trouble connecting aircraft and remote p3p
2670 18 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
Australia

Haven't flown in a while and got my aircraft and remote out of the case and charged both batteries and the remote.
Once complete I logged onto the DJI site and downloaded the new firmware for both.
Went to fly and found my Ipad mini3 needed updating to new ios software so did that as well.
Went to fly again and turned everything on in order and found my aircraft and remote will not connect.
Turned both on and off multiple times and still no result.  Sitting at the computer now and have the aircraft and remote on and entered the camera view on the app and i have 1. poor radio channel quality and a disconnected status on the main screen.
Consequently  i need some help, any ideas?
2017-7-20
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

**Following.  Same deal here.  I don't fly my 3 much anymore as I have the 4Pro.  But same issue...tried to start it up...all firmware is updated...turned on remote...the craft...the app.  App shows 'aircraft not connected'.  I even deleted the app and downloaded again.  I have no idea what is going on or why it won't show that it is not connected.  I've tried starting from square one at least ten times.
2017-7-20
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23261 ft
United States

Since I did the new firmware update on the remote, camera and batteries I now have no FPV on my screen. Camera will move up and down with remote and it will even record while in the air. Just no FPV at all.
Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to re-link the RC to the drone?
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2017-7-20 14:19
**Following.  Same deal here.  I don't fly my 3 much anymore as I have the 4Pro.  But same issue...tried to start it up...all firmware is updated...turned on remote...the craft...the app.  App shows 'aircraft not connected'.  I even deleted the app and downloaded again.  I have no idea what is going on or why it won't show that it is not connected.  I've tried starting from square one at least ten times.

You may also need to re-link your RC to the drone. Please refer to the video which I posted on Post 4 # to re-link them.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DevilDogRick Posted at 2017-7-20 21:02
Since I did the new firmware update on the remote, camera and batteries I now have no FPV on my screen. Camera will move up and down with remote and it will even record while in the air. Just no FPV at all.
Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Have you got any error message on the APP, like "No image transmission Signal"? Try to take out the SD card, then restart the drone, see if it works.
2017-7-21
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
United States

I am not getting any error messages and on the "about" page it shows the following;
App - 3.1.8
Version - 1.11.20
Remote Controller - 1.9.2
Flight Controller SN - 03Z0657882

I am only missing the FPV as it still flies great and I can move the camera around with the remote controller as well.
I took it for a test flight and it even records when I tell it to. I can just not see what it is recording until I put the SD card in my computer.
Light on the front of the gimbal is solid green as well as the light on the drone itself which is right next to the hole you use to pair the two together.

I called support today and they said I would have to send it in as they have no clue why I am not getting my FPV now.
I did the test here at the house where I have flown many times with no problems. I doubt if interference is the problem as I am flying in the middle of my 140 acres which over half of which is all fields.
Any help in resolving this without having to send it in would be absolutely great.
2017-7-21
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
United States

And yes I also relinked the remote with the drone. No change.
On the info page in the Go app it says that I have the latest firmware and it is showing no problems.

I did notice however that when I go to the "Image Transmission Settings" page that I just have a tiny green dot switching from channel to channel and a tiny blue one appearing above channel 19 every few seconds or so. Channel 19 is the auto channel. Don't know if this info helps or not as I can't remember what it was doing before on that page.
I did however switch it to manual and I tried all of the channels but with no luck in fixing the problem.
2017-7-21
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 03:30
Have you got any error message on the APP, like "No image transmission Signal"? Try to take out the SD card, then restart the drone, see if it works.

Did that and no change.

Thank you so much for trying to help me resolve this issue Diana. Your help is greatly appreciated.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DevilDogRick Posted at 2017-7-21 20:29
Did that and no change.

Thank you so much for trying to help me resolve this issue Diana. Your help is greatly appreciated.

What mobile device are you using? Have you tired other mobile device? If it is the same with other mobile devices, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-7-21
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 22:12
What mobile device are you using? Have you tired other mobile device? If it is the same with other mobile devices, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair.

Thanks Diana that worked and now my aircraft can fly, but with the remote next to the aircraft i get a weak transmission message on the screen.
2017-7-22
Use props
DevilDogRick
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 22:12

I have tried multiple tablets and phones and no luck with any of them.
How exactly do I go about sending it in to be repaired?
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DevilDogRick Posted at 2017-7-23 20:33
I have tried multiple tablets and phones and no luck with any of them.
How exactly do I go about sending it in to be repaired?

Please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/repair  , click on "ONLINE REPAIR REQUEST" to start a case.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

deanO Aussie Posted at 2017-7-22 14:27
Thanks Diana that worked and now my aircraft can fly, but with the remote next to the aircraft i get a weak transmission message on the screen.

What mobile device are you using? Have you tired to fly it in an open area? If yes, how is it going? Check the Image Transmission Settings, try to customize the channel.
2017-7-23
Use props
Bob Morris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157638 ft
United States

I experienced the same events and condition. I have been trying to figure out the problem and cause for 2 days.
2017-7-24
Use props
Bob Morris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157638 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 03:19
Have you tried to re-link the RC to the drone? Phantom 3 Tutorials- Link the Remote Controller and the aircraft

That solved my problem. Thank you. Page 28 of DJI Manual. Plus a video showing how.
2017-7-25
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
Australia

Yep, i'm all good now thanks DJI flying like a bird.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bob Morris Posted at 2017-7-25 13:08
That solved my problem. Thank you. Page 28 of DJI Manual. Plus a video showing how.

I am so glad to hear that , hope you can enjoy the drone!!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

deanO Aussie Posted at 2017-7-26 13:42
Yep, i'm all good now thanks DJI flying like a bird.

Happy flying, looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules