Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strong interference when using DJI Goggles with Mavic
2736 13 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

I've owned the DJI Goggles for about 1 week now and I am thinking about returning them due to some issues. While flying the Mavic with the DJI Goggles Im having strong interference and I will randomly lose connection with the Goggles and the RC. The drone will start to return to its home position since I lose the connection, but I am unable to get past 1,500 ft.

I'm flying my mavic over a lake, so there shouldnt be any interference, however, I took off the goggles and powered them down. Without the goggles I was able to fly over 2 miles instead of the 1,500 ft. I didn't even lose range either, I was just running out of battery.

I attached a picture of my flight log with the errors that appeared, and was able to reproduce them as well.

While using the DJI Goggles I've had very bad interference issues, so I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues. Does DJI have a comment on this?

Paused at the point where I lost connection.

Paused at the point where I lost connection.
2017-7-21
Use props
mattmac33
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issues. Very noticeable, I was within a few hundred feet of the controller and having the issue, and there is nothing abnormal that should be causing interference. Can you find anything about if this is going to be fixed?
2017-7-23
Use props
xffa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210912 ft
Brazil

Any update on this? I have had the same experience, strong interference at 1.5km with Goggles in a wide forrest area. 3.5km without the goggles in the next battery. I think using a cable would be better...
2017-8-28
Use props
xffa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210912 ft
Brazil

Ok rolled back from .1000 to .700 and interference is much less impacting. So what's the explanation? It any...
2017-9-10
Use props
Nicky_kudo
lvl.1
Indonesia

I am experiencing this too.. connection lost, can't RTH, can't control te mavic thru RC, low battery upthere in 100 mtr, so frustrating..
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dmurph, please tell me the following information:
1. The version of the drone, googles,app
2. Please provide the flight data to dropbox and post here
3.  The model of your mobile device
If other pilots have the same problem, please tell me more detail about it and provide the above information. Thanks.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Nicky_kudo Posted at 2017-9-13 22:29
I am experiencing this too.. connection lost, can't RTH, can't control te mavic thru RC, low battery upthere in 100 mtr, so frustrating..

Nicky, did you get any error message from your app? What about the GPS signal?
Please provide the flight data for us to locate the problem.
2017-9-14
Use props
Nicky_kudo
lvl.1
Indonesia

Well, i didn't capture the error message & the gos status.
the situation is very hectic, panic..
2017-9-14
Use props
Nicky_kudo
lvl.1
Indonesia

Nicky_kudo Posted at 2017-9-14 07:13
Well, i didn't capture the error message & the gos status.
the situation is very hectic, panic..

well, i didn't capture the error message & GPS status. The situation is very hactic, panic.
As long as i remember, the cronology is like this;
- i fly 3xx mtr height, trying the head tracking flight & gimbal
- the status in RC 'strong interference with aircraft'
- signal weak
- signal lost
- the RC asking RTH, i swipe OK, but nothing happened (twice)
- i tried to lower the mavic, not responding
- i switched off the goggles, hope it will get back to normal
- RC stil no signal
- signal weak
- i tried to lower the mavic, sometimes works
- at 130 mtr low battery
- signal on & off
- finally mavic landed safely

What an experience..
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

xffa Posted at 2017-8-28 20:10
Any update on this? I have had the same experience, strong interference at 1.5km with Goggles in a wide forrest area. 3.5km without the goggles in the next battery. I think using a cable would be better...

Xtffa, please provide the information at 6# so I can help you locate the problem. Thanks.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nicky_kudo Posted at 2017-9-14 07:40
well, i didn't capture the error message & GPS status. The situation is very hactic, panic.
As long as i remember, the cronology is like this;
- i fly 3xx mtr height, trying the head tracking flight & gimbal

Nicky, any interference around your drone? Did you try to change a place?
Please upload your data to dropbox for us to analyze. Thanks.
2017-9-15
Use props
GECHO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18504 ft
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-15 01:01
Nicky, any interference around your drone? Did you try to change a place?
Please upload your data to dropbox for us to analyze. Thanks.

I had the same problem and the distance on app suddenly was incorrect, while I was landing the drone it was uncontrollable. I really want to find out why this happened. I have tried to fly in this location more than 20 times.

Here is the link to the flight video log. I uploaded.

2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

GECHO Posted at 2018-4-9 09:00
I had the same problem and the distance on app suddenly was incorrect, while I was landing the drone it was uncontrollable. I really want to find out why this happened. I have tried to fly in this location more than 20 times.

Here is the link to the flight video log. I uploaded.

Thanks for your update. I would help you forward this video. Please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-4-9
Use props
Guido UAVC
New

Hi Pilots,
in my opinion its pretty normal. I fly only the low output EU version and of course the range is better w/o googles. But keep in mind you have to units working and spacing between is only 40-50cm. Interferences are normal in that case. And you have bought a hi-tech TOY, not an industrial solution. I can fly nearly a mile in open environment LOS while sitting in a closed van in winter w/o any problems. If I want some more I have to go outside 20m away from the car. I had also strong intererences but never loosing the RClink. In most cases moving antennas a bit or moving myself 2mtrs solved the problem.
Change your antennas on RCtransmitter. There are a few good ones (active + passive) on the market. This antennas have a direction so you have to "follow" your model.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules