Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Spark flew away and lost. Aircraft failure ?
17548 67 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timoune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Finland

Just got some news from DJI (NL): 226 EUR of reparation. No explaination about the crash, etc. This is very strange and I am bit upset about the outcome...
They will change:
- 1 motor
- Middle Frame Semi-finished Product Module (Excluding ESC and Motor)
- Gimbal and Camera Module

I wonder why I don´t have a feedback about the crash / fly away issue...
2017-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-8 06:28
Just got some news from DJI (NL): 226 EUR of reparation. No explaination about the crash, etc. This is very strange and I am bit upset about the outcome...
They will change:
- 1 motor

You are entitled to explanation this you should request.
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

They will change:
- 1 motor

I would suggest you write a PM to one of the moderators here together with your case number. I am sure they'll assist you in getting a proper explanation.
2017-11-8
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Thanks for your answer! I am waiting an answer from dji now... hope I will understand what happened!
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

They will change:
- 1 motor

Please provide me your case number so I can look into your case. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-10 01:00
Please provide me your case number so I can look into your case. Thanks for your cooperation.

I sent you a PM, thank you!
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-10 01:11
I sent you a PM, thank you!

I just checked your case. Your case was not under warranty and I noticed that your spark lost GPS signal when it took off. And the damage parts are gimbal, middle frame and motor. Please inform me if you still have doubt.
2017-11-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Thanks a lot for your help. I had the  GPS signals lost few seconds only after the take off, this is why I decided to end up the flight and then it did this "run away" issue.
How the run-away issue is not under warranty? It is quite clear that I did not crash my drone by my self, right?
2017-11-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

And before I took off there was the message "gimbal overloaded". Could this be related?
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-10 01:53
And before I took off there was the message "gimbal overloaded". Could this be related?

The message "gimbal overload" normally pops up when the gimbal touches something. This could be a gimbal cover or grass on the ground etc. Anything that impedes the gimbal to move freely.
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-10 01:48
Thanks a lot for your help. I had the  GPS signals lost few seconds only after the take off, this is why I decided to end up the flight and then it did this "run away" issue.
How the run-away issue is not under warranty? It is quite clear that I did not crash my drone by my self, right?

Was it maybe very windy when you took off? Since you had lost the GPS link your Spark has switched to ATTI mode. In ATTI wind is a key factor because the Spark cannot hold its position on its own and will get carried away by the wind quickly.
If you wish us to have a look on what happened you can upload your flight record (you'll find it in the DJI subfolder on your mobile device) here and share it with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2017-11-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Here it is: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OS72LLFNJ41RJB0E51O6/

We can see that at 6 seconds, the satellite positioning was turned off and at 8 seconds I have a warning.

But the speed is always 0 which is very strange. We can not see here hos fast it went before it crashed. There was wind at all. I could clearly hear the drone flying like crazy with engine full speed towards the bush...

2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-10 05:45
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

No, here we have the answer. Look at the first lines of the flight record. You did not have a GPS link from the outset. The Spark took off in ATTI mode. I have never flown in ATTI mode myself until now but everyone here reports how difficult it is to control the AC in that condition. That speed is indicated as zero is not surprising because without GPS it can not be measured. For the same reason the flightlog does not show a map with the location what it would do if there had ever been a GPS link.

To be honest the only way to avoid your crash would have been to land immediately and wait for a stable GPS link or go to another place with stable GPS. Taking off without GPS was a very high risk and unfortunately it has ended bad for your Spark.

2017-11-10
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I would highly recommend you not try to fly your DJI drone when it is still in ATTI mode.  I always wait until there are at least 10 GPS satellites locked in with a good signal and it switches from ATTI mode to GPS mode before I try to fly my Spark.  I would highly recommend others to do the same.

While in ATTI mode, YOU are in 100% control of the flight (along with some help from the wind).  None of the software that DJI has developed for the drone can help to stabilize it until it is in GPS mode.  Most of us inexperienced pilots without practice flying "dumb" quadcopters will have a very difficult time trying to control it as you found out.
2017-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Hi Timoune
You took off in Atti mode no gps, so spark could not hold its position it responded to your stick movements which were throttle forward so spark started to climb you were also moving rudder causing aircraft to spin once in Atti mod and spinning it will move as soon as wind catches it and speed would be increased caused by propulsion when you were pushing rudder. You reached max height for aircraft at 16ft because Aircraft was in Atti mode so won’t go any higher, you did try to lower aircraft but at this stage I presume it was out of control and close to crashing.

As kloo Gee said you have no support from gps to hold position and if you have not flown without gps before a crash is most likely outcome.
2017-11-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Hi,

thanks for the comments, really helpful. But when I took off i had GPS locked on, and I lost them few seconds after the take off. Then I decided to bring back the drone because i know that this is dangerous in Atti mode. I really don´t get why the atti mode is on from the beginning of the flight in the log since I lost GPS signals few seconds after taking off...
2017-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-12 22:58
Hi,

thanks for the comments, really helpful. But when I took off i had GPS locked on, and I lost them few seconds after the take off. Then I decided to bring back the drone because i know that this is dangerous in Atti mode. I really don´t get why the atti mode is on from the beginning of the flight in the log since I lost GPS signals few seconds after taking off...

You need minimum of 6 satellites to fly your drone, your receiver is receiving two types of satellites gps and glonass you are not aware of which.
So the number of satellites you need before take of to be sure you will have good position is 11 which will give you at least 6 of one and 5 of the other, you could take off with say 10 satellites but you could be risking that you only have 5 of each which is not enough to fly safely.

Your Aircraft upon starting up will be in Atti mode until gps receiver locks on to enough satellites to be ready to fly in gps mode. It is crucial to a untroubled flight that you wait until you have enough gps to fly , this should be part of pilots preflight check.
2017-11-13
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-12 22:58
Hi,

I will concur with hallmark007.  Your logs clearly show you only ever had a maximum of 4 satellites connected and were in ATTI mode from the time you started your motors.  With only 4 satellites, the top of your DJI Go 4 screen would have been yellow and shown "ATTI" instead of being green and showing GPS when you have a sufficient number of satellites locked in.

2017-11-13
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

Timoune Posted at 2017-11-3 01:07
Hi,

I also got the exact same issue a week ago, I am glad to hear that this is a known issue.

Interesting, So if GopRo Karma has an issue like this its ok but DJI wont do anything cut stop it short if one of their flight records prove EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL  and  the aircraft has a power failure during flight unless its found and returned., if found.
I found about 30 people with this same manufacture defect which DJI and their trolls here are pretending they have no evidence off, the evidence lays in the remote alert, the last alerts indicate battery failure during flight, you will find that in all the threads mentioning this NO ONE in tehse forums will reply or comment at all because it is proof of a power failure during flight.
2018-1-24
Use props
fans2dedce65
New
Argentina

Hola, no puedo conectar mi spark al wifi. Me dice que la contraseña es inválida
2018-4-6
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

fansd8e80c3c Posted at 2017-7-22 07:53
Wow that's scary it goes full throttle away, question for DJI in this condition, press the pause the button could have avoided the crash? I read in other topics about someone whose drone was RTH in the wrong place (over a lake?) and he pressed pause to stop everything being able to prevent the damage

When my Spark flew away, I had absolutely no control over the aircraft from the remote controller. I also  remember explicitly pressing the pause button, and it did nothing.

I remain convinced that this sort of flyaway is due to an issue with the current version of the firmware.
2018-4-6
Use props
Spruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146952 ft
Poland

warrenski Posted at 2018-4-6 11:52
When my Spark flew away, I had absolutely no control over the aircraft from the remote controller. I also  remember explicitly pressing the pause button, and it did nothing.

I remain convinced that this sort of flyaway is due to an issue with the current version of the firmware.

Did you move the sticks? If the spark is in atti mode and being carried away by the wind pressing the pause button won't do anything. Can't pause the wind after all
2018-4-6
Use props
fansa27e6499
New

Spain

Hola, hace unos dias que quando quiero volar mi Spark en la aplicacion no me sale la imagen en directo del dron,  me slae todo negro.  Que passa?  Que tengo que hacer?
2018-10-21
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

fansa27e6499 Posted at 2018-10-21 23:52
Hola, hace unos dias que quando quiero volar mi Spark en la aplicacion no me sale la imagen en directo del dron,  me slae todo negro.  Que passa?  Que tengo que hacer?

Go back to DJI Go4 app version 4.1.15 (apkmirror) and it will work again. Don't forget to disable auto-update of the app.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_hLM4GVSQgg9n
lvl.1

Uruguay

Hola quizas me puedan ayudar mi dron spark no me marca la altura en la que se encuentra siempre me da 2 con algo o 3 y no sale de ahí siendo que está a una altura mayor . Espero una respuesta gracias
2020-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules