Ireland

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40684581
2017-7-22
Use props
PyramidHead76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8530 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm... I'm not inherently against the idea, but the devil's in the details. If it's £100 for a course, test and registration then a lot of people just won't bother, especially for a 300g /£500 Spark...
2017-7-22
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Just not enough information at the moment but agreed some compulsory course at a physical 'centre' for a 300g/£500 spark seems like it could be a hassle to far for many. i hope they see sense and make it an e-learning course and test.
2017-7-22
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Taken from the linked report...
"There is no time frame or firm plans as to how the new rules will be enforced and the Department of Transport admitted that "the nuts and bolts still have to be ironed out".

Nothing has changed, no new changes in the regulations !

We can all speculate on what the future holds, but its just that, speculation....
2017-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PyramidHead76 Posted at 2017-7-22 02:46
Hmm... I'm not inherently against the idea, but the devil's in the details. If it's £100 for a course, test and registration then a lot of people just won't bother, especially for a 300g /£500 Spark...

It is a good thing I believe, I don't think registration will be expensive, I also think for hobbyists test may very well be done online.
This move will be more about users being aware of safety privacy and general dos and don'ts , and when test is done you will probably be in some sort of category of user.
I think it's overall positive, usually Ireland will follow closely to what uk is doing although we have already registration I think test will come here as well.
2017-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Harbourside Posted at 2017-7-22 03:31
Taken from the linked report...
"There is no time frame or firm plans as to how the new rules will be enforced and the Department of Transport admitted that "the nuts and bolts still have to be ironed out".

In order to get people to register you may see restrictions on those who don't, so maybe certain limits of distance or height until test is done.

I think in the future we might see commercial drones for commercial users and same drone but with restrictions for hobbyists.
So if your using a commercial Mavic you will need a commercial licence, and hobbyists Mavic a different form of license or approved test. We shall see.

2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules