798 2 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,
My inspire has been picked up by the courier and scheduled for delivery next week.  I bought it after watching the various DJI promotion videos and reading the various manuals after uploading the pilot app.  I would consider myself as an advanced newbie to RC aircraft, I have a couple of helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.  However having read all the posts on fly offs and uncontrolled crashes due to software glitches I'm very apprehensive about flying her now as the bird was a considerable outlay for me.  My questions, if it comes with version 16 of the software do I fly it with this older version or update to 17? Would it be good advice to fly her only on the simulator until a updated firmware is available?  And lastly where can I download a good preflight checklist, I did look through the stickies.

PS I live in Aberdeenshire in Scotland UK.  Appreciate your advice.

Best Regards,

Les
2015-3-21
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Les.  My Inspire came last week and I upgraded to 17.  I too was a little apprehensive on reading some of the stories.  Dont be put off.  I have had very few issues with mine.  The only real issue I had, was a difficulty entering travel mode after flight.  This was my own fault, as I tried to transform on a rough surface.  (Now I just use the Inspire case).  It is a confidence thing, so I suggest on your first flight, you get it into ATTI mode as soon as you feel comfortable.  It flies like a dream and you will find your confidence climbing in no time.
Mark Candlin produced a great checklist.  I am sure he wouldn't mind you using it  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
In short Les.  Dont be afraid to fly it, It is a wonderful Aircraft.
Good Luck.

Cheers.

Jason

(PS.  I am in Gloucestershire UK)
2015-3-21
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-3-22 03:52
Hi Les.  My Inspire came last week and I upgraded to 17.  I too was a little apprehensive on reading ...

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback, I have already identified several flying sites.  I will be ultra cautious to begin with.  I believe there will be a firmware update soon, can't wait to get her.  PS I ordered an uprated battery at the same time as the bird, it arrived last week,

Les
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules