Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active Track problem
3873 8 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62d6c303
lvl.1
United States

Lately when I go into Active Track, the camera does track my movements. The gimbal tilts up and down and the Spark rotates to keep me in view. However, when I move away from the Spark it does not follow me. When I move towards it, it does not move backward. What could be causing this?

2017-7-18
Use props
Redsox21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United States

What you are describing is the first mode of active track.  That is all it will do....

To enable to mode that follows you while using active track, you need to go into Trace Mode.  On the HUD, it's in the same spot where the intelligent flight mode button is.  When you enter Active Track, you'll see a little icon with a stick figure in the middle, that is the normal mode, if you click it again, you'll enter Trace Mode and the icon will change.  The Spark will then follow you.

More information could prolly be found in the manual, but I hope this helps you.
2017-7-18
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Redsox21 Posted at 2017-7-18 09:35
What you are describing is the first mode of active track.  That is all it will do....

To enable to mode that follows you while using active track, you need to go into Trace Mode.  On the HUD, it's in the same spot where the intelligent flight mode button is.  When you enter Active Track, you'll see a little icon with a stick figure in the middle, that is the normal mode, if you click it again, you'll enter Trace Mode and the icon will change.  The Spark will then follow you.

Hmmm.....I never noticed that.  Mine must be defaulted to Trace.  Whenever I put it in Active Track it always follows me.  I'll have to pay more attention next time I try it.  Thanks for the info.  I can see the normal could come in handy when around obstacles.
2017-7-18
Use props
fans62d6c303
lvl.1
United States

Redsox21 Posted at 2017-7-18 09:35

Thanks for the info. The manual is not very clear about this. When it says "tap to confirm your selection" it is actually going into trace mode? I did try clicking on the icon where the flight modes was. The only option I got was to exit Active Track? I did get my Spark to follow me, but was unable to choose Profile mode?
2017-7-18
Use props
Redsox21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United States

fans62d6c303 Posted at 2017-7-18 12:52
Thanks for the info. The manual is not very clear about this. When it says "tap to confirm your selection" it is actually going into trace mode? I did try clicking on the icon where the flight modes was. The only option I got was to exit Active Track? I did get my Spark to follow me, but was unable to choose Profile mode?

Yea, I agree it is confusing.  The dialog box that comes up when you tap the mode select box doesn't make sense, I've just found that if I press "Pause" when it asks, it goes into Trace Mode.
2017-7-19
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

The first time I tried this in the woods walking, it didn't seem to record for me, but I think I was already recording, then tried to trace myself, then I may have interrupted my original recording.  Anyway, I tried it a few more times.  I'm not 100% clear on how to  get the Spark to follow you in profile mode.  I have messed around with the little half moon icon on the bottom of the screen, once you trace yourself or what you are following and then it seemed to want to circle me.  I wasn't sure how to just get it to follow beside you constantly?  The manual doesn't really say how to do this, only that it will do it.  (I honesty am not sure what the, "roll stick" on page 19 of the manual is, is that the remote stick, the phone virtual stick, or the moon icon thingy that I was referring to?)

2017-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to click the green go button after you have selected the subject, you also need to have backward flying enabled in you app.

Trace mod is very different it where you can track someone by flying around them in a circle, for this you can control circle by using roll on RC.
2017-7-19
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-19 09:17
You need to click the green go button after you have selected the subject, you also need to have backward flying enabled in you app.

Trace mod is very different it where you can track someone by flying around them in a circle, for this you can control circle by using roll on RC.

I had better luck last time with active track. This is the video I made. However when I was tracking Linda playing tennis the Spark did not move, but did track her well. With me, the Spark tracked me and also moved forwards and backwards. I thought I was clicking on the GO button both times, perhaps it did not register the first time?
2017-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-20 14:11
I had better luck last time with active track. This is the video I made. However when I was tracking Linda playing tennis the Spark did not move, but did track her well. With me, the Spark tracked me and also moved forwards and backwards. I thought I was clicking on the GO button both times, perhaps it did not register the first time?
Active Track Tennis-Quickshot modes

Good job FlyingDave, you seem to be getting the hang of , looks like your enjoying your spark. Good luck to both of you..
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules