Battery/spark temperature
1874 5 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JsMtciK
lvl.1

United States

Hello,everyone i have one question, i noticed when i have my spark turned on on the ground for about 3 minutes or so adjusting my settings on the app or
Flying for that matter the battery/drone gets very hot, is that normal? On the dji app battery settings goes between 35c and 38c when is just turned on on the ground, does any body knows if thats normal temperature?
2017-7-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

35-38 Celsius is normal I would say. Also, I am the guy who has been writing threads about falling Spark recently. If you read my last thread with conclusion, I did explain the reason why it is not the overheat issue that we are dealing with.
Also, put myself in the shoes of the programmer, if the Spark got overheat, I would program Spark to warn the pilot first, then landing slowly. There is no way a programmer would let the drone got overheat and suddently cut off the power on the sky. So... I believe heat is not your threat, don't worry
2017-7-22
Use props
Dracowing14
lvl.1

Canada

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-22 04:31
35-38 Celsius is normal I would say. Also, I am the guy who has been writing threads about falling Spark recently. If you read my last thread with conclusion, I did explain the reason why it is not the overheat issue that we are dealing with.
Also, put myself in the shoes of the programmer, if the Spark got overheat, I would program Spark to warn the pilot first, then landing slowly. There is no way a programmer would let the drone got overheat and suddently cut off the power on the sky. So... I believe heat is not your threat, don't worry

i've heard that the batteries wont charge as well until it cools down.
2017-7-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Dracowing14 Posted at 2017-7-22 05:38
i've heard that the batteries wont charge as well until it cools down.

yes, it is correct, it won't charge if too hot
2017-7-22
Use props
djiuser_JsMtciK
lvl.1

United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-22 04:31

Oh okay, sounds good then, thanks!
2017-7-22
Use props
djiuser_JsMtciK
lvl.1

United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-22 05:41
yes, it is correct, it won't charge if too hot

Okay good to know, thanks!
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced