Descending while rotating
1109 8 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djmell
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 2 vision plus v3 has a jerky rotation  while descending, sometimes it would not rotate while descending, but other movement, the rotation works fine. It all started happening  when I update to 3.12. Can you guys help me fix this please ? Thanks ! I'm New.

2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

All right noobie...i don't always ask the right question first but i'll get there eventually or one of my more astute Forum colleagues will!

Did you update and calibrate your RC from the Phantom Vision app after you upgraded the Phantom to 3.12 and then after in the RC app?

Please clarify:
Phantom 2 vision plus v3 has a jerky rotation  while descending - Can you provide video
sometimes it would not rotate while descending - You realize that Yaw/Turn Left and Right are on the same stick as the down stick!
So if RC is not calibrated or slightly out of whack then a turn might work nice, going down might work nice but turning and going down might be confused a bit...Calibrate the RC....
How does it hover? Did you check all your IMU and all that other good stuff after you updated?

We Need Info.PNG
2015-3-21
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

I could be way off here, but are you maybe (close to) entering the dreaded 'VRS'? I can't find it now, but read somewhere that rotating (yawing) while descending is not a good idea as it (supposedly) makes entering VRS more likely. This is (again, reportedly) much more likely if you're using prop guards.

It's never happened to me - I don't rotate when descending - but apparently the best option is to try and fly out of it - a 'nudge' for a few seconds in any direction should clear it.

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-21
Use props
djmell
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-22 02:32
All right noobie...i don't always ask the right question first but i'll get there eventually or one  ...

Thanks for the quick reply. I calibrate the RC in the RC and the P2P app .Whenever I bring the left stick down for descend , and try to rotate left and right with the left stick ,it would jerk like something is holding it but other than that the rotation work fine.
Thanks
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-22 03:02
Hi,

I could be way off here, but are you maybe (close to) entering the dreaded 'VRS'? I can't find  ...

Ian,
Yes, to know if they had prop guards on would be helpful to..I do not think VRS is typical per se without them but who knows...We have no pictures!
2015-3-21
Use props
djmell
lvl.1

United States

Thank for replying. It's a little windy outside, I'm afraid to fly it. I'll try to get some videos as soon as I can. When I descend slowly, it rotates fine but if I brin the stick all the way down , it wants to jerk and sometimes it wouldn't turn.
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

djmell@bellsout Posted at 2015-3-22 03:39
Thank for replying. It's a little windy outside, I'm afraid to fly it. I'll try to get some videos a ...

To prevent it from turning on the way down, lock the stick in the down position, you can feel it when in there...
2015-3-21
Use props
djmell
lvl.1

United States

How can I go back to the old firmware 3.08 from 3.12 ? thanks
2015-3-21
Use props
djmell
lvl.1

United States

Imma reload the firmware again. Thanks