Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of signal, the gimbal malfunction, then corrupted video
665 2 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

Well I have now had my first error while flying on the July Firmware.

Lost signal to aircraft, lasted approx 10-15 secs, Aircraft stayed in a hover but did not have control of drone.  Drone was approx 60Ft from me, was flying around build site of our new home.  Drone stayed in position of when I lost control, no erractic flight, upon reconnection, the gimbal was in the tilt to the right, showing the landing gear position people have been reporting.  This lasted about 10 seconds, where I could not restart recording, or control the gimbal. The gimbal then snapped back into proper postion and I was able to restart recording.

When I got home I went to check the video I had been taking.  The video from when the error happened is showing as "corrupted" when I try and open in multiple players and Adobe premeire elements. for editing.  So I cannot even watch it happen.  Never had a problem with that either.  

Have tried decompressing the mp4 container and repairing it, but unable to get anything to even open it to mess with it.  

Can add me to the list of frustrated flyers now, not sure what to do, unfortunate that I lost the video, not sure what to make of this.  

I have never uploaded flight logs before, not sure if this is correct, did it through the DJI Assistant because the flight log on DJI GO app is just showing a single 2 minute flight, when I made a ~10 minute flight.  The log from the djiGo App looks be just the end of the flight.  Buggy it seems as well.  

Drop box to exported logs, have no idea how to read them, the viewer option in the Assistant was no help to me.  DropBox Link

I have synced all my flight logs through the DJIGO app to DJI's server, but obviously it is not functioning correctly.

To address any issues relating to the DJIGO App I have reverted my Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet back to Android 6.0.1 (From 7) which from all accounts fixes the random shutdown of the app, which should correct the inflight logging feature from the app.  I had prefered to just deal with the shut down, as it did not affect flight or recording, just had to restart app and continue.  I am a recreational flyer so reshooting something or whatever during reboot, about 10 secs was no big deal as you still had control of the aircraft through the remote.  This crash however is something completely different, no control, very disconcerting.  So will elliminate as many variables as I can.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I would recommend you send an email with the flight log and a drief description of this issue to support.us@dji.com, we'll create a case for you to analysis the data if the drone is still in warranty period.
2017-7-21
Use props
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

OK, will do
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules