UK Government - Planned mandatory registration and training
700 1 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

Per the title, the UK Government has announced plans for mandatory registration and safety training for owning and operating drones above 250g or 8oz.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40684581

DJI announces its support of these measures.

2017-7-21
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

There is no time frame for this , hey its the UK, but when introduced all drones more than 250g will need to be registered with the CAA and all owners will have to udnertake an online safety test. Sounds as full of holes as a Swiss cheese to me. I fully support registration and a test, but it needs to be arranged such that those taking the etst will eb those flying. Otherwise this is just another excuse to make money for the government, as if they need one anyway. This is apparently separate from the PfCO for commerical drone pilots.
There is also talk of electronic tagging of drones so that they can be identified and fined if necessary. Will it be retrospective? I doubt it. How will it cover second hand sales?  Lots of questions and no answers. Undoubtedy there will be an expensive committee enquiring into this who will think about it for a year or two. It will not stop those who want to break the rules as I can hardly see those supplying drugs to prisons registering their drones!
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules