Please help- DJI GO app- cannot link phone number
4926 14 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel B
New
Flight distance : 43 ft
United States

Hello- I have five P3Ss and have been flying for over a year.  Now the new DJI GO app is preventing me from getting airborne.
Everything links fine, but then I get a message that says "Link to Phone Number- To complete your registration and activation info on DJI GO, link and verify your phone number"

Here's the rub- it will ONLY accept phone numbers for mainland China!  I am in the US.  When I input a normal US area code, it converts it to an "86" country code (China).  I have tried using the US country code (1), but no dice.  In fact, the background for inputting the phone number actually says, "input phone number for mainland China."

I have checked and made sure my device is sharing my location with the app, and it is.

Anybody else having this issue?  I cannot fly, and it is really starting to tick me off.  Customer service has been zero help.

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to link the network again, stay in a place with enough GPS signal and relaunch the app till the message gone. Please keep us updated if the problem persists.  
Besides, did you contact our support through online chat or via Email? Could you please provide your Email address or the ticket number so I can check for more info about it.
We hope to keep moving to provide more products with good quality and more professional customer service.
2017-7-20
Use props
wam83
New
Canada

Same problem for me... Impossible to use dji apps...
2017-7-30
Use props
msfdias
lvl.1
Portugal

I have the same problem.
It is impossible to use dji app like that.

Please solve this situation asap.
2017-7-30
Use props
sky53
New

Philippines

in general settings you have to disable about china there..
2017-7-30
Use props
GST5017
New
Malaysia

SAME problem here, im from MALAYSIA.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans08bb3a21
New
Flight distance : 426427 ft
China

The same problem, Russian tourist having vacation on Hainan.

Your request (663224) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives.
IMG_1071.PNG
IMG_1072.PNG
2017-7-31
Use props
PhotoMu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122001 ft
United States

I'm here now because I **just** started experiencing this same problem.  I'm in the US with plenty of GPS signal strength.  Please help
2017-8-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

For all P3S,first start over the RC,AC and mobile near the household WIFI - connect to the copter and start the App (it reads the data from the copter) If the registrations bar pops up then connect to the household WIFI and start the registration. If the bar pops up "registration successful" then you can use the app and the copter. GPS is not needed on this way.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans930e52a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103156 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 03:56
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to link the network again, stay in a place with enough GPS signal and relaunch the app till the message gone. Please keep us updated if the problem persists.  
Besides, did you contact our support through online chat or via Email? Could you please provide your Email address or the ticket number so I can check for more info about it.
We hope to keep moving to provide more products with good quality and more professional customer service.

DJI Thor, I didn't post the message you're responding to, but had the same issue. Message was "Reset the Country Code" but there was no place in DJI Go4 App I could find to do that. I followed your suggestion above here and it seems to have removed the message and I can fly.

DJI Inspire 2 X7 16mm f2.8 with .0300 firmware. All others up-to-date.
chris@chriscrumley.com
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans930e52a9 Posted at 2017-12-20 14:23
DJI Thor, I didn't post the message you're responding to, but had the same issue. Message was "Reset the Country Code" but there was no place in DJI Go4 App I could find to do that. I followed your suggestion above here and it seems to have removed the message and I can fly.

DJI Inspire 2 X7 16mm f2.8 with .0300 firmware. All others up-to-date.

Glad that you had worked it out. If you receive this message again, you can enable the internet for the app, then it will disappear in most cases.
2017-12-22
Use props
djiuser_7Em1yZ9MV1Do
New

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 03:56
Besides, did you contact our support through online chat or via Email? Could you please provide your Email address or the ticket number so I can check for more info about it.

First I had this problem that it requires a chinese phone number and it sticks in a vicious circle there till I get the message "unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped and when I restart the RC, this comes up again and again.
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_7Em1yZ9MV1Do
New

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-22 00:46
Glad that you had worked it out. If you receive this message again, you can enable the internet for the app, then it will disappear in most cases.

Well I did not work it out. It got stuck in a vicicous circle of wanting a chinese phone number and then I get the message ""unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped" and that keeps coming up even after restarting the RC. Again and again. Well annoying.
2018-12-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

First start the WIFI of the mobile and then start the go app to verify the licence. After that you can activate your DJI device. The message that i have to connect via cell device never came up.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_7Em1yZ9MV1Do Posted at 12-25 01:00
Well I did not work it out. It got stuck in a vicicous circle of wanting a chinese phone number and then I get the message ""unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped" and that keeps coming up even after restarting the RC. Again and again. Well annoying.

I am sorry to hear the issue. Just to confirm again, the DJI GO 4 app keeps crashing on your mobile device, and you are not able to manage the next step, right?
May I know the mobile device you are using? The current situation is to solve the crashing issue first. Please try to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation if needed. When starting the DJI GO 4 app, you can try to set your mobile device to airplane mode. See if this helps.
Please let me know if I misunderstanding the situation, thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules