Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max Flight Distance
2586 25 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

Since updating the new firmware, every time I fly the aircraft, I have to set my flight distance because it keeps defaulting to 300 meters. I have tried sliding the max Flight Distance bar in the menu, and in either position the end result is the same. Am I missing something here?
2017-7-16
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

I tried leaving the app open with 3000 meters set for a value, and as soon as the aircraft turns on it changes it. I can change it back, but this is annoying.
2017-7-16
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

One other note, the default value I gave was wrong, it's 500 meters
2017-7-16
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

I believe I found my answer in an older thread. Also the default value is 500m not 300m that I originally posted. Gonna go try it out.
2017-7-16
Use props
wambat7777
New
Flight distance : 6926 ft
United States

Hi,
I have an inspire 1 and was flying it yesterday with no problem. I updated the Inspire and controller last night. Everything appeared to be fine. Now today, it is giving me the flight limit message. I live on a farm and today is the winter wheat harvest. I am missing out on incredible shots. Am I supposed to wait 4 years for the next winter wheat harvest? Very disappointing.
2017-7-16
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-16 10:00
Hi,
I have an inspire 1 and was flying it yesterday with no problem. I updated the Inspire and controller last night. Everything appeared to be fine. Now today, it is giving me the flight limit message. I live on a farm and today is the winter wheat harvest. I am missing out on incredible shots. Am I supposed to wait 4 years for the next winter wheat harvest? Very disappointing.

What you want to do in the dji go app is click on the icon of the copter, then look for the slider that says enable max distance. Just make sure that is off, and everything will be just fine. For some reason that seems different in this firmware version because before, I would set how far I would let my bird fly, and it always saved that distance, and now it does not. So, the solution is to turn that off. Hope this helps you out, it worked for me.
2017-7-16
Use props
Aerial Boundary
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-7-16 08:28
I believe I found my answer in an older thread. Also the default value is 500m not 300m that I originally posted. Gonna go try it out.

You should probably mention what the answer is or link to the thread for the benefit of anyone else with the same issue

I'm going to take a guess on what the issue might be. The setting you're trying to change is inside the drone, despite the fact that you're setting it using the app. So obviously changing it in the app without the drone being turned on is not sufficient. When you turn the drone on, it's quite likely that the app will throw away your new value in the app and update it based on the previous value that was  stored in the drone rather the other way around. So the moral of the story is to make sure that the drone and the remote are turned on and everything is connected before you make changes to settings.
2017-7-16
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

Aerial Boundary Posted at 2017-7-16 15:32
You should probably mention what the answer is or link to the thread for the benefit of anyone else with the same issue

I'm going to take a guess on what the issue might be. The setting you're trying to change is inside the drone, despite the fact that you're setting it using the app. So obviously changing it in the app without the drone being turned on is not sufficient. When you turn the drone on, it's quite likely that the app will throw away your new value in the app and update it based on the previous value that was  stored in the drone rather the other way around. So the moral of the story is to make sure that the drone and the remote are turned on and everything is connected before you make changes to settings.

I did explain how to correct it in the post just above yours
2017-7-16
Use props
fansc0cdc59f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

edit.....xgvjv hgjchgj
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-16 10:00
Hi,

I'm sorry for the experience with our product. Have you logged in your DJI account after updating? Please keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-7-17
Use props
wambat7777
New
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-7-16 11:58
What you want to do in the dji go app is click on the icon of the copter, then look for the slider that says enable max distance. Just make sure that is off, and everything will be just fine. For some reason that seems different in this firmware version because before, I would set how far I would let my bird fly, and it always saved that distance, and now it does not. So, the solution is to turn that off. Hope this helps you out, it worked for me.

This does not work. I Have that turned off. I also tried turning it on with 3000m as the max. It only will travel 30 m no matter what. any help would be appreciated!!
2017-7-17
Use props
wambat7777
New
United States

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-17 05:31
This does not work. I Have that turned off. I also tried turning it on with 3000m as the max. It only will travel 30 m no matter what. any help would be appreciated!!

I am so angry. I have waited 4 years to get these shots and am missing the opportunity because of this stupid update. I have logged in to the app and nothing prevents these stupid flight restrictions from taking over! Also, why would one have to log in to the app for "safety"!! What if you were out in the field and don't have internet?? Very dumb and update obviously not checked before release.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-17 10:50
I am so angry. I have waited 4 years to get these shots and am missing the opportunity because of this stupid update. I have logged in to the app and nothing prevents these stupid flight restrictions from taking over! Also, why would one have to log in to the app for "safety"!! What if you were out in the field and don't have internet?? Very dumb and update obviously not checked before release.

I am sorry that did not fix it for you.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
United States

Sorry this didnt work for you.
2017-7-17
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-17 05:31

Ok you do have the App running correct ?  meaning the Go app is installed and connected to the RC transmitter ? (and working )   Have you tried a re load of the Go app ? the only reason I ask is the latest update made it impossible to fly any great distance  without the Go app connected  and thus live video and flight data to the Pilot . This was to prevent pilots from flying out of visual range  between the AC and the RC without the Go app up and running .

You do not need Internet to fly .
You are not in  beginner mode or anything are you ?    Also be sure when changing settings that the entire system is on , ( like max distance etc.) You cant say change the settings on the go app and then plug the Go app into the RC transmitter and turn the Ac On .  Many of the settings are stored on the Aircraft and NOT the Go app itself .  

fire up like this

1-RC
AC
Then last "Go App " ( note:  go app device can be ON  but open the app last ) T

Turn Off this order

1-AC
RC
Than last the Go app  then the device itself .

Doing it this way locks any changes to the AC from the /go app

Hope this helps
*** EDIT ;  want to  make sure this is seen : Elete and update the go app if the problem  with flight distance persist's . This worked for memeber "Ariel Peek" and others form other threads as well .

donnie

2017-7-18
Use props
Jlarcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2743376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-18 04:22
Ok you do have the App running correct ?  meaning the Go app is installed and connected to the RC transmitter ? (and working )  the only reason I ask is the latest update made it impossible to fly any great distance  without the Go app connected  and thus live video and flight data to the Pilot . This was to prevent pilots from flying out of visual range  between the AC and the RC without the Go app up and running .

Donnie, you are a very smart man....
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I understand your frustration. This is not a server issue. Please keep rebooting the APP and the drone, it will get fixed. New APP will be released very soon and the issue will get solved. Sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused.
2017-7-19
Use props
wambat7777
New
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-18 04:22
Ok you do have the App running correct ?  meaning the Go app is installed and connected to the RC transmitter ? (and working )  the only reason I ask is the latest update made it impossible to fly any great distance  without the Go app connected  and thus live video and flight data to the Pilot . This was to prevent pilots from flying out of visual range  between the AC and the RC without the Go app up and running .

This does not work. Same problem. I am not in beginner, and did everything in your order and same thing. Enabling max flight distance doesn't do anything either, same restrictions. I always use the app and am logged in. I am ready to pitch this thing.
If others are not having this issue then the update must have gotten corrupted. Is there any way to reload the update?
2017-7-19
Use props
fans23ea42c4
lvl.3
United States

wambat7777@aol Posted at 2017-7-19 06:56
This does not work. Same problem. I am not in beginner, and did everything in your order and same thing. Enabling max flight distance doesn't do anything either, same restrictions. I always use the app and am logged in. I am ready to pitch this thing.
If others are not having this issue then the update must have gotten corrupted. Is there any way to reload the update?

I have the same issue
2017-7-19
Use props
fans23ea42c4
lvl.3
United States

I tried everything mentioned in this thread and nothing worked.  I reloaded the Go App and it works fine now.
2017-7-19
Use props
eastendpro
lvl.1
United States

Same horrible issue. Especially awful when you're over and hour drive from home base on a three location shoot for a client.
2017-7-19
Use props
eastendpro
lvl.1
United States

After installing the latest software upgrade (7/11/17) I had several successful flights. Then, as of today (7/19/17) my elevation was limited with the 'Max' reached warning. After wasting an entire battery, and checking forums out in the field, I made sure I was logged in and updated the app (there was no indication/warning this was needed in the app itself). Next flight my elevation range was normal but my radius was limited. Upon the third flight, the issues seemed to be gone. Possible solutions: 1) Make sure you are signed into your DJI account; 2) Update your app. It's a very sinking feeling when you are a commercial operator and your device/DJI seems to be failing you.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please check my the post on 17#, it's not a server issue. First, please make sure the DJI account has logged in successfully. Just login once and keep it.
When you encounter the restriction, please reboot the APP and aircraft, maybe more than once, the issue will get fixed.
The new version APP will be released very soon, we suggest to update in time if you had this issue before, thank you for your patience.
2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Dd you try and delete the Go app and re install ?  I thought I had mentioned this in an earlier post to you but if not please try this.
If that does not work then rollback to the previous firmware on the AC and re install .

donnie
2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Jlarcher Posted at 2017-7-18 16:43
Donnie, you are a very smart man....

Ah Not sure how to take this , "Donnie you are a very smart man ...." I will just take it as a compliment......

Sometimes when you state the obvious  you can come off as talking down to members and that is NEVER  my intention , I  am never sure if  the member I am addressing has 30 years RC  experience or 2 days ? So I go into a lot of detail and sometimes  going back to basics solves the issue .

Cheers

donnie

2017-7-20
Use props
wambat7777
New
United States

Donnie,
How does one reinstall or rollback the firmware on the AC? I tried this and I get the message that the firmware is the same or earlier version. I do appreciate your help. By the way, I am 60 years old, experienced in RC and computers, and have had/flown my Inspire for 2 1/2 years. When I first got it, things were a lot simpler as far as operating it. Every update seems to complicate things more and more, with no benefit from my perspective.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules