Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Advanced - Photography problem: Low resolution photos !
2831 7 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iulian
New
Romania

I have this drone for about one year and I have this problem from the begining. I thought I have to try some settings or I don't know... maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, I didn't had time to play with my drone and specially to read about this problem. I use it about 10 times per year.
Anyway, because also I'm an advanced photographer, I could not overlook this problem, so now I made this thread to finaly get some professional help ( I tried also to find this problem on internet and I didn't found it ).

Today, I upgraded to the last firmware and I hope this problem to be resolved. As you guesed, it doesn't.

The big problem is: The video is working fine but when I switch to photos, the photos resolution are really bad and I don't know why videos are better then photos.

: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6HeWlWTxM&feature=youtu.be
Photos:
Photo( RAW + jpg ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/rx0im0px022s73r/100MEDIA.rar?dl=0

Please tell me if you see the difference. Anyway, on my iPad ( from the remote controller viewer ) the difference are much bigger ( videos are much better then photos ).

Does someone have the same problems?
2017-7-19
Use props
Iulian
New
Romania

You can download all the files ( video + pictures ) here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2j3oy ... he%20files.rar?dl=0
2017-7-19
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

Iulian Posted at 2017-7-19 09:30
You can download all the files ( video + pictures ) here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2j3oy0s79zsufr/All%20the%20files.rar?dl=0

Hi I have the same "problem" and I never managed to improve photo quality. :-(
2017-7-19
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Just remember the camera has a fixed aperture and adjust accordingly.
2017-7-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyway, because also I'm an advanced photographer, I could not overlook this problem.
You could start by explaining what the "problem" is.
Your thread title suggests there is a problem with resolution.
You have images that are 4000 x 3000 which is the max resolution your camera can produce.
So what is the problem?
2017-7-19
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I cannot access the files.

Is it possible you are comparing the DNG (RAW) file with the frames from the video. The video frames will be processed while the RAW are straight off the sensor and require post production. The display thumbnail will be just an indication of the file contents but it is up to you to produce a photograph.
2017-7-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-7-19 17:04
I cannot access the files.

Is it possible you are comparing the DNG (RAW) file with the frames from the video. The video frames will be processed while the RAW are straight off the sensor and require post production. The display thumbnail will be just an indication of the file contents but it is up to you to produce a photograph.

The files are in a compressed form, you need Winzip installed on your computer to unpack them. To be honest, it got to difficult so I gave up on it. There is no point in compressing image files, they are already compressed. The OP indicates that he may be judging the photo quality by looking at them on his iPad. That would be pointless as you are seeing two different size images, one for stills and the other for video, scaled down to fit the iPad screen.
2017-7-19
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-19 17:14
The files are in a compressed form, you need Winzip installed on your computer to unpack them. To be honest, it got to difficult so I gave up on it. There is no point in compressing image files, they are already compressed. The OP indicates that he may be judging the photo quality by looking at them on his iPad. That would be pointless as you are seeing two different size images, one for stills and the other for video, scaled down to fit the iPad screen.

I have Dropbox blocked here so cannot access.

A tablet is hardly a quality tool for comparison
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules