Map Caching
1015 9 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to be having more and more issues with info/ video drop out on my iPhone 6. The only way, as suggested on here, is to put my phone into Airplane mode but that means I can't update maps etc.So my question is, how much map info gets cached when I launch the DJI Go4 app? Assuming that the max range of the MP is 4 miles, does the app cache suffient data to cover that area??

Sorry for the never ending stream of questions.

2017-7-17
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

Are you looking for satellite-photo maps, or just streets & park boundaries and that sort of thing?

If it's the latter, I assume that installing an offline map would take care of the problem?
2017-7-17
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-17 14:46
Are you looking for satellite-photo maps, or just streets & park boundaries and that sort of thing?

If it's the latter, I assume that installing an offline map would take care of the problem?

Hi. No i'm not expecting satellite detail, just plain maps are fine.
My issue is that with an iPhone, there is no option to download maps. That only seems to be available with Android phones.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can cache the map previously. Here's the route: launch DJI GO 4 app----Enter Device---upper right "…" icon----General Settings----Cache Map in the Background.
2017-7-18
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 02:01
You can cache the map previously. Here's the route: launch DJI GO 4 app----Enter Device---upper right "…" icon----General Settings----Cache Map in the Background.

Thanks but will that cache enough to cover the Mavic's max range?
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

tiredtim Posted at 2017-7-18 08:16
Thanks but will that cache enough to cover the Mavic's max range?

You can cache the map where you will go by sliding the map, when the location name showed, caches finished. Literally, there is no distance limitation when caching it.
2017-7-18
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 22:47
You can cache the map where you will go by sliding the map, when the location name showed, caches finished. Literally, there is no distance limitation when caching it.

Thanks but I'm being really thick here! Do you mean that if I view all of the area i intend to fly over by moving the map around on the DJI Go4 app whilst connected to the internet, this will cache all those areas viewed? When you say "When the location name is shown, the caching is finished", what location name? Where is this name displayed?
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

I would love to quote a pic here and I thought that would be more clear: webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
For example, this is a map that I had cached. "Location name" like Bingkor, Keningau showed on the map, then the map cache is finished. You can load the name out even without network for the next time. Hope this can help you out.

2017-7-20
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 04:26
I would love to quote a pic here and I thought that would be more clear:[view_image]
For example, this is a map that I had cached. "Location name" like Bingkor, Keningau showed on the map, then the map cache is finished. You can load the name out even without network for the next time. Hope this can help you out.

Thanks for the info
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

You are welcome, it's always a pleasure to help. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules