563 6 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I got my Spark today and I am using it with OTG cables.  I am having trust issues with this thing for now, when using OTG cables should I have my wifi off and put it on airplane mode? What happens if the wifi is on?  Hopefully this will help me with my trust issues.  By the way I am on iOS system.  

Thank you,

2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn your wifi on your device off. Connect the cables and away you go. It flies fine and so far lots of us have had no issues at all. Flown mine with OTG on both Android and iPad Mini 4 with no issues.
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Forgot to ask is it the stand alone Spark or the Fly-more combo..?? If its the stand alone you will obviously still have the distance and height restrictions in place.
2017-7-18
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-18 21:47
Forgot to ask is it the stand alone Spark or the Fly-more combo..?? If its the stand alone you will obviously still have the distance and height restrictions in place.

What do you mean exactly Corey?

The way i read your comment, I feel you are talking about flying with vs without a Remote control, and without a remote control you cannot fliy using an OTG cable.

Or are you saying that the fly more combo has the distance and height restrictions turned off by default, and the regular spark has them on by default?
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry for the crossed wires. Refer to my initial reply Jared. Without the controller the range is much less due to the mobile device range etc.
2017-7-18
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-7-18 21:47

I have the fly more combo.   Thanks for confirming that.  
2017-7-19
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I leave my Ipad Mini 4 just as it is.  Wifi is on. I just plug the cable in, fire up the Spark, then the remote then the Ipad.  While I've not gone further than maybe 50 meters away, everything is fine....  
And thats exactly the order I have to fire it up in or the Remote doesn't talk to the Spark...
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules