What's up with NFZ?!?!?!?
3049 21 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
United States

What is up with this giant NFZ for VIP movement???? I've been grounded all weekend!!!!!!?
IMG_9934.PNG
IMG_9932.PNG
2017-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is one of the features you get in the Land Of The Free. Probably means Trump is visiting a golf course in the area.
2017-7-16
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

http://www.nj.com/politics/index ... f_tourney_ends.html
2017-7-16
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

060.jpg thats what we all get in future, making it impossible to plan nice holiday trips with DJI stuff. i want see all the DJI lovers face when they finally realize what we other user always complain here in forum and they also cant fly anymore.

you are lucky there. here in china everything will be banned from next august on. all parks, all cities, all nice scenic spots, all squares and everything you can imagine which looks halfway ok to shoot some photos from.

"enjoy the experience guys" like DJI always say. stay at home, watch more TV or read a book in future. cause go out and just fly isnt anymore possible.
2017-7-16
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-16 16:07
It is one of the features you get in the Land Of The Free. Probably means Trump is visiting a golf course in the area.

yeah, for a women golf tournament... out grabbing something different from golf balls, I presume
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's the temporary flight restriction for VIP Movement. It will disappear when the event is done.
If you need to fly the drone for special use, please contact our proper team to unlock your drone, send your requires email to flysafe@dji.com.
2017-7-17
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 00:50
It's the temporary flight restriction for VIP Movement. It will disappear when the event is done.
If you need to fly the drone for special use, please contact our proper team to unlock your drone, send your requires email to .

temporary noflyzones will appear only if you have internet connection when using GO app right? if there is no internet, the app dont know about the new noflyzone.
???
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-17 01:04
temporary noflyzones will appear only if you have internet connection when using GO app right? if there is no internet, the app dont know about the new noflyzone.
???

Nope, it actually depends on where the drone is. When the drone itself detects that it is in NFZ, the propellers will be locked.
GO app is an auxiliary equipment to check the flight restriction zone.
2017-7-17
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 01:20
Nope, it actually depends on where the drone is. When the drone itself detects that it is in NFZ, the propellers will be locked.
GO app is an auxiliary equipment to check the flight restriction zone.

aha ok thanks for answer - how the drone knows about every future upcoming temporary future NFZ if the app never contacts to any wifi or internet?
trump went to this golf session to see some balls nice girls, fair enough. but he didnt know that last month. if you didnt activate the wifi from app for a month. it should be unable to detect the NFZ right like this VIP event right?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Temporary flight restriction zone is also recorded by satellites on our drone, the if the drone's GPS is available, it will realise where it is. So even though you don't connect your app or the app cannot connect the internet, in GPS available condition, the drone will be locked in NFZ.
2017-7-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Never heard that before.  My P2 is looking better and better...
2017-7-17
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 01:52
Temporary flight restriction zone is also recorded by satellites, the if the drone's GPS is available, it will realise where it is. So even though you don't connect your app or the app cannot connect the internet, in GPS available condition, the drone will be locked in NFZ.

satellites send no fly zone informations out too? thats new
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-17 02:08
Never heard that before.  My P2 is looking better and better...

Remember that GPS was developed and controlled by USA military. So who knows, perhaps there are some hidden functions :-)
That's why the Russians Developed GLONASS (Military), the Europeans Galileo (Civilian, rolling out) and others have their own systems.
I would expect that the NFZ data is updated by DJI Go 4 when it gets a chance to connect to internet. And given that there is a notification period for the NOTAMS, the data would likely have been available in advance.

The Press Secretary hiding in the bushes is likely the final line of defence. Or the hook off the tee :-)

2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-17 02:34

All in one, NFZ is related to the GPS, not the about app.
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-17 02:34

In any case, all drones, whether DJI or not, caught flying around POTUS will be very likely shot down by his Secret Service protection team...
2017-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Make Murica Great Again!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 02:35
Remember that GPS was developed and controlled by USA military. So who knows, perhaps there are some hidden functions :-)
That's why the Russians Developed GLONASS (Military), the Europeans Galileo (Civilian, rolling out) and others have their own systems.
I would expect that the NFZ data is updated by DJI Go 4 when it gets a chance to connect to internet. And given that there is a notification period for the NOTAMS, the data would likely have been available in advance.

It's a Simple fix! the GPS on the P4P is located in the center top of the bird, cut and tape a piece of Tin Foil to the center top of the bird! problem fixed....
2017-7-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Here's an obit from a couple weeks ago that I thought was interesting regarding GPS.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/l ... _term=.c9991903fff7
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-7-17 10:33
It's a Simple fix! the GPS on the P4P is located in the center top of the bird, cut and tape a piece of Tin Foil to the center top of the bird! problem fixed....

LOL, tin foil is sometime seen in form of a hat on some pilots' heads too The aircraft will fly in ATTI mode, the pilot I don't know...
2017-7-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

****, now they're tryin' to make TFRs for boats!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/l ... =nl_buzz&wpmm=1
2017-7-17
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
China

soooo... thats gonna be what? NPZ?
no paddle zone?!
2017-7-18
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
Canada

So does the P4P have different firmware than the mavic when it comes to NFZ? while my bird was grounded during the sunset 2 other guys opened their mavics and were able to fly right next to me without issue.
I want an explanation from DJI!!!!
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules