Remote Control Password
47464 27 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I've had the Spark for close to a week and entered the RC password on the first day. It hadn't asked for the password again until today. Who knows why? So I looked on the back of my RC and the password is not ledgible (I don't know what happened to make it inledgible??) But my question is this - is there another place where the remote password might be located?
IMG_0914 (Large).jpg
2017-7-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's always 12341234 for all remotes.
2017-7-18
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I didn't know that and nether did the DJI rep in a chat. I left the chat and came to this forum for the answer. TY Oracle!
2017-7-18
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

shame on you DJI chat rep!
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The password of the RC is always 12341234 and can not be changed.  Just to verify, had the controller connected to another mobile device before it asked for the password again?About the chat support, could you please provide your Email address so I can look into it?

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-18 12:13
shame on you DJI chat rep!

Could you please tell me more details so I can help you?
2017-7-19
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 20:34
The password of the RC is always 12341234 and can not be changed.  Just to verify, had the controller connected to another mobile device before it asked for the password again?About the chat support, could you please provide your Email address so I can look into it?

Hi DJI Thor,

another thread says that this can be changed.. Can confirm?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid873235
2017-7-19
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 22:13
Could you please tell me more details so I can help you?

yeah sure...scroll up. The OP chatted with a DJI rep and said that the DJI rep did not know the RC wifi password...thats sad.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-19 22:18
Hi DJI Thor,

another thread says that this can be changed.. Can confirm?

Actually, Spark RC's WiFi password can not be changed with the latest firmware at the moment. If one changes it in previous RC's firmware by accident, he can reset the RC by pressing and holding on the power button of the RC for 9 seconds. Thank you for your attention.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-20 03:42
yeah sure...scroll up. The OP chatted with a DJI rep and said that the DJI rep did not know the RC wifi password...thats sad.

Really sorry for that case. I will inform your concern to the appropriate department and try to improve our customer service to make users experience with our customer service better.
2017-7-20
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 05:12
Really sorry for that case. I will inform your concern to the appropriate department and try to improve our customer service to make users experience with our customer service better.

Right-O Thor. Go down to customer service and hit em with that hammer!

2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_ZeMIlCd
lvl.1
United States

I got a Spark for xmas and have been able to reset the RC (controller) wifi password.  Personally I think this is a must.  I haven't done any testing, but I suspect if someone else is close by and they happen to know about the spark controller and dji go app they could possibly take over your drone.  Again I haven't done any testing, so maybe that's just theoretical. BTW I'm using an iPhone 6s with the controller.

Anyway, the way I was able to finally change the controller wifi password was to do the following:
1. power up the spark
2. power up the controller
3. bring up dji go and get into the device by clicking start flight.

Essentially just like you're going to fly.

4. touch the wifi signal icon on the upper right of your phone.
5. You should be now in the wifi settings page
6. at the bottom of the page you should see the RC wifi SSID and password
7. touch the "Wi-Fi Password" field
8. You should now see a pop-up "Change Wi-Fi Password" dialog.
9. touch "OK"
10. Change the SSID and/or password (I recommend just changing the password).
11.  touch "apply"  (very important)
12.  You should see another pop-up "Restart the remote controller to apply these changes" ... touch "OK"
13. You'll lose contact with the controller so DJI GO will show disconnected.
14. On your phone's wifi setup drop the controller SSID and reconnect.  You'll have to enter the new password you just applied.

Voila ... RC password changed.
2018-1-2
Use props
royal8u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
United States

I have the same problem
did we miss an update
2018-7-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Edited:Apology, I missed the age of this topic.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

royal8u Posted at 2018-7-21 11:52
I have the same problem
did we miss an update

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, are you having a hard time accessing the Wi-Fi of your RC? did you try to input the default password which is 12341234?
2018-7-22
Use props
royal8u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 14:29
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, are you having a hard time accessing the Wi-Fi of your RC? did you try to input the default password which is 12341234?

yes I have not changed the password either
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

royal8u Posted at 2018-7-27 15:33
yes I have not changed the password either

Would you mind uploading a short video of this issue for further analysis? you can use google drive or drop-box then provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
Vlcko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4800 ft
United States

Hi there,
I managed to change the WiFi password from 12341234 to other password. This is actually suggested by theDJI go, when it suggest your network password is weak.

Problem started when , I forgot the new password and could not connect my Spark (Iphones and OS devices hide now the wifi passwords and they cannot be accessed even through the keychain - very unfortunate). I could not find any solution on the internet how to reset the RC wifi to factory setting. For Spark wifi (not the RC wifi) the easy remedy is to touch battery button for 9 seconds until you hear 3 beeps, which resets this wifi. I was hoping this would be same for the RC....Thus, I tried i. Voila- it indeed reset the RC wifi and I could log in to the network using the 12341234 password again. Can somebody confirm this procedure for RC wifi reset?  Thanks in advance.
2018-8-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Spark reset is via 9 secs press power button
And RC reset is the same, yes
2018-8-6
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Mine was 12341234   Unless u change it
2018-8-6
Use props
fansfa98bcbf
New

United States

When your in dji go app go to WiFi settings it will show password and you can change it there also
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansfa98bcbf Posted at 11-24 21:21
When your in dji go app go to WiFi settings it will show password and you can change it there also

Thanks for your input and additional help! Please let us know if you need our assistance.
2018-11-25
Use props
Bulle90
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I'm having trouble to connect RC to my spark, it keeps saying "incorrect password', I have tried so far :
- the default password : 12341234  => not working
- Try to reset password : holding on the power button of the RC for 9 seconds, after 2 bips, restart RC and tried again default password 12341234 => not working

I'm running out of solutions... Any help would be appreciated !
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_I5mag05Ful1X
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 05:03
Actually, Spark RC's WiFi password can not be changed with the latest firmware at the moment. If one changes it in previous RC's firmware by accident, he can reset the RC by pressing and holding on the power button of the RC for 9 seconds. Thank you for your attention.

Thank you I brought mine second hand they must of changed the password but that saved me thanks
2020-12-8
Use props
jamesmith29js
New

India

Online password security

To get online security from different types of virus, please check out the following links to enhance your knowledge.
McAfee account login
2020-12-13
Use props
jamesmith29js
New

India

If you are looking for some best software to protect from online attackes you can check out many top brands like Norton, McAfee, AVG etc and if you like to manage your business online I think you should check out Office 365 and it's other products. To get online security from different types of virus, please check out the following links to enhance your knowledge.
uninstall McAfee |
my Norton account  |
Norton Secure VPN |
uninstall Norton |
Microsoft gift card |
install Microsoft Office |
McAfee account login |
remove McAfee Safe Connect |
MS Office password protection |
McAfee Livesafe
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_DJaQqYPFzzzg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17503 ft
Netherlands

Hallo,

Ik kan mijn nieuwe smart controller niet verbinden met wifi, hij geeft aan fout ww en hoe kan ik een foto uploden naar dit forum.
Het is een smart controller mini 3 pro
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_DJaQqYPFzzzg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17503 ft
Netherlands

en heb ik nog een vraag, hoe verander ik mijn dji user wachtwoord.
2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules