Super Impressed w/Spark!
1448 22 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrthorn
lvl.1
United States

I've only had the Spark for a couple weeks now and only have been able to fly it a few times. But every time I get it in the air I am loving what it's capable of! It handles wind like a pro and the 1080 image looks great. Here are some sample shots from my first flights:

I just got the controller in the mail today. I'm looking forward to what capabilities that will unlock.

Cheers!

Chris
2017-7-18
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Love mine! Not a single problem and I am pushing this puppy FAR!
2017-7-18
Use props
chrthorn
lvl.1
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-7-18 13:40
Love mine! Not a single problem and I am pushing this puppy FAR!

That's great to hear! Do you have the remote? If so, I'd love to hear what it brings to the table. I've noticed that shooting with just my phone I am not able to be very precise with the overall movement of the shot. I can still get some stuff I like, but it's not what I'm used to with my Mavic.

I am charging the controller now, so hopefully I can test it out tomorrow.
2017-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job enjoy.
2017-7-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Where are the pictures???
2017-7-18
Use props
fImWYxRi7c9H
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-18 16:58
Where are the pictures???

Just video shots in the YouTube link so far!
2017-7-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fImWYxRi7c9H Posted at 2017-7-18 17:55
Just video shots in the YouTube link so far!

Nothing was showing up (videos or pictures) and that is why I asked.

Anyhow, now is showing up good job controlling it!
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is good to hear among all the "My Spark killed my dog" posts. There are some of us who are actually enjoying trouble free operation. Getting some good shots myself since I have had her - 2 weeks now and for what it is - super impressed. Now got my 3rd battery, stick guard, gimbal over with iPad holder due today. Have been using my old Android Sony Experia so far but the screen is just too small.
2017-7-18
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

chrthorn Posted at 2017-7-18 13:49
That's great to hear! Do you have the remote? If so, I'd love to hear what it brings to the table. I've noticed that shooting with just my phone I am not able to be very precise with the overall movement of the shot. I can still get some stuff I like, but it's not what I'm used to with my Mavic.

I have the remote since last Friday and makes a HUGE difference! Not many instances I would fly without it now. Control is so much more precise and can obviously go much further and not worry about it in the least. Zero problems...
2017-7-18
Use props
fImWYxRi7c9H
lvl.1
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-7-18 20:57
I have the remote since last Friday and makes a HUGE difference! Not many instances I would fly without it now. Control is so much more precise and can obviously go much further and not worry about it in the least. Zero problems...

That's great to hear! That has been the only thing that has bugged me so far. I would try to fly in a straight line and it would always drift too much. And on the phone I couldn't really correct the path smoothly without ruining that portion of the shot.

Can't wait to test this out today!
2017-7-19
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Good job. Thank you for sharing your video.
2017-7-21
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I agree, there are some bugs, but I am confident they will be worked out and it is not really impacting my enjoyment of the Spark.  It is great fun and a really useful tool.  You will love the RC, it unlocks so much more capability of the Spark--but I am also happy that DJI made such a useable platform out of the mobile-app-only experience.
2017-7-21
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.2
United States

chrthorn Posted at 2017-7-18 13:49

The remote works great (esp with the OTG cable connected). Precise movement and FAR. Plus if the app crashes (which mine does occasionally) can still fly it until I pop the app back up. I don't fly without the remote at all...

2017-7-21
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

nice vid : )
2017-7-21
Use props
Dracowing14
lvl.1

Canada

just got mine yesterday still setting it up. but it looks awesome to bad the stores are only carrying the white version here, i would have loved the red one.
2017-7-22
Use props
Chris Thornberr
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for checking it out!
2017-7-24
Use props
Chris Thornberr
lvl.1
United States

Dracowing14 Posted at 2017-7-22 05:42
just got mine yesterday still setting it up. but it looks awesome to bad the stores are only carrying the white version here, i would have loved the red one.

I was considering the lime green one myself, but went with the boring white one in the end. If it's any consolation they are all the same once they are in the air, haha.
2017-7-24
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

speaking of wind!
2017-7-30
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft