Things has really improved lately for DJI Go 4 on the Google Pixel!
1330 11 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Thanks DJI, things has really improved for DJI Go 4 and my Google Pixel.

We complain all the time, so I thought I better also give DJI some credit when good things happen. And I have noticed a clear improvement with latest firmware and app versions on my Google Pixel. App disconnects now seems to be a thing of the past, and I only remember a single app crash since the introduction of firmware .0800 and .0900 and the app versions that has followed. Okay, I don't get the change to fly every week, but things has definitely improved a lot. Thanks, and please keep it up, DJI! :-)

But it is almost impossible to post here without complaining at least a little bit:
* I hope soon to see a fix for the much to aggressive noise-reduction when using 0 or negative sharpening values. The often named "watercolouring effect" without details in video and jpgs looks so ugly. And I can see from my DNG photos that all that noise reduction is completely unnecessary!
* Also very annoying the app keeps forgetting my settings, like for example that I want to shot JPG+DNG with bracketing when taking photos. I'm not sure what triggers settings to be reset. I think app updates is one kind of events, but not the only one?
* Also please let camera settings be independent for photos and video. They have their own settings dialogs, but (most?) settings are not independent! (Examples: camera profile and white balance).
2017-7-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ive found that if you use Active Track it (i) resets photo to JPG only and (ii) Doesn't put it back when you exit the mode.  There maybe other bugs like that.
2017-7-16
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Maybe the launch of DJI's own Android based "tablets" (Crystalsky devices) has motivated DJI to do a little extra work on stability of the Android app in general?...

Regarding forgetting settings. If it is by design that camera changes to JPG-only when for example choosing Active Track mode, I think DJI should document it.
2017-7-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Lucky You ............. mine gets worse and worse with every update .................. video-transmission lag/pixelated of 30 seconds after 5 minutes of flying, corrupted active track after 3 minutes of flying etc. etc.
2017-7-17
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-17 03:40
Lucky You ............. mine gets worse and worse with every update .................. video-transmission lag/pixelated of 30 seconds after 5 minutes of flying, corrupted active track after 3 minutes of flying etc. etc.

Really? Also a Pixel?
2017-7-17
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

Pixel xl owner here... It's so bad on pixel I actually bought an iPad mini 4 and I really don't like apple!
2017-7-17
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Krevvy Posted at 2017-7-17 13:29
Pixel xl owner here... It's so bad on pixel I actually bought an iPad mini 4 and I really don't like apple!

Have you tried your Pixel XL again lately?
2017-7-17
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

+1 here!
I would say - stabile apk should be a standard - not something I should thank for.
Very rare crashing - only from obvious reasons (lets say - like full phone memory etc.)  may be excused.

Luckily with my particular phone (SGS 5Neo) the Go4 is somehow stabile - but what I read here for other people must be a nightmare.
I agree also with other issues:
- Blurry edges till the FW .550,
- Red hot spot and Watercolor till the FW .700,
IMHO the best FW ever (.700) was unfortunatelly replaced in a second (OK not a second, it was two weeks or so?) again by very disappointing DNG compression issues and watercolor effect back again!

Please DJI, do your "Wherever you go - The Future of Possible" - better!
2017-7-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

No, SG Note 4 ....................

and yesterday when flying in broad daylight (summer here) it got so blazing hot, that it stopped working at all, but only with DJI GO4, no problem with other processor-hungry apps ..............
2017-7-18
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-7-17 22:22
Have you tried your Pixel XL again lately?

Nope.. I have updated to 8.0 preview 4 and I see the dji app has updated on android, but after using the iPad for flying I wouldn't ever want the smaller screen (with potential dji app issues)
iPad is bigger, easier to see in bright sun, and the controller lasts way longer (pixel seems to really drain the RC battery)
2017-8-4
Use props
Dan1975
New

United Kingdom

I run the same phone. Hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions? 1. Any video or photos taken whilst flying auto backs up to google photos. When I take a picture though, two pics hit my photos app, one is high quality the other is blurred, do you know why this is and can it be switched off? 2. If you are hovering and recording and then you change direction the image is jerky as it rotates even slowly despit recording in a lower 1080p 24fps. Have you experienced this at all? Thanks in advance for any advice.
2017-8-6
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Denmark

Dan1975 Posted at 2017-8-6 01:56
I run the same phone. Hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions? 1. Any video or photos taken whilst flying auto backs up to google photos. When I take a picture though, two pics hit my photos app, one is high quality the other is blurred, do you know why this is and can it be switched off? 2. If you are hovering and recording and then you change direction the image is jerky as it rotates even slowly despit recording in a lower 1080p 24fps. Have you experienced this at all? Thanks in advance for any advice.

1) It's the Google Photos app that automatically backups every folder with new images in, unless you tell it not to do so in a folder:
Open Google Photos -> Device Folders -> Find folder with low-res images (Probably "CACHE_IMAGE") -> Open it and uncheck "Back up & Sync".
2) I haven't noticed any special problems (I usually record video in 2.7K30fps).
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules