Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UK Government to bring in Registration and Safety Course.
548 2 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It has been on Sky News this morning that the UK Government is to bring in a new registration program and safety course for drone users. This is as a result of far too many airport near misses, thanks to dooshbags showing no regard for the basic rules laid down by the CAA. There was also mention of there being no registration rquired for smaller drones or quadcopters - FPV Racing Quads probably. Thinking of this, they would probably do more harm seen as they are carbon fibre framed and not composite plastic, like the most are. In my view a racing quad would do more damage seen as they are a harder shell and a lot faster.
I thought it would only be a matter of time before something along these lines was brought in.

Myself, I have no issues with this as I tend to stay with the guidelines set down. Yes, there are times when you just need that extra altitude for a few shots, especially with the Spark's Pano mode but am interested in the thoughts of other UK pilots out there.  

2017-7-21
Use props
fans99fba624
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes ive seen this too and i think its a good idea because there are too many people doing illegal flying eg.airports and prisons but in reality its like gun laws people that want to use them for ilegal activity do not register and buy off the grid ....will things change ....i think not
2017-7-22
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So true. The official line on this, as I have just read, is that it will only effect the legal and normal drone pilots and not the dooshbags who don't bother. I don't really like the idea of my Phantom or Spark being tracked though. Lets just hope they make it easy to register and make it a free service. If they don't then droves of people will just not bother at all and risk getting caught.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules