Bring a Spark from the US to EU
646 6 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m_meraner_492
New

Netherlands

I will be on holiday in the US and I thought of buying a Spark (well if I can get one). Second thought was about customs and declaration, hence I checked: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_cus ... ling/entering-eu_en and it would suggest that if I convert the 499 usd to eur, I would stay within the limit where I don't need to declare the item (hence would be ok).
Is that true or did I make a mistake?
2017-7-20
Use props
ap_sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20574 ft
Germany

Well, 499,- US $ are actually 431,56 €, so technically you have to declare the spark. As far as I know you'll have to pay customs only on the value that exceeds the 430,- €. But I would recommend to declare it (i.e. go through the red channel)
2017-7-20
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

Just buy it. Open it. get rid of packaging. Dont bother declaring. If asked at customs about it, you brought it out with you on trip..........
2017-7-21
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

(Think also about the way of transporting the lipos apart from the declaring, there you can get more trouble)
2017-7-21
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Nigeria

Lipos/powerbanks etc always in your hand luggage, but assume you will transport Spark in same way.....

I took my Spark (From The Netherlands) on holiday to Thailand and Japan in my hand luggage, was never stopped by security..

Dutch: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/w ... k-reis-buiten-de-eu

Your are lucky that EURO is gaining, so today 1 Euro = 1.17 USD... 499 USd = 426 Euro    Green line
2017-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't think you will have any problem , just make sure you carry AC or at least batteries on board, batteries are not allowed in the hold.

One problem you may have going forward, if you have any problems with your spark you will have to return to the country of purchase if it needs repairing or warranty, and dji won't pay for shipping from Europe to US.

So what you gain on the swings, you may just lose on the roundabout.
2017-7-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-21 02:12
I don't think you will have any problem , just make sure you carry AC or at least batteries on board, batteries are not allowed in the hold.

One problem you may have going forward, if you have any problems with your spark you will have to return to the country of purchase if it needs repairing or warranty, and dji won't pay for shipping from Europe to US.

Good point....
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules