DJI store - consider this before buying anything
2164 21 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UncleHoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5352539 ft
United States

so, I ordered an extra charger and some propeller guards for my mavic.  $50 including $10 for shipping.  Today, they attempted delivery via FedEx.  I wasn't home.  No problem, I thought.  I will just sign and have them deliver tomorrow, when I also will not be home.

Oh.  I can't do that.

No problem, I will just pick it up from the fedex location, which is only a mile from where I work.

Oh.  I can't.

No problem, I will just have my 19 year old daughter sign for it.

Oh.  I can't.  She needs to be 21, and she would need to show proof that she lives with me.

No problem, I will have them deliver to the neighbor or have him pick it up for me.

Oh.  I can't.  He doesn't live at my address.

Okay, so what exactly are your options if you live alone?  Be there to sign for it.  Period.  That's it.  No other options whatsoever.  None.  Not any.  End of story.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

I want to say something nice.  I want to like these guys.  But this is simply ridiculous and there is ABSOLUTELY no valid reason for such a strict policy, especially for minor purchases.  It is stupid, and any defense of it is completely ridiculous.  I honestly think DJI enjoys irritating their customers, because it would actually be easier to simply allow me to show proof of who I am, and pick it up at the fedex facility.  

Wanna buy from the DJI store?  Be aware of their shipping policy.  Be aware that they will not do anything whatsoever, except refund your money.  Will they refund the $10 shipping charge?  I guess I will find out.
2017-7-20
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

I think if you create an account with fedex that you can remove the signature requirement for a specific parcel.  What I have done is write a note and leave it on the door that says, "Please except this note as signature for parcel #(insert the actual parcel number from fedex website) from DJI to (Your name here) and then sign it.  This has worked for me and when I asked the driver about it, he said that it allows them to sign for it them selves.  
Also, I believe that it needs to be signed by someone 18, so I think your daughter would have been fine to sign for it.

HTH
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide me with your order number so I can check more info about this?
2017-7-20
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tripp Posted at 2017-7-20 19:04
I think if you create an account with fedex that you can remove the signature requirement for a specific parcel.  What I have done is write a note and leave it on the door that says, "Please except this note as signature for parcel #(insert the actual parcel number from fedex website) from DJI to (Your name here) and then sign it.  This has worked for me and when I asked the driver about it, he said that it allows them to sign for it them selves.  
Also, I believe that it needs to be signed by someone 18, so I think your daughter would have been fine to sign for it.

I ran into this problem with DJI Store (Amazon), and the FedEx guy -- who knows me well -- and FedEx customer service said there is no way around how DJI ships out -- no alternates, no redirect to my work, no hold at Fedex.  Really bites for those of who actually have to work during the day.  They should warn you of this crazy restriction during checkout!
2017-7-20
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Once, DHL has let a combo package on my floor in front of my door ...
It was Christmas and I came back from holidays 5 days after .... DHL is not serious
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

Tripp Posted at 2017-7-20 19:04

I did create and account, hoping that I could change the shipping options.

Oh.  I can't.

I contacted FedEx.  They told me that my only option was to have someone over 21 who lives at that address.  I live alone.  I have one single option: be there.  That's it.  There are NO OTHER OPTIONS.

But thanks for trying.
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 19:17
Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide me with your order number so I can check more info about this?

Order Number: 0019538822480

If you can do something, that'd be great, but I have already been told that DJI won't do anything.
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-20 19:15
I agree it's a PITA.  I usually just call FedEx & ask them to deliver the package to the local FedEx store for pickup.

Yeah.  I can't.  They won't.  Again, I have absolutely no option except to be there at my address when it is delivered.  

I practically begged both FedEx and DJI for other options, and they both refuse.  FedEx refuses because that's the way DJI wants the package delivered.  FedEx is doing their job.  DJI is anti-customer.  Not sure there is any other way to say it.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

UncleHoot Posted at 2017-7-21 04:23
Order Number: 0019538822480

If you can do something, that'd be great, but I have already been told that DJI won't do anything.

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. And thank you for the feedback, I would inform this to the appropriate team to see if there is anything we could do.
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

Incidentally, from those I've talked to, the "Over 21" is generally used only for alcohol sales.  If you buy wine over the Internet, you don't want an 18 year-old (or younger) signing for it.  This is completely mind-boggling.
2017-7-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-20 19:15
I agree it's a PITA.  I usually just call FedEx & ask them to deliver the package to the local FedEx store for pickup.

+1...I live within a mile of a FedEx hub, thus they (FedEx) allow me to pick the item up there after 1 delivery attempt
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

Here is the conversation with FedEx.  (I am Jeremy)

( 1m 31s ) Jeremy: I just need a way to get my package, and I won't be home during delivery hours.
( 4m 24s ) Christine B: Thanks for patiently waiting. We truly apologize that this happened with your package. According to our records, we initially attempted to deliver your package on July 20, 2017 at 12:50 pm am but one was available to sign for or receive the shipment.
( 4m 32s ) Christine B: The next delivery attempt is scheduled on July 21, 2017, And the ETA of this package is between 12:55 am to 5:20 pm.
( 4m 36s ) Christine B: If the first delivery attempt is unsuccessful either to a commercial or residential address, we will make two additional attempts to deliver on the following two conservatives business days for a total of 3 delivery attempts.
( 5m 4s ) Christine B: Also, please be advised that your shipper opted to require an ADULT SIGNATURE for the package. With an adult signature requirement, only someone who is 21 years old and above living in the shipping address has to personally sign for and receive the package.
( 5m 52s ) Christine B: The driver won't release it if no one will be available to sign for this , the person is at least 21 years old.
( 5m 57s ) Jeremy: Yep. I understand. I will not be home during that time frame, ever. I just need SOME WAY to get my package. Any way at all, that DOES NOT require me to be home. Any way at all. anything at all. Any way.
( 6m 41s ) Jeremy: I would be happy to pick it up at a Fed Ex location, but you are not giving me any options.
( 7m 12s ) Jeremy: I have absolutely no options. It's ridiculous.
( 7m 41s ) Christine B: I understand how inconvenient this must have been for you. Let me check on the other options , please bear with me.
( 12m 0s ) Christine B: I deeply regret, however, we are unable to process a Hold at Location on your behalf , as the shipper's account has a restriction .
( 12m 33s ) Jeremy: And there is absolutely nothing that I can sign and leave on my front door?
( 12m 44s ) Christine B: If oyu wish to redirect this to the facility in order for you to pick up , you will need to contact your shipper and advise them for this as they are the only authorize to process it.
( 12m 52s ) Christine B: you*
( 14m 2s ) Christine B: I apologize ,but , leaving a signed and dated note is not applicable for this shipment as this has to be received by a 21 years old at the exact address .
( 14m 3s ) Jeremy: ahhg. That's my only option?
( 14m 47s ) Christine B: Yes Jeremy since you have said a while back that you are not around during the delivery hours.
( 15m 14s ) Jeremy: ok, then. Thank you. I will attempt to contact them.
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

And from DJI, I got the following:

Dear Jeremy,

We do understand your concern. However, we don't have options for pickups. FedEx will try to push the delivery three times. After three tries and the customer hasn't been able to receive the package, the package will return to us and you will be automatically be refunded.

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Sales Support, if you have any more questions, feel free to come back and contact us again. Your generous support has always been our motive to improve. Wish you have a nice day.

Renz,

DJI Online Sales
2017-7-21
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-21 05:16
+1...I live within a mile of a FedEx hub, thus they (FedEx) allow me to pick the item up there after 1 delivery attempt

+2   Picked up at FedX   - twice
2017-7-21
Use props
fansaf14997d
New
United States

I had the exact same issue and almost was going to ask for a refund. I understand it's expensive so someone must sign for it.  WHY in the world is the FED-EX location near my house... potentially where the thing is being stored anyhow, not a valid place to leave it so I can pick it up after work? Isn't this an even safer option than driving it my house?
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

So, my (fixed) drone is currently being shipped back from DJI via UPS, "signature required," straight from DJI's repair facility in Cerritos, CA.  I logged into my UPS account and waived the signature, so that they can drop it off at my front door.  It's just that easy.  

$750 drone and I can have it delivered to my house from DJI.  $40 order of propeller guards and extra charger direct from DJI, well...  Sorry.  Gotta sign for it in person.
2017-7-21
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
United States

My daughter somehow signed for it, and I'm not going to ask questions.
2017-7-21
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I went through the same thing.

Slightly annoyed since I've picked up and signed for several packages at the FedEx down the street, but DJI would not allow this for whatever reason.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

UncleHoot Posted at 2017-7-21 10:00
My daughter somehow signed for it, and I'm not going to ask questions.

Hoot, we are really sorry for the unpleasant experience and inconvenience that has been caused.
It's Fedex's policy that we are unable to change that, but we will forward your issue to our management department to see what we can do to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

el pelo Posted at 2017-7-21 10:09
I went through the same thing.

Slightly annoyed since I've picked up and signed for several packages at the FedEx down the street, but DJI would not allow this for whatever reason.

Sorry for that, we must ensure the package is delivered to the right address and received by the right customer, we apologize if there is any inconvenience that has been caused.
2017-7-23
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 20:16
Sorry for that, we must ensure the package is delivered to the right address and received by the right customer, we apologize if there is any inconvenience that has been caused.

Understood. But if you hold at a FedEX location and provide identification (which DJI won't allow) there is no risk.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

el pelo Posted at 2017-7-24 05:09
Understood. But if you hold at a FedEX location and provide identification (which DJI won't allow) there is no risk.

I will forward this concern to our management department to improve our service. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules