Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Std Disconnecting Mid-Flight Problem
1746 4 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9uq938T
New
Flight distance : 1529 ft
United States

Hi,
I have had my Phantom 3 Standard for almost 2 weeks and about a week ago, it started having disconnecting errors. It connects to the app just fine and usually has over 10 satellites, but as soon as I take off, DJI Go goes from saying it has GPS to saying it is disconnected. I still have control over the drone, just not with a video feed. I have tried resetting the wifi video feed (by turning the gimbal wheel to the left and flicking the s2 switch up and down more then 3 times) with no success. The drone and rc have updated firmware. It has only needed one firmware update the day I got it and hasn't needed one since. I am pretty sure it is not the firmware because the drone was working a week after the firmware update. I was wondering if there was a simple fix or if I just need to send it to DJI for repairs?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, was it the RC still had the right to control the drone when you lose the transmission connection with the app?
If so, the connection between your drone and the RC might be alright. So what you check is the connection between the RC and the DJI GO app.
Please try to reset the RC's WiFi by turning the gimbal wheel to the right and flicking the S2 switch up and down more than 3 times at the same time (think you are on the opposite way, the way you mentioned above is to link the RC to the drone).
We also have the tutorial for your reference:
Or it doesn't work, could you please tell me what mobile device are you using?
2017-7-20
Use props
GabrielMeireles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13773 ft

Brazil

the same is happening with my standard phantom 3, the control connection to the drone is perfect, but with the app it is disconnected, without video feed only a black and white screen with disconnected status
2020-8-4
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

GabrielMeireles Posted at 8-4 09:33
the same is happening with my standard phantom 3, the control connection to the drone is perfect, but with the app it is disconnected, without video feed only a black and white screen with disconnected status

When this happens to me, I close the app and then restart the app.  If I have started a video, it continues to record to the sd card in the camera.  
2020-8-4
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Have you tried to fly with the phone in airplane mode to avoid unwanted internal processes? I always use that way when flying a drone
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules