Deep Cycling Remote?
656 4 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Is it needed? I remember sometime last summer I drained the remote completely until it shut off. Right now the remote is at 16%. Should I drain it completely again?
2017-7-21
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Cabralkev, while it is that low, it sure would not hurt to drain it  to zero and recharge. I'm also going to do that before I recharge my remote. Safety First! Ken.
2017-7-21
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Highasakite Posted at 2017-7-21 18:15
Cabralkev, while it is that low, it sure would not hurt to drain it  to zero and recharge. I'm also going to do that before I recharge my remote.  Safety First! Ken.

I would assume the battery in the remote is 'smart' just as the batteries to the Inspire 1? It's been a year since I drained the remote anyhow. I think it needs a deep cycle. Time to let the thing sit and drain itself until it shuts off. Let the waiting game begin
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-7-21 18:56
I would assume the battery in the remote is 'smart' just as the batteries to the Inspire 1? It's been a year since I drained the remote anyhow. I think it needs a deep cycle.  Time to let the thing sit and drain itself until it shuts off. Let the waiting game begin

Cabralkev, it would be better to maintenance the RC battery as well like intelligent battery.
A deep cycle will be a good choice after a long time using.
2017-7-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The remote battery functions at a low current load unlike flight batteries. This gentle draw makes for longer battery life so I don't agree that you need deep discharges. Perhaps down to 30% will work. What you shouldn't do is to top up after a series of short flights. No need to and keeping LiPo batteries in a constant state of hi charge isn't good for them.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules