Oops * Now with video *
1610 22 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

So, I saw a vehicle turn off of the highway onto my private road that goes to my well.  It is a bit of a rough road, so not many people try it.  But I have had a couple of times where someone messed with my well, so I have a camera trained in that direction.  When I saw this vehicle, I was just about to go outside to fly my Phantom anyway, so instead of driving over in my truck, I sent the Phantom.  I would love to post the video here, but I am afraid the mods, or some of the more prudish members would take exception to the 1/2 second or so of possible nudity.  But you should have seen the mad scramble.  Apparently, they were planning a lovers tryst.  They had a blanket on the ground and were setting up camp.  Until they heard the Phantom.  The woman jumped into the back of the SUV pretty quick.  The man threw the blanket over his head as he scrambled to load up the rest of their stuff.  He left it over his head until he got in the car, and away they went.  I followed them out to the highway, because until I reviewed the video I was not sure what was going on, and I wanted to get the license plate number.  Which I did.  Zoomed in and sharpened up it is readable.
If I had known they were in an emergency situation, I would have let them be.  It is a nice spot for a quickie, after all.
I get the feeling they were not married.  At least, not to each other.  
Just thought I would share this story, because it was pretty funny.

2017-7-21
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

2017-7-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kneepuck,

You have the best Phantom stories!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

so your software playing up
2017-7-22
Use props
Edman32
lvl.1
United States

Post video please.
2017-7-22
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Playing away from home on your land.....You should charge admission, Lol
2017-7-22
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Thats a pretty good story, deserves some good laughter.
2017-7-22
Use props
smig
lvl.2
United Kingdom

please post hahaha
2017-7-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

So, the ultimate would be to get an address that ties in with the license plate number and send them a copy of the footage.....
2017-7-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-22 14:51
So, the ultimate would be to get an address that ties in with the license plate number and send them a copy of the footage.....

After looking at the video, I realize you cant really see any of the interesting fleshy bits, so I decided to post it.  Here it is:

2017-7-22
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

That is actually quite funny. If you have been a bit later they may well have been preoccupied and not noticed you flying above.
2017-7-22
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2

United States

Almost looked like after he got in and settled, he sent you the #1 salute, not real clear, maybe, maybe not. at any rate funny.
And what a comfortable plush location they picked.
Think I saw that location in a roadrunner cartoon.
2017-7-22
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Singapore

Gvt put NFZ.. why not to this also under "NF*Z"?? Lol...LMAO
2017-7-22
Use props
Bracco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Ahahhaha
2017-7-23
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2

United States

Gvt put NFZ.. why not to this also under "NF*Z"?? Lol...LMAO

Ahahhaha

I'm with both you.  This has turned into a gut buster.
2017-7-23
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Maybe I should have named the video "Dronus Interruptus".
2017-7-23
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The sound of the drone must have been the last thing they expected, I think it's safe to say they will never be back!
2017-7-23
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-7-23 10:58
The sound of the drone must have been the last thing they expected, I think it's safe to say they will never be back!

You are probably correct.  The thing is, had I known their purpose for being there, I would have let them be.  I understand emergency situations.  But having had people there before who interfered with my water well, it seems prudent to keep an eye on things.  And the Phantom did a very good job at that.
2017-7-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Emergency situation? Hmm.. perhaps he was married and she was underaged.. that would create a real emergency.. when u gotta go, u gotta go... ;)
2017-7-23
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Singapore

Phantomski Posted at 2017-7-23 16:12
Emergency situation? Hmm.. perhaps he was married and she was underaged.. that would create a real emergency.. when u gotta go, u gotta go... ;)

actually they can let it go inside the car...by F in the NF*Z its dangerous while rattle snake and other insects might CRAWL in...thats why the land authority should also put a NF*Z in these area..its safer and more comfy and not under the hot sun esp.
If its a Gvt Authorize Drone flying there for rounding....wouldnt they be the limelight on the day news? LOL
2017-7-23
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, they didn't scream "Privacy"
2017-7-24
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice bit of land you have there Kneepuck.
After closely viewing the video, several times, I think that their air con was out. You should have done the right thing and went in lower so the blades cooled them down. Actually I think you cooled them down quite nicely.
2017-7-25
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Did you attach loudspeakers to your Phantom and played the Ride of the Valkyries?
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules