Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH in sportmode not returning to home but landing at current spot ?
2479 10 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erwin Beckers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26342 ft
Netherlands

Question, should RTH work in sport mode ? since for me it does not ?It seems to just land on the spot it currently is instead of returning home and landing.Just had time enough to cancel it otherwise my spark would have made its first water landing :-)

2017-7-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

It should work the same in either mode. Make sure it is far from home position when you do the rth. Also put a minimum of 60 meters for RTH.
2017-7-18
Use props
Erwin Beckers
lvl.2
Netherlands

Are you sure about this? Normally the RTH works perfectly, also when the spark is closer then 60m from home position. I had it RTH from 10m or so without any problems.
But in sport mode it simply refuses and just does a landing instead of returning
2017-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Erwin Beckers Posted at 2017-7-18 19:53
Are you sure about this? Normally the RTH works perfectly, also when the spark is closer then 60m from home position. I had it RTH from 10m or so without any problems.
But in sport mode it simply refuses and just does a landing instead of returning

It should RTH but speed will change to 10 m/s. Have you checked your settings , it could also be a case that AC doesn't think it has enough battery left to come home so lands.

You could all ways check this out by preforming RTH at 80 m normal mode and then try sport at 80m ensuring both times you have same amount of battery.
2017-7-19
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

Are you using ONLY sport mode is the first question? Now whether you are or aren't doesn't matter if you enabled "RTH at current altitude". That is one I stay far away from because if you hit RTH and are further away than 20m (over 65' 1/2 ft) it will land immediately! And I'm sure that flying in sport mode you get far rather quickly. Or you are simply hitting the land icon instead of RTH. I'm not claiming to know your exact problem but trying to shed some insight into what might be wrong.
2017-7-19
Use props
Erwin Beckers
lvl.2
Netherlands

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-19 21:22
Are you using ONLY sport mode is the first question? Now whether you are or aren't doesn't matter if you enabled "RTH at current altitude". That is one I stay far away from because if you hit RTH and are further away than 20m (over 65' 1/2 ft) it will land immediately! And I'm sure that flying in sport mode you get far rather quickly. Or you are simply hitting the land icon instead of RTH. I'm not claiming to know your exact problem but trying to shed some insight into what might be wrong.

No i'm not using sport mode very often (almost never). But on this flight i wanted to have a play with just for fun. So i took off in normal mode and when the spark was at 20m height and 50m distance i switched it in sport mode and had some fun flying it around.
After a few minutes (the spark was around 200m distance) i wanted to stop and hit the RTH button.
I always use this button and it always works perfectly. But this time (while still in sport mode) it decided to land at the place it was (above water).
Luckily i could cancel the RTH procedure, then turned sport mode OFF and hit the RTH again. Flying in normal mode again , the RTH did what it should do and the spark returned home
2017-7-22
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Lebanon

Add to the current location St of problems

Joesec test videos showed that RTH can screw up if there is magnetic interference
2017-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Erwin Beckers Posted at 2017-7-22 23:09
No i'm not using sport mode very often (almost never). But on this flight i wanted to have a play with just for fun. So i took off in normal mode and when the spark was at 20m height and 50m distance i switched it in sport mode and had some fun flying it around.
After a few minutes (the spark was around 200m distance) i wanted to stop and hit the RTH button.
I always use this button and it always works perfectly. But this time (while still in sport mode) it decided to land at the place it was (above water).

Why? Would you want to return with sport mode on, your aircraft outside 100 metres will only RTH at 10 m/s whether you have it in sport or normal. Your AC can't return at sport mode speed.
2017-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HamdiR Posted at 2017-7-23 02:36
Add to the current location St of problems

Joesec test videos showed that RTH can screw up if there is magnetic interference

Of course with all dji drones if you have compass interference your aircraft will not fly correctly.
2017-7-23
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I actually used RTH this morning in Sport mode and it worked fine (in NL).
2017-7-23
Use props
Erwin Beckers
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-23 03:32
Why? Would you want to return with sport mode on, your aircraft outside 100 metres will only RTH at 10 m/s whether you have it in sport or normal. Your AC can't return at sport mode speed.

no particular reason, just forgot to switch sport mode off before hitting the RTH button
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules