Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Urgent issue: Logged in but can't fly past 30m and 50m
21594 36 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

I updated my phantom 3 standard to the 1.9.20 update a few weeks ago. I didn't know at the time that it required a log in, but I was logged in to the DJI Go app on my iPhone. I took it out for 3 or 4 test flights at a park near my house in Dallas and flew it around without any problems. Now I'm on the trip to the Colorado Rockies which I actually bought the drone for, and I get up here and it won't fly farther than 50 m or higher than 30 m! I have an extremely slow 3G connection that let me discover the login requirement. I've tried logging out and logging back in in the app and logged into the website but nothing works. I am not in Beginner Mode and I have mac distance disabled. Max height is set to the default which I think is 120 m. I need it working now or I'm going to miss all my opportunities to shoot the shots I lugged it all the way out here for. Can anyone help? I'm on app v 3.1.1. I can't  update it due to apple's criminal policy of limiting my "unlimited" data plan by requiring wifi to download the app. Why is it being limited and is there anything I can do?
2017-7-17
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Would it be possible you are in a restricted fly zone?
2017-7-17
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

Not that I can tell. I looked them up before heading up here and there was nothing for miles. I'm outside of Crested Butte, CO at Taylor Park.
2017-7-17
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

Just had the same thing happen to me. I flew after the update and everything work fine was able to go 400 feet. Today I tried flying and was only able to go 93 feet (30 meters). I think you need to log out of DJI go app and log back in. I will try flying again after battery is charged and let you know if that works. I believe I read that you have to do that.
2017-7-17
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

I've tried that several times with no luck. Let me know if it works for you. I hope it does.
2017-7-17
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
United States

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nd-firmware-updates Here is the information about the update.
2017-7-17
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

you do have to have to have internet access the first time you power on the motors.. u do not neccessarily have to fly, but make sure u start up in an area where you got internet.. let be a few.. then see if this happens again/still....
2017-7-17
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

All you have to do is, sign back into skypixel and ALL will be RIGHT my friends! Just sign back into skypixel. Safety First! Ken.
2017-7-17
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

In at least one of my flights at home, I had internet access. I did a facebook live stream for one of them. In my flights here, where it is not working, I have this slow connection. But you are only supposed to have to log in once. After that, no connection is supposed to be necessary. So it should've been taken care before I got here, but even if it wasn't, I'm connected here on 3G.
2017-7-17
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, highasakite, but that is not the case. I am signed in and have signed out and back in multiple times. Please everyone read the OP before posting.
2017-7-17
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
United States

xr280xr Posted at 2017-7-17 16:07
Sorry, highasakite, but that is not the case. I am signed in and have signed out and back in multiple times. Please everyone read the OP before posting.

was having the same problem, log out log in still wont fly above 100 feet. I had to connect to phantom with app then I connected to wifi and it showed app needed an update, I updated and tried again still had same thing. I then logged out of app and tried to connect to phantom and it said I needed to log in to app. I then logged in with wifi then changed over to phantom wifi and did a test flight and it work fine. I think the trying to connect without being logged in did the trick, try that i hope it helps.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to re-install the APP, then log into it , see if it works?
2017-7-18
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys
i am having this issue since i upgraded my aircraft to the latest FW , i just downgraded it last night , i hailed like a few meters  but not that much , i tried 1.6.80. 00 without any changes
now did a couple of tests with 1.7.90 , same thing , will give it another try again later today , for some reason its a large known issue on the P3 S .
2017-7-19
Use props
Bramz
New
Flight distance : 49327 ft
Denmark

I'am experiencing the same issues. At first I thought it was antenna issues, but it is too consistent across different spots to be antenna issues.

Whenever I get 30m-ish in altitude and 50m-ish in distance (which fits with the 1.9.20 firmware specs) I loose RC signal. It goes from 5 bars to 1/0 bars in split seconds. The video feed is in the meanwhile perfect. Is is tried across multiple spots to avoid interference, buildings, trees, etc.

I have tried the following without any luck:
- Relink RC
- Logout and login to DJI Go (both with connected and disconnected from the drone)
- Delete and reinstall DJI Go
- Adjust antenna position
- Calibrate IMU

Is there any news on this matter?
2017-7-19
Use props
Yorkee
New
Flight distance : 306916 ft
Canada

I am having the same issue. I tried to reboot my phone, app everything and when I take-off I can only fly 30 m up and 50 m away (really sucked when I did a 2 hour hike to a nice waterfall and was hoping for  very cool pictures). I tried to log out and log back in and still it does not work. I do not understand why they implemented this stupid rule. I feel like having my drone in a cage now. Please DJI fix this stupid bug. Thank you in advance.
2017-7-19
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

I got it working. I found a campground with wi-fi so I was able to update my iPhone DJI GO app from 3.1.1 to 3.1.13. When I started the updated version of the app, it asked me to log in, then took me on a tour as if I had never used the app. I checked my settings and they were all correct but Az apparently they can get reset (like enabling beginner mode) for some people. I then left the wifi area and went back to my camp and tried it out and it's distance and altitude were finally unlocked.

So it appears there is an undocumented requirement that you need to update the app to use this firmware!

I had been in email contact with DJI and they had me going in circles checking settings and recalibrating the IMU repeatedly.  They never once even suggested that the app might be the problem. I was very lucky to find wifi. I hope this helps some people.
2017-7-19
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your help Tom24nh!
2017-7-19
Use props
Yorkee
New
Canada

I just checked my DJI GO App and it wasn't the most recent one. I updated it and now I get a message: Please sign in with you account before using app (I did not get this message before the update). I have a good feeling about this. I am gonna give it a try tomorrow and let you know. Thank you xr280xr.
2017-7-19
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

there seems to be some confusion over the phrase logging in. Once firwmware is updated, DJI  must be notified(logged into) via the app on internet to release the p3 range limitation. sounds like many are calling opening the app to logging into the app?
2017-7-20
Use props
Chris Edwards
New
Flight distance : 91696 ft
United States

on the update release notes it states updated fly zone safety that you will be required to sign in first or the limit is 50M/30M distance

it sucks
2017-7-20
Use props
xr280xr
lvl.1

United States

Stutka75, logging in on DJI GO 3.1.1 did not unlock the restriction.  I understand the difference between opening the app and logging in.
2017-7-20
Use props
Yorkee
New
Canada

I went to fly my drone this afternoon and it worked well. So you need to make sure that you are having the most up to date version of the DJI GO App (I did check manually by going to Google Play Store, search: DJI GO App - Update was available. I believe, I have version 3.1.8 now).  After that I just logged out and logged back in. Thank you very much xr280xr.

Side note: App did crash couple of times during my flight. Exactly what I was reading when I was googling this problem.
2017-7-20
Use props
fansbd169b83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66585 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-18 00:50
Have you tried to re-install the APP, then log into it , see if it works?

I had  similar issue and did exactly what you suggested and it now works great. Re-install or update the DJI Go app. Thanks, very happy with the product
2017-8-9
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

use litchi and yourproblems are gone.i only use the go app to calibrate imu.when flying i always use litchi app who is worth every penny.and i am still on 1.7.9 firmware and i get about 900-1000 meters with it and about 1300 meters with windsurfer parabole.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansbd169b83 Posted at 2017-8-9 22:42
I had  similar issue and did exactly what you suggested and it now works great. Re-install or update the DJI Go app. Thanks, very happy with the product

Glad to hear that, hope you can enjoy the drone, safe flying.
2017-8-11
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-8-10 01:00
use litchi and yourproblems are gone.i only use the go app to calibrate imu.when flying i always use litchi app who is worth every penny.and i am still on 1.7.9 firmware and i get about 900-1000 meters with it  and about 1300 meters with windsurfer parabole.

It is your FW 1.7.9 not Litchi that save you. There is the same limit both in Litchi and Go apps. Both apps are supposed to work after you log in to your DJI after uppdate of FW.
2017-8-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

firmware 1.7.9 and newer has range issue with litchi i get 1300 meters with windsurfer parabolic
2017-8-12
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-8-12 06:22
firmware 1.7.9 and newer has range issue with litchi i get 1300 meters with windsurfer parabolic

I think 1.5.70 is the best we can get now. I have one P3S on that FW  and other on 1.9.20 with Argtek mode and both go about same distance 1600m - 1700m .
2017-8-12
Use props
Charbray
New

Australia

I had this same issue. I purchased my drone for a remote trip (no phone/internet reception, no "no fly" zones, no interference, nothing but desert). Couldn't get the drone to fly past 30m from me, height or distance - it would lose RC signal and RTH. Did that since new, and I had updated the firmware straight out of the box.
For me, reinstalling the DJI Go app AND relinking the RC with the drone seemed to fix the issue. I guess I was lucky.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI GO PM Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Sorry for the trouble. If you update the firmware, please update the APP to over 3.1.12 if you use iphone, and 3.1.6 if you use android.
2017-8-16
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

Here's a minor twist to all these very similar stories.  I just upgraded the app (IOS) to 3.1.15 and did the log in for the first time.  I took off with no issues and was about a 1km away when I saw the 30/50 message for the first time!  The message persisted on my screen for a few moments and then disappeared.  I had to effect on limited my distance or altitude.  Weird!
2017-8-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DronerX Posted at 2017-8-23 16:06
Here's a minor twist to all these very similar stories.  I just upgraded the app (IOS) to 3.1.15 and did the log in for the first time.  I took off with no issues and was about a 1km away when I saw the 30/50 message for the first time!  The message persisted on my screen for a few moments and then disappeared.  I had to effect on limited my distance or altitude.  Weird!

Same here, I get the warning every start up but goes away...
2017-9-3
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Chris Edwards Posted at 2017-7-20 09:39
on the update release notes it states updated fly zone safety that you will be required to sign in first or the limit is 50M/30M distance

it sucks

I get a warning message on the app's camera screen because I live a short distance from a private air field that was FAA declared in 1962. It's always been a farm, there's no tower, hangar, fuel, lights or even a windsock. But they do grow nice big tomatoes. Where the 1800x250 foot turf runway had once been now sports row after row of veggies..... and on my property I can't fly my drone higher than the trees in my back yard.
2017-9-3
Use props
fansba54784f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21217 ft
Turkey

V1.11.20 release Notes states that unless you logged in to DJI, you are limited to 30m/50m: What’s New? 1. Updated No Fly Zone Management. 2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. 3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure. Notes: 1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected. 2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference. 3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_anbSuHA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34839 ft
Panama

That happens for two reasons 1. You may have a problem with the control antenna 2. You are not registered with your email account. I recommend you register. or I recommend that you enter the dji.com online support page and make the query.
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_anbSuHA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34839 ft
Panama

That happens for two reasons 1. You may have a problem with the control antenna 2. You are not registered with your email account. I recommend you register. or I recommend that you enter the dji.com online support page and make the query.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansfba34a03
New

United States

I have a standard phantom. I cannot fly past 30 meters. It also,says i have IMU error. Ive calibrated. Ive reset. Ive reinstalled the app. Finally, it says im in beginner mode. im not. Im gona smash this POS. Help please.
Thanks
Joe
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules