Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mp4 files are tiny & corrupted
2422 14 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DB4MjrE
lvl.1
United States

I bought an Osmo a couple weeks ago, and took it on a trip this past week.  I shot a bunch of videos that are corrupted.  I have 192 files that are fine, but 42 won't play.  I tried using the file recovery processes recommended elsewhere on the forum, but they didn't work.  
The strange thing is that almost all the corrupted files are just about 2 MB each.  

I had noticed the same problem occasionally before I went on my trip, but thought I had been doing something wrong.  I'm using a different microSD card than I was at first.  The firmware is up to date.  

2017-7-21
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

I did a video shoot today using both an Osmo and an Osmo mobile with an iPhone 7.  Half of my videos are corrupted on both devices.  I'm using a high speed SD card in the Osmo, and who knows why the Mobile didn't work.  Since this was a commercial gig, I'm kinda screwed.  Anybody got a fix?  
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What SD card do you use? Have you tried the original SD card? If the videos still corrupted, please show the screenshot of firmware version in About. And upload several original videos to Dropbox and post the link here.
For Osmo Mobile, it may be just an coincidence, you can try to reinstall the DJI Go and close all programs in background when you take videos.
2017-7-24
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-24 02:01
What SD card do you use? Have you tried the original SD card? If the videos still corrupted, please show the screenshot of firmware version in About. And upload several original videos to Dropbox and post the link here.
For Osmo Mobile, it may be just an coincidence, you can try to reinstall the DJI Go and close all programs in background when you take videos.

I would love to upload the files from the SD card, but I can't.  I get:  The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “DJI_0012.MOV” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

I am using a San Disk Ultra 32 gig (formatted by the device) and a Samsung 64 gig Evo, also formatted by the device.  The files from my iPhone will not transfer from the phone.  Obviously, that has nothing to do with the SD card.  It has to do with the corrupt files.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonBishop Posted at 2017-7-24 20:17
I would love to upload the files from the SD card, but I can't.  I get:  The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “DJI_0012.MOV” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

Please keep updated on your own thread, I will follow up with you. Thanks.
2017-7-26
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 01:47
Please keep updated on your own thread, I will follow up with you. Thanks.

I've updated on my own thread, but got a whole bunch of silence.  So, I have formatted the SD card (again) and shot some short videos of the forest around my house.  Once again, I have corrupted files and I can not move them from the SD card to my hard drive or anywhere else.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonBishop Posted at 2017-8-7 08:58
I've updated on my own thread, but got a whole bunch of silence.  So, I have formatted the SD card (again) and shot some short videos of the forest around my house.  Once again, I have corrupted files and I can not move them from the SD card to my hard drive or anywhere else.

Don, I'm sorry that I failed to check your update in time.
This issue has been forwarded to our engineers who are making test to locate the problem, and will be updated in next firmware.
We apologize for the trouble that has been caused. Appreciate your patience for firmware updating.
2017-8-8
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-8 01:27
Don, I'm sorry that I failed to check your update in time.
This issue has been forwarded to our engineers who are making test to locate the problem, and will be updated in next firmware.
We apologize for the trouble that has been caused. Appreciate your patience for firmware updating.

Thanks.  I will keep an eye out for the update.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonBishop Posted at 2017-8-8 05:10
Thanks.  I will keep an eye out for the update.

Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans805306b0
New
Flight distance : 20292 ft
Italy

Hello, same problem here.
Osmo up to date, used with two devices (iPhone 6s & 7 Plus, both up to date). Own a Mavic Pro with no issue at all.
In the DJI Go app the cache files are visible without any problem but with low resolution.
As first I thought that there were the file viewed from the app but then I realized that I've visualized those files wile disconnected from the OSMO, so should not be the cause of the problem.
All the corrupted file are 2,1Mb and impossible to open them. They are a lot, and I've lost a lot of HD footage of my vacation and this is not good at all.

Tried the trick used for the files not completed (Cosmo powered off before ending the recording) but nothing changed.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansfad89997
New
United States

similar problem here:

several months now so far until today Cosmo + has worked great. Im also getting CORRUPTED FILES. out of 20 files( typically 4.2 GB size) 4 are corrupted their size: 6 MB average. it happened on two different sd cards 64 GB sandDisk Extreme V30 U3. I'm doing continues recording that  usually stops recording at 4.2GB and will restart recording automatically. I'm getting Corrupted files in between recording.

HELP
2017-8-12
Use props
Duc
New

Vietnam

I also have the problem like this. I take 150 files . the files from 1 to 100 can play and read, But the 101 file to 150 can not play and red. DJI pls help me
2017-8-13
Use props
Duc
New

Vietnam

I use DJI OSMO Plus for my trip and i take about 150 file ( MP4 and Picture ) . the file DJI001 to DJI100 i can play on the computer. But from the file DJI101 to DJI 150 i can not read. Some one pls help me. I us SD card SAMSUNG 32 G EVO
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Duc Posted at 2017-8-13 02:59
I use DJI OSMO Plus for my trip and i take about 150 file ( MP4 and Picture ) . the file DJI001 to DJI100 i can play on the computer. But from the file DJI101 to DJI 150 i can not read. Some one pls help me. I us SD card SAMSUNG 32 G EVO

We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties, we have been aware of this problem and our engineers are trying their best to locate the problem and get it fixed, we would appreciate your patience.
2017-8-14
Use props
Muhammad Mukarramah
New
Malaysia

Same issue here...any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules