Meters versus Feet
1465 15 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_ChrisW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43379 ft
United Kingdom

When setting the RTH altitude you specify a value in metres. However when I'm flying I see the height value presented in feet. Converting between these two during flight is tricky when trying to work out the best RTH altitude. It seems to me that the best way to ascertain the RTH altitude is to see what height Spark is currently at and then update the value accordingly. Can I see Spark's current height in metres, or set the RTH in feet so I'm using the same unit of measurement for both??
2017-7-19
Use props
Aerial Ant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

Hi, I use a conversion app that I have on my phone I keep next to DJIGO4 app and switch between when I need it. There are many kinds just find one you like. Just make sure it has distance and it has meters/feet on it. I feel if we can change to imperial then ALL the measurements should be in imperial or whatever we use in our countries
2017-7-19
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

on the fly you can just say that 1 meter is 3 feet (its actually a bit less)

so 20 meters = 20x3 = 2x3 = 6 = 60feet

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I would suggest that you can change your Measurement Unit on the app if you were used to metres as the measurement unit.
Here's the route: launch the app---enter device---upper right icon---general setting---measurement unit---Metric (m/s)
Hope this would help you out.
2017-7-20
Use props
Bill7259
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2807674 ft
United States

My flights are all in the imperial system. However, when I look at the logs, it's metric. How can I fix this.
2017-7-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 19:56
I would suggest that you can change your Measurement Unit on the app if you were used to metres as the measurement unit.
Here's the route: launch the app---enter device---upper right icon---general setting---measurement unit---Metric (m/s)
Hope this would help you out.

DJI Thor,
I would suggest that DJI should update the app. If a user has selected to use the imperial measurement system, then all the settings should be in imperial measurements.  However, today, the settings (i.e. max Height, etc) stays in meters. That should change to feet if set to use imperial.  Instead of setting to 120 meters, I should be able to set it to 395 feet.  

Thanks.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-26 00:40
DJI Thor,
I would suggest that DJI should update the app. If a user has selected to use the imperial measurement system, then all the settings should be in imperial measurements.  However, today, the settings (i.e. max Height, etc) stays in meters. That should change to feet if set to use imperial.  Instead of setting to 120 meters, I should be able to set it to 395 feet.  

Thanks for the feedback, I'll transfer this to our engineers.
2017-7-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-26 04:17
Thanks for the feedback, I'll transfer this to our engineers.

Thanks for following up.  There are at least a couple of different places in settings where it stays as meters even if you have the setting at imperial.
2017-7-27
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-27 09:22
Thanks for following up.  There are at least a couple of different places in settings where it stays as meters even if you have the setting at imperial.

Hello Kloo, as I stated on other thread , US is one of the only 3 countries in the world that still doesn't use metric system, what really sucks. Jokes aside, nice videos on your channel.
2017-7-27
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52562 ft
Canada

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-27 09:22

Kloo,
The world will force you to ASSIMILATE and use the Metric System... LOL. Just kidding, you bring up a valid point, and I enjoy your video/ tutorials. They are a real help to a novice such as myself.
2017-7-27
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-26 00:40
DJI Thor,

I think they should change that as well.  Its been this way for years now and it never gets fixed.
2017-7-27
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOKY Posted at 2017-7-27 10:24
Hello Kloo, as I stated on other thread , US is one of the only 3 countries in the world that still doesn't use metric system, what really sucks. Jokes aside, nice videos on your channel.

I'm probably the only American that you'll hear say this, but I think the Imperial system sucks!  Nothing makes any sense at all!!!!

Water freezes at 32 and boils at 212?
There are 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 5280 ft in a mile?
1 cup = 8 fluid ounces?
2 cups in a pint?
2 pints in a quart?
4 quarts in a gallon?
1 cup = 14.4375 cu. inches?
etc
etc
etc
Nothing makes sense!

Thanks for the comment on the vids!
2017-7-27
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-7-27 10:59
Kloo,
The world will force you to ASSIMILATE and use the Metric System... LOL. Just kidding, you bring up a valid point, and I enjoy your video/ tutorials. They are a real help to a novice such as myself.

You know us Americans, we generally force everybody else to ASSIMILATE with us!  LOL

In this case, I wish we would learn what the rest of the world already knows.... the metric system is far superior!  

Now I've done it.... If you never hear from me again, you know why....

Haha, I appreciate the comment on the vids.  I've enjoyed putting them together!
2017-7-27
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-7-27 20:55
You know us Americans, we generally force everybody else to ASSIMILATE with us!  LOL

In this case, I wish we would learn what the rest of the world already knows.... the metric system is far superior!  

Hey Kloo.... I thought I saw you demo the new gimbal pitch speed setting with the latest firmware... It had a "speed slider" type look.... But, I don't have this on my controller / Gimbal settings and everything is current. I have Gimbal Pitch Control (L/R and Up/Down), but no speed for Gimbal / Trackwheel. My fat fingers on the track wheel cause some pretty jerky gimbal adjustments. Am I missing something?
2017-8-1
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-1 06:40
Hey Kloo.... I thought I saw you demo the new gimbal pitch speed setting with the latest firmware... It had a "speed slider" type look.... But, I don't have this on my controller / Gimbal settings and everything is current. I have Gimbal Pitch Control (L/R and Up/Down), but no speed for Gimbal / Trackwheel. My fat fingers on the track wheel cause some pretty jerky gimbal adjustments. Am I missing something?

I think I found the Gimbal Pitch Speed settings... I think I was using current firmware but a lower version of the App. I didn't think I could do that, but this is apparently what happened.
2017-8-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-1 06:48
I think I found the Gimbal Pitch Speed settings... I think I was using current firmware but a lower version of the App. I didn't think I could do that, but this is apparently what happened.

Sorry I didn't see your question before, but yes, I've seen others report the same behavior you were seeing.  I've even heard of some that thought they had upgraded to 4.1.4 or 4.1.5, but weren't seeing it.  They then deleted the app off their phone and re-downloaded it and then saw the new option there.

Glad you figured it out before waiting for me to respond!  
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules