Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic battery charging problem
3234 27 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae6de894
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539 ft
United States

After a firmware upgrade I started to get this on my battery.  It will not charge to 100%.   I have since upgraded again thinking that might straiten things out.  Nope...   Also, when taking the battery off of the charger, I have to shut it off....   ANy way to fix?  I'm thinking it is a firmware issue...   

See video...

2017-7-19
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I don't know if it's possible to downgrade and re-upgrade the battery firmware, but I'd give it a try.

This from DJI-Ken from another thread: "delete/ reinstall the app and then it will download the firmware again and push it to the aircraft."

Yes, that was referring to a botched battery firmware update.
2017-7-19
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-19 05:56
I don't know if it's possible to downgrade and re-upgrade the battery firmware, but I'd give it a try.

This from DJI-Ken from another thread: "delete/ reinstall the app and then it will download the firmware again and push it to the aircraft."

Well,  I just did rolled back my Nvidia Sheild and installed GO4 fresh.   You are saying now update firmware via GO4?   I should state also that prior to this I was using the GO app.  and this is when the battery problem started.  However, I do updates via PC and Assistant...   If DJI-Ken is listening,  would appreciate some direction...

Thanks...
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide a screenshot of the battery info on the app and a photo with the status light when pressing the power button?
Besides, please export the flight data of the drone and upload it to Dropbox, I'll help to transfer it to our engineer for analysis, here's the tutorial for reference:
2017-7-20
Use props
mart0713
New
Flight distance : 226024 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue with all 3 of my battery's they will only charge to 85% . i posted about it today
2017-7-20
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 05:52
Could you please provide a screenshot of the battery info on the app and a photo with the status light when pressing the power button?
Besides, please export the flight data of the drone and upload it to Dropbox, I'll help to transfer it to our engineer for analysis, here's the tutorial for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&index=3&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r&t=45s

Yes.  Thank you.  Nice to get an official reply...  I will collect this data tonight and post...  
2017-7-20
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 05:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&index=3&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r&t=45s

Here is a link to a OneDrive folder where you can get the logs and a image if the battery screen...

FILES

And requested video of battery button push.

Thank you.  Looking forward to a response...
2017-7-20
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

mart0713 Posted at 2017-7-20 05:59
I'm having the same issue with all 3 of my battery's they will only charge to 85% . i posted about it today

That's scary because I am expecting a new battery to arrive Monday.  Hope it doesn't do the same...
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-7-20 15:30
Here is a link to a OneDrive folder where you can get the logs and a image if the battery screen...

FILES

Really thank you for your assistance. But I could not load the files, I would really appreciate if you can transfer it to Dropbox. Thanks again.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans428cbf10
New
Spain

I had the same with my all 3 batteries. Same indication was when they were charged. When I drained power to 0-3%, only first let blinking 16 times following by 7 sec pause.
No chance to charge.
2017-7-21
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 18:49
Really thank you for your assistance. But I could not load the files, I would really appreciate if you can transfer it to Dropbox. Thanks again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo31c9hghvx6jt0/DSC05037.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qj9ef390uud9zv/FLY136.DAT?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ntgedx3jwudbt2/FLY137.DAT?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwzna9h5eynj2uy/FLY138.DAT?dl=0
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-7-21 03:28
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo31c9hghvx6jt0/DSC05037.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qj9ef390uud9zv/FLY136.DAT?dl=0

Thank you for the feedback, I'd submit the info to our engineer, will get back to you once I heard from them. Appreciate your patience.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans428cbf10 Posted at 2017-7-21 02:32
I had the same with my all 3 batteries. Same indication was when they were charged. When I drained power to 0-3%, only first let blinking 16 times following by 7 sec pause.
No chance to charge.

Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Just to verify, all 3 batteries of yours had the same performance like the video? Could you also provide a video when you charge your batteries if it is possible?  
2017-7-21
Use props
fans428cbf10
New
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-21 04:25
Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Just to verify, all 3 batteries of yours had the same performance like the video? Could you also provide a video when you charge your batteries if it is possible?

Thank you very much for your reply.
It's sorted now. The problem was - the charger. I bought a new one today, everything works well.
Happy I found a local shop on island with DJI products, so I am with Mavic on holiday. )
2017-7-21
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

fans428cbf10 Posted at 2017-7-21 13:02
Thank you very much for your reply.
It's sorted now. The problem was - the charger. I bought a new one today, everything works well.
Happy I found a local shop on island with DJI products, so I am with Mavic on holiday. )

Hmmm...  Now worried I have a charger problem and not a battery problem...  New battery on the way that I don't need...  I guess I'll see what the DJI engineer has to say...
2017-7-21
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-21 04:03
Thank you for the feedback, I'd submit the info to our engineer, will get back to you once I heard from them. Appreciate your patience.

DJI Thor, any feedback from my files etc?   I do have a new battery arriving today but am worried it will end up in the same situation...  
2017-7-24
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-7-24 04:26
DJI Thor, any feedback from my files etc?   I do have a new battery arriving today but am worried it will end up in the same situation...

Update:  new battery charged to 100%. So, not a charger issue...   No  firmware conflicts when tested on Mavic.  However, I haven't flown it yet...   Would sure like to resolve trouble with original battery...  Its either defective or firmware issue...  Either way, need to know if its garbage or can be resolved...
2017-7-24
Use props
Manufree
New

Hong Kong

Please connect to the APP, find the battery information page, and check the voltage status of the battery.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

Manufree Posted at 2017-7-25 17:47
Please connect to the APP, find the battery information page, and check the voltage status of the battery.

Please read the thread to understand that has already been done...   ;)
2017-7-26
Use props
mart0713
New
Flight distance : 226024 ft
United Kingdom

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-7-26 05:05
Please read the thread to understand that has already been done...   ;)

A little update sorry for the slow replies i managed to crash my drone and brake the gimbal while trying to drain the battery to zero percent lol buy all fixed now and my issue with the batterys not fully charging after all was my charger i tried another one and boom all 3 batterys fully charged to 100 percent
2017-7-29
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-21 04:25

Thor, you must have gone on Vacation...   My new battery is flying well.  However, I am getting a  inconsistent firmware warning with it.  I just ignore it and am not going to update it until the issue with the original battery is solved.   Any word from the engineers with my log files and photos etc..?
2017-8-1
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

It would be great to get some feedback on my log files etc... Just sayin...
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-8-1 16:45
Thor, you must have gone on Vacation...   My new battery is flying well.  However, I am getting a  inconsistent firmware warning with it.  I just ignore it and am not going to update it until the issue with the original battery is solved.   Any word from the engineers with my log files and photos etc..?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll confirm with our engineers again, will reply you once I heard from them.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, how long do you have for this battery? Please send it back if it is under warranty period.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-8-7
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 03:12
Hi there, how long do you have for this battery? Please send it back if it is under warranty period.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Good morning. My Mavic came out of the first or second batch batch.    It is 8 to 9 months old.  Does it qualify for warranty?  
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-8-7 05:33
Good morning. My Mavic came out of the first or second batch batch.    It is 8 to 9 months old.  Does it qualify for warranty?

May I know where are you located? If you bought the drone in the US, the warranty period for the battery is half a year. So sorry to tell you that this battery might not be covered by warranty.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansae6de894
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 01:58
May I know where are you located? If you bought the drone in the US, the warranty period for the battery is half a year. So sorry to tell you that this battery might not be covered by warranty.

I am in the US.  Purchase the Mavic direct from DJI.   I have to say, the chain of events make me believe that the firmware upgrade caused the battery fault... (the batter began this behavior the first charge after upgrade)  So,  I don't see this as a defect/warranty issue.  I see it as caused by DJI and the firmware upgrade.  And now, I am stuck with a new battery that gives an inconsistent firmware warning and am afraid to upgrade firmware again and ruin a second battery...   I think the fair thing to do would be to either send me a new battery or issue me credit for the cost of battery...  As for updating firmware in the future,  Probably just won't do it...  Seems to cause more issues than it resolves...
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansae6de894 Posted at 2017-8-10 08:06
I am in the US.  Purchase the Mavic direct from DJI.   I have to say, the chain of events make me believe that the firmware upgrade caused the battery fault... (the batter began this behavior the first charge after upgrade)  So,  I don't see this as a defect/warranty issue.  I see it as caused by DJI and the firmware upgrade.  And now, I am stuck with a new battery that gives an inconsistent firmware warning and am afraid to upgrade firmware again and ruin a second battery...   I think the fair thing to do would be to either send me a new battery or issue me credit for the cost of battery...  As for updating firmware in the future,  Probably just won't do it...  Seems to cause more issues than it resolves...

I personally understand your situation, but if the battery is out of warranty period, the battery will not be cover by warranty according to our Aftersales policy. Sorry for this and thanks for the kindly understanding.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules