Report DJI Spark stolen
1525 5 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neto Chez
New
Flight distance : 112 ft
United States

I don't know who I need to report this to. But recently my DJI Spark was stolen from me and not in my possession. I want to report this so if the person who took it does illegal activities. I don't want to be at fault. Please help me.  I have the serial number and proof of purchase.
2017-7-17
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Report this to DJI and the local authorities - mainly the Police. Seen as this was stolen I would be surprised if DJI do not have a service that can effectively brick the Spark to render it useless. The main thing is to get it reported with all the information you can provide.
2017-7-17
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-17 21:59
Report this to DJI and the local authorities - mainly the Police. Seen as this was stolen I would be surprised if DJI do not have a service that can effectively brick the Spark to render it useless. The main thing is to get it reported with all the information you can provide.

CoreyB10 is 100% correct. Report it ASAP. Look at it as if a crime were commited with a weapon you own and didn't report it stolen the authorities are coming to you. Generally without a police report as proof an item is considered lost.
2017-7-18
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss!
2017-7-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-18 07:35
CoreyB10 is 100% correct. Report it ASAP. Look at it as if a crime were commited with a weapon you own and didn't report it stolen the authorities are coming to you. Generally without a police report as proof an item is considered lost.

Exactly! If whoever took it did something stupid like fly at an airport like the goober in Tel Aviv did and the authorities got hold of it, they could come after you.
2017-7-18
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

would the find my drone function work in this case if the thief turns it on?
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules