DJI Spark - No Home Lock , Course Lock (Headless Mode) function ?!
6177 14 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

Currently, DJI Spark does not have features Home Lock, Course Lock as Mavic or Phantom. Though, they are very needful functions for a newbie like me. May DJI Engineers will add these features into Spark ?
2017-7-20
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I asked about this.. no response from Dji. Post it in the "Collecting User Feedback" thread.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101253-1-1.html
2017-7-20
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-20 02:06
I asked about this.. no response from Dji. Post it in the "Collecting User Feedback" thread.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101253-1-1.html

Do not only post it on the forum. if you follow their directions they state that you have to email them your suggestions. to post it on the forum is only for consumers to view others suggestions.

I don't mean to seem like a D###, just trying to help.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, Spark now includes Quickshot, ActiveTrack, Taply, Tripod and Gesture as the intelligent flight modes. I'll transfer the requirement to our engineers, wish we could optimize and add more functions of the drone if it is possible.
Thank you all for the feedback and have a nice time with the drone.
2017-7-20
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 23:31
Yes, Spark now includes Quickshot, ActiveTrack, Taply, Tripod and Gesture as the intelligent flight modes. I'll transfer the requirement to our engineers, wish we could optimize and add more functions of the drone if it is possible.
Thank you all for the feedback and have a nice time with the drone.

Good to know
2017-7-20
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

You have PM
2017-7-21
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

At what point do we  "draw the line" with making requests for additional features?  I read a lot posts that contain phrases, "Like the Mavic has" ,"like the Phantom has", etc.. Yes, I do have the pleasure of owning multiple DJI platforms so if I need to do something more advanced I fly those.  With that said,  I bought the Spark knowing its limitations, thus the $500 price point.  Don't get me wrong I would like all of the Sparks advertised features to work properly
2017-7-21
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-21 03:05
At what point do we  "draw the line" with making requests for additional features?  I read a lot posts that contain phrases, "Like the Mavic has" ,"like the Phantom has", etc.. Yes, I do have the pleasure of owning multiple DJI platforms so if I need to do something more advanced I fly those.  With that said,  I bought the Spark knowing its limitations, thus the $500 price point.  Don't get me wrong I would like all of the Sparks advertised features to work properly

Even the Phantom 3 Standard owns the IOC functions, POI, Waypoints...
So the 500$ price tag is no argument.
The Spark could easily manage the modes with it's cpu. The Go App supports all these modes. Dji just need to unlock them. And to save up with features that older models in the same price range supports is not cool from Dji.
Why no POI for the Spark? It is the perfect mode for a Selfie drone. The circle gets much more precise than in active track!?!
2017-7-21
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-21 03:33
Even the Phantom 3 Standard owns the IOC functions, POI, Waypoints...
So the 500$ price tag is no argument.
The Spark could easily manage the modes with it's cpu. The Go App supports all these modes. Dji just need to unlock them. And to save up with features that older models in the same price range supports is not cool from Dji.

I'm not disputing why the Spark can or cannot have the same or similar features of some of the DJI legacy platforms.  I also agree that to implement so of those features doesn't seem to require much effort.  It's just that we knew what we were getting when we all purchased the Spark.  Heck, there are some threads where Spark owners are requesting 4K, which obviously isn't possible.
2017-7-21
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-21 03:51
I'm not disputing why the Spark can or cannot have the same or similar features of some of the DJI legacy platforms.  I also agree that to implement so of those features doesn't seem to require much effort.  It's just that we knew what we were getting when we all purchased the Spark.  Heck, there are some threads where Spark owners are requesting 4K, which obviously isn't possible.

I read a lot about the spark, and as I preordered it wasn't clear for me that the spark doesn't have all the Features like my other dji drones.
The offical Dji explanation of "what is the difference to the Mavic" in their FAQ was at this time something like "the spark offers more, new intelligent modes like the Mavic". So it was for me(!) Mavic modes + more.
2017-7-21
Use props
fansc4276c56
New
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-21 03:51

When I first ordered my Spark online, the DJI site promoted the fact that the Spark had all the same Intelligent flight modes as the Mavic. I wanted to be 100% certain so I emailed DJI and received a response from customer service that this was in fact true.
After receiving the Spark and discovering that I cannot in fact use Course Lock mode, I again contacted DJI. They apologized and said they would forward the issue to the engineers. That was about 1 month ago and we have not yet seen any progress.
2017-7-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Limitations in CPU power is the main reason for the lack of features that the more expensive quads have. Half the price = half as many features. ...
2017-7-22
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-22 13:19
Limitations in CPU power is the main reason for the lack of features that the more expensive quads have. Half the price = half as many features. ...

Please tell us more about the details of the build in cpu.
I want to know why it is too weak with its 24cores compared to p3s?

Or are just talking anything, again?
2017-7-22
Use props
justmryan
New

Hong Kong

感谢您的反馈
2017-8-3
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Litchi supports now the spark. There you can use all modes except orbit and waypoints (at the moment).
Also Homelock and Courselock are available.. how does Litchi this support when the sparks cpu is too weak...? lol
Just a joke for R&L.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules