4628 21 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GekoCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574557 ft
Switzerland

Hy

tried several times to upgrade the firmare fthouth the DJI Assientan 2 but they do always fail...
Here are also the upgrade log files..
What can I do?

Andy

2017_07_16@12_59_30_upgrade.rar (451.51 KB, Down times: 3)
2017-7-16
Use props
kidinthehall
New
United States

I've been fighting this issue for the past couple months, but I've been trying everything for the past 24 hours.  I tried using Assistant 2 on OSX and Windows (fail at 57%), as well as the Android DJI GO 4 app (fail at 74%).  I discovered if I turned the Mavic Pro off and then on when it hit this threshold, it continued to success!  I read this on another post a couple months ago and didn't try it till now, but can't find the original author.  I was running the newest version of Assistant 2 and upgraded from .0550 to 0.0900.
2017-7-16
Use props
kidinthehall
New
United States

kidinthehall Posted at 2017-7-16 08:44
I've been fighting this issue for the past couple months, but I've been trying everything for the past 24 hours.  I tried using Assistant 2 on OSX and Windows (fail at 57%), as well as the Android DJI GO 4 app (fail at 74%).  I discovered if I turned the Mavic Pro off and then on when it hit this threshold, it continued to success!  I read this on another post a couple months ago and didn't try it till now, but can't find the original author.  I was running the newest version of Assistant 2 and upgraded from .0550 to 0.0900.

One note, I first reset to factory default before upgrading.
2017-7-16
Use props
usera8ce1d3afa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377818 ft
United States

I've had several DJI drones over the past year, finally got a Mavic. Does Mavic mean "miserable" in some other language? I got it used and didn't have any problems flying it but firmware was needing updated. I think it was on .0500 so I tried updating, nope always failing. Installed the DJI Assistant 2.1-2 and I got it to update to .0550. I'm content with that except scared to death that there's a glitch in it that will send the drone off somewhere out of control. I was able to update the controller thru the Assistant app to .0800 but the drone is at .0550 still. I reset to factory default, update to .0800 and it says complete. Then reboots and says .0550 still. I used to have the option to downgrade firmwares, listing .0500 .0550 .0600 .0700 .0800 .0900 but now the app only shows .0800 and .0900, no downgrades. DJI says send it in. I say BS! What a miserable waste of money! Then I read posts where people received a refurb/repaired unit and it's in worse shape!  Hey DJI, I don't want to drop $1000 on a piece of hardware just to send it in for 4-6 weeks for repair.

I've tried uninstall, reinstall, install on Windows 7 machine, Windows 10 machine (btw Windows 10 needs SIGNED drivers and the DJI drivers won't install unless you're in developer mode), Mac OSX machine. Frustrating.

The Mavic runs on Android OS. I've brought phones back to life that were completely corrupted with flashing a factory image. How about it? Make a factory Android recover tool that reflashes all the partitions.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans1b781f26
New

Greece

Yup. FW upgrading and management on the Mavic is a disaster and DJI seems to be making things WORSE WITH EVERY UPDATE.  
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Andy, what's the error code in the DJI Assistant 2? Could you please post a screenshoot here for better assistance?
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

usera8ce1d3afa Posted at 2017-7-16 10:42
I've had several DJI drones over the past year, finally got a Mavic. Does Mavic mean "miserable" in some other language? I got it used and didn't have any problems flying it but firmware was needing updated. I think it was on .0500 so I tried updating, nope always failing. Installed the DJI Assistant 2.1-2 and I got it to update to .0550. I'm content with that except scared to death that there's a glitch in it that will send the drone off somewhere out of control. I was able to update the controller thru the Assistant app to .0800 but the drone is at .0550 still. I reset to factory default, update to .0800 and it says complete. Then reboots and says .0550 still. I used to have the option to downgrade firmwares, listing .0500 .0550 .0600 .0700 .0800 .0900 but now the app only shows .0800 and .0900, no downgrades. DJI says send it in. I say BS! What a miserable waste of money! Then I read posts where people received a refurb/repaired unit and it's in worse shape!  Hey DJI, I don't want to drop $1000 on a piece of hardware just to send it in for 4-6 weeks for repair.

I've tried uninstall, reinstall, install on Windows 7 machine, Windows 10 machine (btw Windows 10 needs SIGNED drivers and the DJI drivers won't install unless you're in developer mode), Mac OSX machine. Frustrating.

Sorry for the touble you have been caused, could you please upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2 again? If you are failed again, please take a screenshoot of the error code, and post it here, I'd like to check it.
2017-7-16
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

kidinthehall Posted at 2017-7-16 09:11
One note, I first reset to factory default before upgrading.

What firmware version was shown after factory reset ? Did You do factory reset via Dji Assistant ? This info would help me a lot since I want to go back to original firmware and DJI GO 3 when my MP was delivered in Dec. 2016. It ran perfect at that time until all this BS started with FW-upgrades and DJI GO4, which now my MP makes almost unusable .................
2017-7-17
Use props
kidinthehall
New
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-17 03:38
What firmware version was shown after factory reset ? Did You do factory reset via Dji Assistant ? This info would help me a lot since I want to go back to original firmware and DJI GO 3 when my MP was delivered in Dec. 2016. It ran perfect at that time until all this BS started with FW-upgrades and DJI GO4, which now my MP makes almost unusable .................

I didn't check my Mavic's setting after the factory reset, which I did using the newest version of Assistant 2 on Mac OSX.  It only took 5 minutes to revert to factory defaults. YMMV
2017-7-17
Use props
GekoCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-16 23:36
Andy, what's the error code in the DJI Assistant 2? Could you please post a screenshoot here for better assistance?

Sorry I can not see the error it appears for a split second and then doesn't reappear...

Andy
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GekoCH Posted at 2017-7-17 10:10
Sorry I can not see the error it appears for a split second and then doesn't reappear...

Andy

What is the current firmware of the drone and the RC? You can find it in the "About" page of the APP. Please provide me your DJI Account email so I can look into it.
2017-7-17
Use props
GekoCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-17 20:25
What is the current firmware of the drone and the RC? You can find it in the "About" page of the APP. Please provide me your DJI Account email so I can look into it.

sent you a PM with the e-mail adress.
The version is:
Remote: 01.03.0600
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GekoCH Posted at 2017-7-17 20:32
sent you a PM with the e-mail adress.
The version is:
Remote: 01.03.0600

Got it , I've added a firmware to your DJI account , please refer to  the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-7-17
Use props
GekoCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-17 23:04
Got it , I've added a firmware to your DJI account , please refer to  the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.

thx a lot for saving my mavic the upgrade process did work thx!

Andy
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GekoCH Posted at 2017-7-17 23:37

Andy

You are welcome, glad to hear that it has been resolved, wish you have a great time on flying.
2017-7-17
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

GekoCH Posted at 2017-7-17 23:37

Andy

Dude return this drome whilst can, i had thr exact same problem, one resolved the drone developed problems with connectivity, if you try to use it and because of this fault any damage occurs DJI will try to use this as an excuse not to fix this issue, i would demand a new drone
2017-7-18
Use props
TheSuperUser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-16 23:44
Sorry for the touble you have been caused, could you please upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2 again? If you are failed again, please take a screenshoot of the error code, and post it here, I'd like to check it.

Hi DJI Diana, notes and error code below:

Plug in Mavic, launch DJI Assist 2.
Drone detected and says there are firmware inconsistencies, I select cancel.
I select to install .0900 firmware. It already downloaded so skips to uploading, counts % up to 100 then updating.
Rear light fast blink yellow, front red lights slow blink 2 seconds on 2 seconds off.
Screen froze at 57%, lights still doing fast yellow slow front red.
After about five minutes drone resets. After DJI tone, rear light cycles yellow red green a few times.
Updating screen still froze at 57%, fast blink yellow and slow blink red.
Then screen says update failed, undefined 0x020106 Upgrade error restart and retry.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TheSuperUser Posted at 2017-7-22 15:13
Hi DJI Diana, notes and error code below:

Plug in Mavic, launch DJI Assist 2.

Provide me with your DJI account email, I'll add a firmware to you and tell you how to upgrade it again.
2017-7-23
Use props
TheSuperUser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-23 22:14
Provide me with your DJI account email, I'll add a firmware to you and tell you how to upgrade it again.

Oh my gosh 30 minutes and done! That's just fantastic! I've not read anywhere to plug the controller into the PC with DJI Assistant and then let the controller be wireless to the Mavic. That and having access to the firmwares got this fixed. Huge thank you! Why couldn't tech support offer this info?
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TheSuperUser Posted at 2017-7-26 20:39
Oh my gosh 30 minutes and done! That's just fantastic! I've not read anywhere to plug the controller into the PC with DJI Assistant and then let the controller be wireless to the Mavic. That and having access to the firmwares got this fixed. Huge thank you! Why couldn't tech support offer this info?

Glad to hear that you've got it resovled. Sorry for the trouble you have been caused by support agents, I'll report this to the management , will keep improving to provide you all more professional service. hope you can enjoy the drone.
2017-7-27
Use props
djiuser_mOLPBnamUcv4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167267 ft

Germany

I have problem to install the latest Version for Phantom 4. I tried many times but it didn't succeed.
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_EQXiWvVgDQu9
New

Ukraine

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-27 01:30
Glad to hear that you've got it resovled. Sorry for the trouble you have been caused by support agents, I'll report this to the management , will keep improving to provide you all more professional service. hope you can enjoy the drone.
hello.  help me with this as well.  Give full instructions on how to update it after a failed firmware.  I've been struggling with this for a week now.  when connected to a PC - the PC reports receiving and disconnecting, the remote control does not connect ... help. My mail address dim888pol@gmail.com
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules