Firmware v01.03.0900 Failure
1485 17 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Necron99
lvl.1
United States

So I just got this Mavic Pro the other day and it's sitting on firmware v01.03.0400.  I get a firmware notification for v01.03.0900 on the DJI Go 4 app on the tablet I have connected to the remote.  I tell it to update.  It looks like it updates and says it's done so I restart everything.  Nope....stilll on 01.03.0400 like it was when I first got it.  Okay, failed firmware update.  No big deal.  I start it again.  Nope.  Half dozen times and same thing.  Okay, I'll try DJI Assistant 2.  I plug in the Mavic Pro.  Updates to 60%.  Restarts.  Sits there at 60% for about 5 minutes then zips up to 100% and says it failed.  Do I want to upload the logs from my Windows 10 machine?  Sure.  I click upload and Windows says it doens't recognize the file type and doesn't know what do do with it.  So out of curiosity I plug the controller in and tell DJI Assistant 2 to update it.  It updates fine.  Okay...well that worked.  Now how do I back that out to match the Mavic Pro?  I don't see any options to back it out back to 0400 so I can fly.  Miserable experience so far.  Don't have these problems with my Phantom 3 Standard.
2017-7-16
Use props
Necron99
lvl.1
United States

Oh...and the error code is 0x020106
2017-7-16
Use props
Necron99
lvl.1
United States

And what's causing this?

What's causing this?

What's causing this?

2017-7-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Yo dude....You know how lucky you are to have .400 FW??? Stay on it that is most stable FW now. Try to reset the RC to factoriing setting and hopefully it will take it back to .400. otherwise, you are...
2017-7-16
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

It´s not being able to download the  fmw properly. If you´re connected through wifi, the mavic is probably interfering with it and killing it. Try something:

-Connect remote and start your mavic
-Launch the firmware process and sit the remote as close to your wifi router as possible
-Check the screen and verify that it goes through the "Download" phase. There´s a message on the screen.
-Once it starts unpacking the fmw and uploading it to your drone, get the remote as close as possible to the mavic.

That should do the trick Otherwise if your router has a 5Ghz option, you can try to use that network to avoid interference.
2017-7-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I believe this is what you get when not all of your updatable components are on the same firmware version: AC, RC, and batteries all must be on the same firmware version to operate properly. I saw the same message sometime after installing .0900 and I think it was casued by one of my batteries.
2017-7-16
Use props
Necron99
lvl.1
United States

I'll try to answer all of these.  I tried to revert the RC back to .0400 but couldn't find the option anywhere.  Not connected through wifi. Using DJI Assistant 2 and USB cable. It gets through the Download and Transfer phases fine but hangs at 60% on the Updating phase.  The battery has a version?  How do I update the batteries?
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Necron99 Posted at 2017-7-16 20:05
I'll try to answer all of these.  I tried to revert the RC back to .0400 but couldn't find the option anywhere.  Not connected through wifi. Using DJI Assistant 2 and USB cable. It gets through the Download and Transfer phases fine but hangs at 60% on the Updating phase.  The battery has a version?  How do I update the batteries?

Could you please provide me your DJI account email so I can look into it?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Necron99 Posted at 2017-7-16 20:05

Thanks for PM me the info, could you please refer to the steps below to re-upgrade it again via DJI Assistant 2 before you send it in? I've reconfigured your DJI account.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-7-17
Use props
Necron99
lvl.1
United States

Got it working.  Saw it in another thread.

1.  Downgrade both RC and AC to 01.03.0350.
2.  Upgrade both RC and AC to 01.03.0800.
3.  Upgrade both RC and AC to 01.03.0900.

Worked without issue.  Tested flight and seems fine.  Both RC and AC at 01.03.0900 now.  Thanks for the tips.
2017-7-17
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

I would return it, I had the same problem which lead to RC and AC connectivity issues, if your drone crashes or flys away DJI will try to use this as an excuse not to replace it.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-18 11:35
I would return it, I had the same problem which lead to RC and AC connectivity issues, if your drone crashes or flys away DJI will try to use this as an excuse not to replace it.

If you look at my threads you will see i was one of the first to workaround this issue
2017-7-18
Use props
Jadan
lvl.1
Singapore

I have tried every method i can to try to upgrade my Mavic Pro, but i still cannot get the UAV to accept the V01.03.0900 firmware. It gets to 68% and fails (0x020106 error code). The remote is currently at V01.03.0900, but the UAV is at V01.03.0400. The remote upgrade only worked when i plugged the USB into the remote, and the UAV was off. The UAV fails when i have the remote plugged into the USB, or when i turn the remote off, and have the UAV connected to the USB. I have tried the Record button method, cycling the drone on and off, version V01.03.0800 doesnt work. i have tried to do the upgrade via the app as well. Still no luck. The drone hasnt been flown yet, after a week of trying to match up the firmware. Components at different firmwares..... i was expecting a little more.
2017-8-15
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-18 11:35

I would categorically NOT return it.  I'm a survivor of it and haven't had a single problem since DJI fixed me up, and know that MANY others on this forum too have been helped without repercussion.  Just my opinion.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jadan Posted at 2017-8-15 16:25
I have tried every method i can to try to upgrade my Mavic Pro, but i still cannot get the UAV to accept the V01.03.0900 firmware. It gets to 68% and fails (0x020106 error code). The remote is currently at V01.03.0900, but the UAV is at V01.03.0400. The remote upgrade only worked when i plugged the USB into the remote, and the UAV was off. The UAV fails when i have the remote plugged into the USB, or when i turn the remote off, and have the UAV connected to the USB. I have tried the Record button method, cycling the drone on and off, version V01.03.0800 doesnt work. i have tried to do the upgrade via the app as well. Still no luck. The drone hasnt been flown yet, after a week of trying to match up the firmware. Components at different firmwares..... i was expecting a little more.

Could you please provide me with your DJI account email? I'll reconfigure your DJI account, then tell you how to upgrade it.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jadan Posted at 2017-8-15 16:25

Copy that, Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-8-15
Use props
Jadan
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 22:46
Copy that, Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.

It was not smooth sailing. but i did manage to get it to  update.... finally. I had to follow a slightly different approach.
1. Log into the DJI account
2. Downgrade to V01.03.0350 through Assistant 2.
3. DJI Assistant 2 failed to work going forward....
4. switch to DJI GO App for android.
5. Press "record" and Update the firmware via the app to V01.03.0900.

The RC is having issues talking to DJI Assistant 2 now, (it was working before), the drone can talk to my laptop. But i dont care anymore, i managed to get it done with the app.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jadan Posted at 2017-8-18 20:26
It was not smooth sailing. but i did manage to get it to  update.... finally. I had to follow a slightly different approach.
1. Log into the DJI account
2. Downgrade to V01.03.0350 through Assistant 2.

Glad to hear that, for the RC, connect it to the PC when it is off, then power on it, see if it works.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules