Max distance reached. WTF
19975 22 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511171 ft
United States

After doing the recent update I cant go more then 140ft away and my Phantom 4 stops. I checked all my settings and they are good. Any suggestions?
2017-7-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you logged into your DJI account while using DJI GO?
Has the GO app defaulted to Beginners Mode after the last app update?
2017-7-16
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

I don't think I am going to upgrade my software even though DJI are telling me to on a regular basis. I am happy with the performance of mine! sorry you are having trouble I am sure some of the Gurus on this forum will sort it out for you
2017-7-16
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI did mentioned after the firmware update all the previous setting will gone and you need to do it again.

Try log out the DJI account on your Go 4 app then login again as usual and will work fine.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Punchbuggy said, if you had updated the new firmware, you need to log in your account first or the drone will be limited in flight height of 30 meters and 50 meters for distance.
If you had logged in and the problem still persists, please provide the screenshots of the drone's firmware version, the reminder of this limit, the Main Controller Settings, I'll help to submit this to our engineer.
2017-7-17
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 00:21
Like Punchbuggy said, if you had updated the new firmware, you need to log in your account first or the drone will be limited in flight height of 30 meters and 50 meters for distance.
If you had logged in and the problem still persists, please provide the screenshots of the drone's firmware version, the reminder of this limit, the Main Controller Settings, I'll help to submit this to our engineer.

its wrong i did all updates before and log in my account.
my p4 have the same problem and i can fix it by landing, disconnect battery a second, turn it on and start again. flight will be unlimited. if i change battery its limited again until i turn it off a moment and restart. since i will rather die than do one more update its ok for me. i can live with this bug. and all the other countless bugs too if i can prevent any more forced updates in that way and fly whenever and wherever i like.
2017-7-17
Use props
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-16 16:44

I was not logged in at the time. I will log in and try again.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nm3hGcgJjYs7 Posted at 2017-7-17 03:09
I was not logged in at the time. I will log in and try again.

Thank you. And keep us updated if the problem persists.
2017-7-17
Use props
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 00:21

I did log into my DJI account but no difference. I can only fly about 140 ft away and I get a Max flight distance reached message. I have attached screen shots like you asked for.
2017-7-19
Use props
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
United States

Nm3hGcgJjYs7 Posted at 2017-7-19 17:04
I did log into my DJI account but no difference. I can only fly about 140 ft away and I get a Max flight distance reached message. I have attached screen shots like you asked for.

Pictures attached

Versions

Versions

Warnings

Warnings

Controller

Controller
2017-7-19
Use props
fans3da7ffba
New
Flight distance : 49 ft
Bahamas

I'm having a similar issue. Range was fine in the states but I'm currently in the Bahamas and now I'm range limited. I'm logged in to the Go app. Not in beginner mode.hoping to resolve this before vacation is over.
2017-7-19
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to update your DJI Go 4 app to the latest (for ios should be version 4.1.3, android might be about the same version number).
Currently you have version 4.0.6 installed in your smart device, it is not good for the latest firmware.

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nm3hGcgJjYs7 Posted at 2017-7-19 17:04

Please try to re-launch the app or reboot the drone if you had logged in but still had the limitation.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-17 03:07
its wrong i did all updates before and log in my account.
my p4 have the same problem and i can fix it by landing, disconnect battery a second, turn it on and start again. flight will be unlimited. if i change battery its limited again until i turn it off a moment and restart. since i will rather die than do one more update its ok for me. i can live with this bug. and all the other countless bugs too if i can prevent any more forced updates in that way and fly whenever and wherever i like.

Sorry for this inconvenience. This is a known issue and our engineers are working on it. It will be fixed via the app if one had logged in but still had that height and distance limitation. It can be unlimited by reboot the drone or re-launch the app at present like you mentioned.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans60c4cf60
New
Flight distance : 79236 ft
Bulgaria

Problem solved here by removing and reinstalling DJI GO - but careful, there are different versions of it in GooglePlay.
2017-7-20
Use props
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-7-19 18:48
You need to update your DJI Go 4 app to the latest (for ios should be version 4.1.3, android might be about the same version number).
Currently you have version 4.0.6 installed in your smart device, it is not good for the latest firmware.

That fix it. Thanks!!!!!!
2017-8-11
Use props
djiuser_nuHuOrB6iReg
New

United States

My Phantom 4 Pro still limits me to about 100 feet high and 150 feet distance and says “Maximum Flight Distance Reached.” I’ve tried everything. Help please
2019-3-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nuHuOrB6iReg Posted at 3-31 13:45
My Phantom 4 Pro still limits me to about 100 feet high and 150 feet distance and says “Maximum Flight Distance Reached.” I’ve tried everything. Help please

Make sure youre logged in in the app, make sure youre not in beginner mode too, also, if using the DJI goggles, make sure you take off with the app 1st then plug in the goggles, tey have a limitation, or used to have ....-
2019-3-31
Use props
fansf60a683a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14452 ft
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 03:16
Thank you. And keep us updated if the problem persists.

I experienced the same. Log in logout login again. Works sometime, but doesn’t work at other times. The firmware definitely has an issue here.
2021-1-15
Use props
DG Pro
New

United Kingdom

fansf60a683a Posted at 1-15 19:27
I experienced the same. Log in logout login again. Works sometime, but doesn’t work at other times. The firmware definitely has an issue here.

Have you enabled "Max Distance" setting in the app?
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_KOdpoARPcYjY
New

Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-16 16:44

Holy, I think you have the answer..  I have flown my mini 2 with no problems up until yesterday.  When I tired flying I noticed a message of not being logged into my account but I couldn't because I am using an old phone that does not have sim card.   I couldn't figure out why I couldn't go further then around 100 meters.   I read this post and a light bulb lit up in my head.  I will try again when it warms up but this time I will make sure I log into account using internet before I leave the house.  Not sure it will matter when I get away from wifi but we will see.  Thanks for the post.  
2023-3-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_KOdpoARPcYjY Posted at 3-11 09:44
Holy, I think you have the answer..  I have flown my mini 2 with no problems up until yesterday.  When I tired flying I noticed a message of not being logged into my account but I couldn't because I am using an old phone that does not have sim card.   I couldn't figure out why I couldn't go further then around 100 meters.   I read this post and a light bulb lit up in my head.  I will try again when it warms up but this time I will make sure I log into account using internet before I leave the house.  Not sure it will matter when I get away from wifi but we will see.  Thanks for the post.

Wow! That post was 6 years ago. Pleased to hear that it may provide you with a solution.

But yeah, if you're not logged into an account, your drone will be restricted in distance and height.
2023-3-12
Use props
Alex137
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21772 ft
Australia

I love my mini 2 drone and have always had respect for dji as a company producing high-quality drones.  I flew mini 2 without logging in as I always did to find out that the flight distance is restricted to a hundred meters or so.  When I tried to bring the drone back, it refused to go to the point of launching with the message that this would exceed the maximum distance (!).  Having such restrictions is not a safe practice as the drone did not have a safe place to land and could have crashed.  I solved the problem by repeatedly resetting the home point, which allowed me to bring the drone back.  With all due respect for the company, I wish to make it clear that attempts to enforce compulsory snooping on flights taken in other countries are unacceptable.  Please consider changing this practice and introducing a clear and unambiguous "no spying" policy, otherwise even loyal customers like myself will have to abandon dji.               
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules