Keyframed flight tracks, actions & motion control?!
1253 8 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruinroadie
New
Germany

Hi at all from Germany!

I'm very new into flying drones and the DJI community as well! My background is from a cinematic point of view.
Is there any possibility to "save" or keyframe your flight tracks and actions? By that I mean reflying of saved parameters like altitude, speed, rotation and translation. If not, are there any plans to introduce that into the DJI Go App?

It would be so great, because in that way you would have kind of a motion control system for your flights which could be pretty useful for some post compositings (for example, you want to comp buildings, or persons, ... into some other plates.
Another cool feature would be to share your actions and tracks to the community.

What do you think of it? I would like to know! :-)

2017-7-20
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Your talking over the heads of a lot of people. You can use mapping app for repetitive task and you may also look at the Litchy app.
2017-7-20
Use props
ruinroadie
New
Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-7-20 15:38
Your talking over the heads of a lot of people. You can use mapping app for repetitive task and you may also look at the Litchy app.

Thank you for the reply!
I"ll have a look at these apps! :-)
2017-7-20
Use props
ruinroadie
New
Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-7-20 15:38

I'd tried to search for these apps but couldn't find them in the appstore. Are these the original names of the applications? Especially the "mapping app" sounds pretty common to me.
For the "Litchy" app I was unsuccessful as well.
(There is to say that I have only access to the German appstore, there might be some restrictions that I haven't access to the US apps...)

All in all I hope there will be a official support from DJI because third party apps might have some issues with the hardware/mavic.
2017-7-20
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

There a Waypoint intelligent fly mode in DJI GO 4 app which might do the trick to certain extend for You!
See one of many tutorials here
2017-7-21
Use props
ruinroadie
New
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-21 00:04
There a Waypoint intelligent fly mode in DJI GO 4 app which might do the trick to certain extend for You!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lN9S9YMX98

Hi Alex!
Thank you! I'll give it a shot! :-)
2017-7-21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Try, I've tried it and it is very helpful as drone flies on pre filed course and You are framing Your subject ;)
Good luck
2017-7-21
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319203 ft
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-21 00:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lN9S9YMX98

An excellent video which simply explains the Waypoint function.
2017-7-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

ruinroadie Posted at 2017-7-20 23:02
I'd tried to search for these apps but couldn't find them in the appstore. Are these the original names of the applications? Especially the "mapping app" sounds pretty common to me.
For the "Litchy" app I was unsuccessful as well.
(There is to say that I have only access to the German appstore, there might be some restrictions that I haven't access to the US apps...)

Sorry, Litchi with an "I". As mentioned above you can use the waypoint but I don't know if that is what you want but, very important with the Waypoint,  you need to be in clear area and really watch for your obstacles. Lots of people underestimated distances and obstacles and end up crashing their AC.

Good luck!

2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules