IMU Calibration
856 2 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eastendpro
lvl.1
United States

Only recently, within the latest 7/2017 software upgrade and in flights a few months before the upgrade, I noticed my Inspire 1 would keep giving me the 'IMU Initializing' warning which prevents me from taking off. Sometimes this lasts several minutes. Are there any solutions or knowledge as to why this didn't appear at all in the past with my Inspire but now happens with regular frequency? Yes, I've calibrated (though it does not indicated that I need it) and that has no effect. 9 times out of 10 I receive this warning and must wait it out. Sometimes I shut down, remount the camera, or move the position of the Inspire on the ground and reboot and the IMU message does not appear. But I still have no idea why this is now a common annoyance when it didn't appear to be in the past.

2017-7-19
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try this , Not sure if it will work but next time place the AC in a cold place Like a refrigerator and then do the IMU calibration after it has been in there for a couple hours.  This should make the IMU calibration go much faster as there is a temp threshold the IMU must meet and by placing in the frig ( or outside in cold weather )  it will be considered at the proper temp and you may not get this waning and delay any more .

I have not had this happen myself but this is the Fix for when it does .

So like this , place AC in Frig  ( NOT RC transmitter though ) without the battery pack in it, after couple hours take out and immediatly place battery inn slot and do an IMU calibration followed immediatly by a Camera Gimbal Calibration .
***When cooler weather arrives you would just  do this outside depending on your palce on the planet .

Then go fly

let me know and NO I am not Joking regarding this

donnie
2017-7-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had great success with the cold IMU calibration method.

However, you do not need to put it into the refrigerator longer than about 15-20 minutes. DO NOT put the battery into the refrigerator!
Once you have the Inspire out of the cold. put the battery into it and then start up the remote with device connected. Go into the Go App and get into the sensors screen and once you turn on the power to the Inspire 1 ... be ready to start the IMU cal.. ..  quickly (Pit stop speed)

That should do the trick

Rich
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules