Aggresive/jerky movements with latest firmware?
832 4 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

Is anyone else with Inspire 1 experience aggresive/jerky movements with the Inspire 1 after updating to the latest firmware, (much like what have been reported for the P4?)

@DJI. Have the flight characteristics been changed with firmware 01.11.01.50 for the Inspire 1?

2017-7-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire 1 with the latest FW fly's the same as before. Please note that some of the default settings will be reverted back after the update.

Please calibrate the IMU and compass;
Set RTH and other flight parameters back to your preferences.
Set all your gimbal speeds, as the pitch and yaw will be faster.

Rich
2017-7-20
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank's Rich for your quick reply! Glad it seems the same for you!

Yes, I've done all calibrations, and I use the default settings now, as I did before the update. So the settings are the same as before the update.

It might have been the breeze (albeit not a strong breeze) that caused it, but I think the "countermeasure" for the wind after the firmware upgrade is more aggressive. I had the Inspire about 2 meters up, and maybe 3 meters away, and I saw some sudden jerks, (enough for me to react and think it was strange), though the wind was quite even and not strong where I stood.

2017-7-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2017-7-21 00:07
Thank's Rich for your quick reply! Glad it seems the same for you!

Yes, I've done all calibrations, and I use the default settings now, as I did before the update. So the settings are the same as before the update.

Rob

Glad you did all of the calibrations (good practice after FW updates) .

1) Maybe you can calibrate the remote (RC) just to be sure you have everything in order (Inspire 1 is turned off during calibration).

2) And factory reset:
Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

Other than that, I am not sure why the Inspire flight characteristics would be different. Keep us posted

Rich

2017-7-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I have the I2 and on one flight where I flew it fast and then braked it hard, it parked itself in a hover at some weird 45 degree tilt, but the cameras were still level with the horizon.  Never saw that before on any other drone so it sort of bothered me.

Flew it around a bit slowly and it leveled itself back out.  I thought it was going to land on one leg for a while the way it hovered at a steep angle, but it was good (I guess?).

I do have questions on the RC though where it partially shut itself off (Disconnected, with half the LEDs still on, but main power one was off?), but cannot roll back to prior RC versions anymore as of the latest one so I don't know there.  Just a refresh now I think which maybe fixed it...maybe.

This stuff ain't perfect.

2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules