Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has Anyone Insured Their Drone with State Farm Recently?
985 4 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I am going away on a trip, and I will be flying over water with my drone, and just in case it falls or something happens, I want to be covered, so I am thinking of getting the State Farm Insurance. Has anyone done this recently in PA? Or anywhere at least and can help me through what to say and things to avoid saying? I've heard some people say to NOT mention the word drone and use quad-copter, but then I've heard other things as well, so any tips?

2017-7-16
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

I purchased it in NY. No problems mentioning drone. They just wanted to make sure I wasn't using it for commercial/professional use. There's a spreadsheet somewhere in forum with a list of State Farm Reps that have sold insurance in each state. Google it.
2017-7-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

My policy wasn't purchased very recently and it wasn't in Pennsylvania, but that shouldn't matter. Just contact an agent willing to sell the policies (not all do, even in states where they're available), picking one off the spreadsheet linked to at the beginning of this thread, call and tell them that you want a personal articles policy for your "drone" / "quadcopter" / whatever. Once they know what you want they'll guide you through the process. I don't think the terminology matters and in any case there's no point in being less than honest with them about what it is you want them to insure.
2017-7-16
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

I purchased it in NY. No problems mentioning drone. They just wanted to make sure I wasn't using it for commercial/professional use. There's a spreadsheet somewhere in forum with a list of State Farm Reps that have sold insurance in each state. Google it.
2017-7-16
Use props
RCKable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

I got mine Friday here in Va, I actually went in asked directly about Drone insurance, they knew exactly what I was talking about.
I did have to show my receipt.  Its like $2.25 per $100 cost of the drone, which comes to $30 a year (VA has a minimum charge of $30 a year). The policy is just for the drone and the required accessories. It covers everything on/with the drone or the combo you bought.  If the camera messes up since its a permanent fixture I get a check, if the drone flies off, stolen, crashes, I get a check. If the controller breaks, I can get a check just for the RC, if a battery goes bad, I can get a check for a battery.  He told me the as of right now rates do not go up unless there is no more then 2 claims against the policy with the drone within 12 months. And after 3 within 12 months they will deny coverage.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules