iPad Unsupported?
1306 15 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

So, I just went and dropped $2,000.00 on a Inspire 1 v2.0 - dealt with the worst customer service (DJI) ever...and now, to top it off - my current iPad Mini isn't supported? What gives...!?

Is it true, the iPad mini is no longer supported? I tried to upgrade the controller firmware and it Failed...
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, what iPad Mini are you using, Mini 2 or Mini 3? Could you please provide more details about the upgrade issue? Have you got any error code? We'd like to help.
2017-7-21
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

I have the 32gb iPad mini 2. When I did the upgrade it went to 100% then said failed. Then the current version went to -- and it didn't let me upgrade again, when I clicked Start Upgrade nothing happened.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

My iPad Air 2 used to handle GO last summer, but now is beginning to break up video feed.  It's tech is just too old to keep up with GO 4's evolution.

Time for both you and I to upgrade to a new iPad Pro A10X model I guess if we want it to work well for another year or two.  Most all the recommend devices on the DJI list are seriously lagging now and should be removed, imho.

2017-7-22
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

I was just coming back to report that I got everything upgraded.

I get the drone in the air, flying great then suddenly I start getting image transmission feed issues?
2017-7-22
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

LevitatedMedia, first set your r/c antenna straight up and parallel with each other then  try flying in an area that is open and clear of trees & buildings then gain some altitude 100 or 200 ft. AGL. then fly away from yourself , keep in line of sight. You should see an improvement. I have used the mini ipad for the last 3 yrs with NO problems at all Keep it clean keep it updated to the latest IOS and you should be fine. Safety First! Ken.
2017-7-22
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-7-22 10:00
LevitatedMedia, first set your r/c antenna straight up and parallel with each other then  try flying in an area that is open and clear of trees & buildings then gain some altitude 100 or 200 ft. AGL. then fly away from yourself , keep in line of sight. You should see an improvement. I have used the mini ipad for the last 3 yrs with NO problems at all Keep it clean keep it updated to the latest IOS and you should be fine. Safety First! Ken.

Thanks Ken, I will give this a try.

I went ahead and attempted some trouble shooting myself. I keep getting the CPU Overheated error and that's when the video feed begins to cut. I decided to test out if it's actually overheated, ran my trucks AC on high with it blasting the iPad...no video issues.

I may look into supplemental cooling.
2017-7-23
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-23 08:05
Thanks Ken, I will give this a try.

I went ahead and attempted some trouble shooting myself. I keep getting the CPU Overheated error and that's when the video feed begins to cut. I decided to test out if it's actually overheated, ran my trucks AC on high with it blasting the iPad...no video issues.

Don't fall for the BS , you will need to buy a new iPad Pro if you want your drone to fly...
Standing on your head while rubbing your tummy and chewing gum will not do a damn thing to fix the problem DJI created.
2017-7-23
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-23 08:11
Don't fall for the BS , you will need to buy a new iPad Pro if you want your drone to fly...
Standing on your head while rubbing your tummy and chewing gum will not do a damn thing to fix the problem DJI created.

Interesting response.

I went out today, no issues until the iPad got to a higher temp. As soon as I introduced cold air (vehicle air conditioning) I had no problems.

I guess I don't need to rub or chew anything.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-23 11:38
Interesting response.

I went out today, no issues until the iPad got to a higher temp. As soon as I introduced cold air (vehicle air conditioning) I had no problems.

When the mobile device gets hot, there will be a message popping up that CPU overloaded, it's a new feature of APP, please avoid putting the RC and mobile device in sunlight, and you can also mount Monitor Hood if it's necessary.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-22 05:40
My iPad Air 2 used to handle GO last summer, but now is beginning to break up video feed.  It's tech is just too old to keep up with GO 4's evolution.

Time for both you and I to upgrade to a new iPad Pro A10X model I guess if we want it to work well for another year or two.  Most all the recommend devices on the DJI list are seriously lagging now and should be removed, imho.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will forward to our engineer to update the compatible list.
2017-7-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-23 11:38
Interesting response.

Dude you missed the boat.... The new iPad Pro does not get hot in the shade or sun. Oh yeah DJI designed the app and firmware upgrade to work with your old iPad in the comfort of your air conditioned car and I'm sure your RC signal was working great....

Hell it's the internet I knew there was a fix..
2017-7-24
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-24 06:28
Dude you missed the boat.... The new iPad Pro does not get hot in the shade or sun. Oh yeah DJI designed the app and firmware upgrade to work with your old iPad in the comfort of your air conditioned car and I'm sure your RC signal was working great....

Hell it's the internet I knew there was a fix..

No boat missed, I can swim my friend.

All I am getting at is, if the last firmware version did not cause this issue then it doesn't mean that there is a force to make me go out and get the fancy new iPad Pro. While it would be ideal and a business move, it is not one I am going to make right now. Hell... I can purchase a Crystal Sky monitor for the same price as a iPad Pro and continue to use my mini as a mobile business tool.

To each his/her own, I am simply thinking that DJI needs to consider looking at the firmware because they're going to start losing some business if people are forced to go out for the new iPad... Hard pill to swallow at over $800.00.
2017-7-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-24 11:21
No boat missed, I can swim my friend.

All I am getting at is, if the last firmware version did not cause this issue then it doesn't mean that there is a force to make me go out and get the fancy new iPad Pro. While it would be ideal and a business move, it is not one I am going to make right now. Hell... I can purchase a Crystal Sky monitor for the same price as a iPad Pro and continue to use my mini as a mobile business tool.

Did you feel the breeze as that went over your head ?

The new app did cause the issue, not "if".
2017-7-24
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-24 15:47
Did you feel the breeze as that went over your head ?

The new app did cause the issue, not "if".

You're right, I apologize. The new firmware update did cause this issue however I believe that DJI should make it right by the customers and either fix the firmware issue or offer a statement stating that any Apple device not running the A10x chip is now considered outdated.
2017-7-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Exactly ...best thing DJI could do is make an dedicated inspire 2 app without all the junk added.
Who invested $10k for a flyin selfy stick.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules