7531 55 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having the most fun with the Panoramic shooting mode. Getting some really good results, especially yesterday afternoon with the storm clouds. Would love to have this shooting mode on my P4P but the final image would be massive - 9 shots stitched together at 20MP per shot......Huuuuge.
2017-7-22
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe not a toy, but nowhere ne the class of the Mavic.  To quote a DJI Tech (see screenshot), "No matter what people want the Spark to be, its a wifi selie drone".
Selfie.JPG
2017-7-23
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Lebanon

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-23 02:52
Maybe not a toy, but nowhere ne the class of the Mavic.  To quote a DJI Tech (see screenshot), "No matter what people want the Spark to be, its a wifi selie drone".

This should close any argument I guess

Combine this honest remark with DJI's engineers explanation of occusync and you will quickly understand the difference against the mavic is far greater than the 300$ suggest
2017-7-23
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Lebanon

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-23 02:52

Combine this honest remark with DJI's engineers explanation of occusync and you will quickly understand the difference against the mavic is far greater than the 300$ suggest
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

here's my thoughts
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

here's my thoughts...i bought the spark FMC ...THEN! i found this forum and read all the horror stories..i could have cried and if i could of cancelled my order i would have done but it had been dispatched..but what a big mistake that would have been.i am overjoyed with my spark..its just perfect fun..yeah there are a few small issues like gesture control not perfect but all else is good.go ahead and buy it ;)
2017-7-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

HamdiR Posted at 2017-7-23 05:26

I was very aware of what I was buying.  I could have bought a Mavic and will buy the sequel, but for the time being I wanted a small drone with a decent camera and a tiny footprint.  I feel like I got what I payed for.  It allows me to shoot my particular interests and does so in a non polarizing way.  It's not a toy, it's just a specific tool for a specific task.
2017-7-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-7-23 06:37
I was very aware of what I was buying.  I could have bought a Mavic and will buy the sequel, but for the time being I wanted a small drone with a decent camera and a tiny footprint.  I feel like I got what I payed for.  It allows me to shoot my particular interests and does so in a non polarizing way.  It's not a toy, it's just a specific tool for a specific task.

I agree...I own multiple DJI platforms, thus I knew the Spark had its limitations.  With that said, I didn't expect to have WIFI issues especially since there are a zillion other drones that use WIFI connections and have nowhere near the amount of issues as the Spark.  It is like WIFI is some sort of new technology.   I also thing the the Spark basic package should have included a RC with a price of $399.
2017-7-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

HamdiR Posted at 2017-7-22 04:31
i understand the matter of the mavic threatening look, i dont understand why DJI chose this look, its cool but not friendly

however i dont undestand why you keep yours at home, the mavic when closed is smaller than the spark

My Mavic is in the bigger GPC case and that case is much bigger than the GPC case for the Spark, which means it would take up too much space in my hatch.

The Mavic was my first quadcopter and at the investment I have in my whole Mavic Kit, I don't want to keep it in the car.  While the Mavic is certainly easy to fly, it is a bigger $$$ investment than the Spark was.

I had no intention of buying the Spark . . . Until I saw the product intro in NYC.  I saw the size of the Spark and knew it would be my "oh crap, I wish I'd have brought my Mavic"  saving moment.  

It's always available to me where the Mavic isn't, and if something happens to the Spark, it's not as big a loss as losing the Mavic would be.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-21 18:15
I suppose I am 'biased' as you say and I am also attempting to not be insulted by your statement. The fact is... I am posting here because I have real problems with the Spark failing to operate properly and it is fair to say the others posting here also have real documented failures of the product. This is not even mentioning other customers who are not posting about their troubles here.

My question then is: How do you justify that our documented problems are somehow inconsequential when compared to total units shipped? That is a bit of a tone deaf statement considering the seriousness of the failures presented to DJI on this forum and the lack of a solid DJI reponse to fix them.

I appreciate your input. I in no way wanted to imply that anyone having issues with a spark should be swept under the rug.
2017-7-24
Use props
juxtapose7
New
Flight distance : 161 ft
United States

I bought one recently, and the first time i flew it, it flew away. I've yet to hear back from the support team. This has been the biggest headache of my life
2017-7-24
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

I agree that DJI's comments are way off base.  In all honetly I had issues with mine until I figured out where to calibrate the compas/gps (Naza Dance).  I personally feel that DJI tried to make this the everybody drone and make it as simple to fly as possible and because of this they skipped having the new owners do the naza dance which has always been a bit of a pain.  however I think that if everyone did a imu calibration and a naza dance as soon as they got theirs Sparks 75% of the flyaways would not have occured.  
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

spark isn't a toy, its as much of a toy as a Mavic pro is.    that being said it has its limitations that keep it from the insane capabilities of the Mavic.  i do wish at $500 it came with the RC, even if it did not include any extras, just same as $499 package is now + remote, and lower price of spark standard to $399 or $349.     i paid for the fly more package, i am slightly disappointed in it, but only slightly.  

my biggest disappointments comes from "early adopter syndrome" as i call it.   the spark is definitely going to have issues this early on, even the mavic had issues early in its life.  will it be improved, yes, yes yes.. i think DJI is more than listening to us.  do i think these fixes will put it on level with Mavic pro?  i think it truly depends on the use case more than anything. but if you're looking for what is the ultimate expression in drones at this very moment, Mavic pro is better option.   if all you want is a drone to cross a short neighborhood or buzz around a park for fun, spark is pretty good.  

people need to stop comparing it to the mavic, i know it is extremely hard to avoid doing given the mavic is like its big brother.  neither are toys, both are very capable.

just remember, "early adopter syndrome" that comes with things like the DJI spark.   i think signal range can and will improve in future updates, i think all tracking and drifting issues will be ironed out in the future as well, i think DJI will adding more safe fall backs to it as well to help prevent fly aways or limit their distance or something.  battery life im not super sure, but i think battery life can be figured out, 16 minutes rated = about 14 minutes of use, that's pretty good but im sure DJI could implement a battery range mode that disables certain features (with warnings to accept first) and allows for a longer run time without compromising that sexy smooth and stable flying at least that much.  
2017-7-24
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-24 09:51
spark isn't a toy, its as much of a toy as a Mavic pro is.    that being said it has its limitations that keep it from the insane capabilities of the Mavic.  i do wish at $500 it came with the RC, even if it did not include any extras, just same as $499 package is now + remote, and lower price of spark standard to $399 or $349.     i paid for the fly more package, i am slightly disappointed in it, but only slightly.  

my biggest disappointments comes from "early adopter syndrome" as i call it.   the spark is definitely going to have issues this early on, even the mavic had issues early in its life.  will it be improved, yes, yes yes.. i think DJI is more than listening to us.  do i think these fixes will put it on level with Mavic pro?  i think it truly depends on the use case more than anything. but if you're looking for what is the ultimate expression in drones at this very moment, Mavic pro is better option.   if all you want is a drone to cross a short neighborhood or buzz around a park for fun, spark is pretty good.  

Fairly well said...I just feel sorry for the "early adopters" that purchased this as their first drone and expected it to perform like it did it the promo videos.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-24 09:59
Fairly well said...I just feel sorry for the "early adopters" that purchased this as their first drone and expected it to perform like it did it the promo videos.

ya same...i do wish it worked like promo videos, its a good selling point and it does crack the selfie drone market wide open if it worked well.   but i been telling people that its not behaving like all the dji sponsored ads or all the people that got a freebie from DJI to do them a solid and review it positively.  and if they want a spark for the size and the fun, to wait a few months... probably early fall most of the issues should be fixed and it will be a really fun drone to actually use.

2017-7-24
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-24 08:26
I appreciate your input. I in no way wanted to imply that anyone having issues with a spark should be swept under the rug.

Thank you. There is enough frustration already with the Sparks that are not performing as expected.
My expectation is still that DJI will fix all of these issues and make things right with users who have experienced failures resulting in damage or loss.
I only hope DJI is transparent about the failures and fixes in order to boost our confidence in the product.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules