Final Cut Pro and helicopters
2109 17 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I downloaded the trial version to see if I like this software and am going through the Apple training course for it.  The software is great.  But what I found interesting is all the video and audio for the course is of this helicopter pilot who does areial photography.  In addition to the professional cam mounted underneath his heli, he has a go-pro mounted to look out the windshield on the passenger side.  Surprising how good the GoPro footage appears next to the pro stuff in the edits.

2015-3-22
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Wow, well forget casual conversation.
2015-3-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Back when I started learning FCP the sample footage was from a swing dance video.....times change I guess!

The program appears to have gotten much easier to use. Back then the manual was as thick as the Bible.
2015-3-26
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been uasing FCP for years now. Yes the program is very easy to use now. Here is a video I shot with my Phantom 2 + and edited with FCP.
2015-3-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

With that music and the industrial area it seems very apocalyptic.  Nice video.

Did the jet scare you?  It seems very loud.
2015-3-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-3-26 21:36
Back when I started learning FCP the sample footage was from a swing dance video.....times change I  ...

I am glad it is not a swing dance video.  These clips for the course are actually pretty good.  Well, after you edit them.  I really like the software and can't believe I have never used it before.  I think I missed my calling - everything seems to just fall into place.
2015-3-26
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

Hong Kong

I got a gopro too. New to FCP. I was told FCP X support more camera models that you can import clips from camera directly without rending. In this case is FCP 7 or FCPX better for a gopro? Thank you!
2015-6-1
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-3-27 00:37
I have been uasing FCP for years now. Yes the program is very easy to use now. Here is a video I sho ...

Wow based on the shadow yo u were so close to an airport.  Interesting video though.

Thanks
2015-6-2
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-6-3 02:20
Wow based on the shadow yo u were so close to an airport.  Interesting video though.

Thanks

I was about 7 miles away from the airport. It was more the angle of the sun in the sky to cast the shadow and I did fly low even though I was out of the no fly zone. The bridge you see in the video is about 375 feet tall. And some times when the they come in for a landing they fly over the bridge. They do look a lot lower than they really are when they come over. I was on one when we came in for a landing and from what I could tell we were at least 400 feet over the 375 foot tall bridge.
2015-6-2
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-27 01:46
With that music and the industrial area it seems very apocalyptic.  Nice video.

Did the jet scare y ...

Thank you nrgwise. No the jet did not scare me. I live not far from that location. They are up higher than it seems. The sound in the video is just a sound effect.
2015-6-2
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-6-3 02:52
Thank you nrgwise. No the jet did not scare me. I live not far from that location. They are up hig ...

Hi, I thought you did a great job of the video, and the thing I like is seeing where you guys live.  Ian (UK)
2015-6-2
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-3 07:08
Hi, I thought you did a great job of the video, and the thing I like is seeing where you guys live ...

Thank moxy149. That was the first time I took it out that far. Did not have it that long. If you have any videos or pictures posted I would like to see them.
2015-6-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-26 09:56
Wow, well forget casual conversation.

I was looking over Final Cut and it looks like it is Apple only? I've always heard Apple is the way to go for graphics and video. My PC is a PC......so not sure if they make it for Windows.
2015-6-2
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-3 10:16
I was looking over Final Cut and it looks like it is Apple only? I've always heard Apple is the wa ...

Yes, Apple only.
2015-6-3
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

For people looking for a very easy to use video editor, I've always loved Sony Vegas.  I've used FCP and I do use After Effects for creating special effects, but when it comes to easy cutting of drone video, run some simple color correction and add music and transitions, nothing does it faster than Vegas.
2015-6-3
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-6-3 08:08
Thank moxy149. That was the first time I took it out that far. Did not have it that long. If you h ...

Ok I will post a couple of videos as soon as I can.  Regards  Ian.
2015-6-3
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thank moxy149. That was the first time I took it out that far. Did not have it that long. If you h ...

Hi again, If you go on YouTube and search DJI Sierra 55 you should get my video masterpieces. They are all mundane and  a little boring, but hey you have to start somewhere.  Any problems let me know and I will post the links.  Regards  Ian.
2015-6-3
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Wayne, glad you liked the videos, and thanks for the comments.  If I do any more half decent videos I will post them on YouTube, and put the links on here.  Happy flying, good weather, and take care.  Ian.
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules