Camera pitch does not seem to use full range - normal?
941 6 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just getting to grips with my new spark.

A none issue I hope - using my Spark with the controller and the camera pitch control seems to work fine. However with the camera up as far as it will go on screen the indicator is still not at the top of the range - there are still 3 divisions of 'up' left.

Is this normal? I can only assume it is to level some range left to take into account when the spark is moving forward fast but not sure why it would show it on the screen like that.

Overall quite pleased with the little thing. I've used a phantom before and limitations are easy to see in comparison but the size means I'll have it when I want to which was my main reason to purchase. I think the lack of the third axis to the gimbal is maybe more of a issue than I realised, especially on windy days when the little thing is working hard to stay put.
2017-7-18
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Yes this is normal. The cam can not pan above level. In other words it can't look "up".
2017-7-18
Use props
fans62d6c303
lvl.1
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-18 06:00
Yes this is normal. The cam can not pan above level. In other words it can't look "up".

This is annoying when trying to record a sunset. I can fly above the trees and buildings that block my view, but the horizon line is always right in the middle. So half the picture is of the dark ground. I did notice when you take a horizontal panorama the camera actually does tilt up higher to get some of the pieces. So it is physically possible for the gimbal to tilt up higher.
2017-7-18
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

the reason for this possibility to pitch up a couple extra degrees is for when the drone moves forward it also tilts forward and the extra pitch keeps the camera pointed forward instead of down.
2017-7-18
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

fans62d6c303 Posted at 2017-7-18 08:55
This is annoying when trying to record a sunset. I can fly above the trees and buildings that block my view, but the horizon line is always right in the middle. So half the picture is of the dark ground. I did notice when you take a horizontal panorama the camera actually does tilt up higher to get some of the pieces. So it is physically possible for the gimbal to tilt up higher.

I agree I was trying to snap a pic of a full moon and could seem to get my bird "high enough" meanwhile if I could have panned up...I woulda had it.

Just a quirk of the Spark.
2017-7-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic has an option in the settings to allow the camera to go up 30 degrees above level. I wonder if there's a hardware limitation of the gimbal in the Spark or they could add that in a future FW update.
2017-7-18
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

i think you can claibrate the gimbal manually (pitch & roll) under settings
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules