4133 89 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why is everyone talking about IMU calibration?
It's never been required after a firmware update and still not mentioned by DJI in their firmware update instructions.
2017-7-22
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-22 21:52
It's never been required after a firmware update and still not mentioned by DJI in their firmware update instructions.

One of the DJI reps is telling people to do an IMU calibration whenever they mention the instability problem.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha HomePoint,

Mine is 07DDD4Q.  No problems.  The firmware update went flawlessly (3 batteries).  But, my DJI GO 4 does not save waypoint missions for P4 and P4 Pro and has not for a while now.

Assistant 2 on a PC.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 08:39
4P lot. All the issues. Every time I fly I discover a new one. I am forward to find a flight video from people who say that has no issues. By the moment I only find people talking to a camera saying "hey I have no issues", videos of sort and soft flights (or P4s settled in the sky like a tripod camera) with the owner explaining: "I have no flight issues" or "horizon tilt issue fixed....,you see, no issues". I've flown 14 batteries after the firmware update, testing all the solutions posted in the forums, I've sent the data logs to DJI, I've posted some videos to show the problems I've found. Everything with two purposes: 1.-To find a solution. 2.-To prevent people who haven't update yet from doing so.
I really appreciate your aim to find a common denominator in the hardware or in the updating process, that could help to find a solution. I have very few hopes because I believe that the problem is the firmware itself (with an small hope pointing to the no IMU calibration).

Aloha Pareja,

What is the beginning of your serial number for your P4 aircraft.  Inside the battery bay.  Mine is 075554Q.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

07DDD2M

Unstable/shaking flight . . . and my remote controller only charges to 3 lights since the update.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-7-22 10:14
Sorry, what part of , I don't have a flight issue do you not understand. I have flown it hard on the updated firmware and its fine, I've recorded the footage and only occasionally I get glitches from the video feed

Aloha fans1f,

That is also true with my P4.  What is the beginning of your aircraft serial number.  Mine is 07DDD4Q.  Just inside the battery compartment.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-22 11:00
This is VERY interesting, because he did it wrong (according to the DJI photos), but like I said, it would seem in the second to the last step DJI wants you to totally rotate and flip the drone that is opposite every other calibration. Where he just leaned it back, which makes more sense.

Aloha Aerial,

Also of interest is that those with P4 aircraft serial numbers beginning with 07DDD seem to be having no problems.  (NOT TRUE)  Reports of many 07DDD having problems.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-22 21:52

I did it after I got an IMU redundancy switch error after I spun the motors up for the first time after the firmware update. Haven't seen it since, thankfully!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jester Posted at 2017-7-22 11:45
Some really good info coming in especially in regards to the IMU calibration techniques. I have seen some of the serial numbers between 3 & 7 not having issues and then Pakawan with 07DJDCE that is having issues. The serial numbers/production dates may not have anything to do with the issues but it would be a good way to eliminate some possibilities.

Aloha Jester,

So far I have not seen a serial number beginning with 07DDD having problems.  (NOT TRUE)  Many 07DDD having problems.  Mine is 07DDD4Q, no problems.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-22 12:30
Mine starts with 07DDD55 and grounded right now with buggy firmware.

Aloha wangrin,

Well, you just blew my theory.  I thought the P4s with s/n starting with 07DDD were not having problems.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  Mine is 07DDD4Q, no problems.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-22 12:39
Hi,
Mine is 07DDD4J - firmware v02.00.0106 - bug with unstabile flight and shaking.

Aloha Icer,

Well, you just blew my theory to.  I thought the P4s with s/n starting with 07DDD were not having problems.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  Mine is 07DDD4Q, no problems.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Driller35 Posted at 2017-7-22 21:35
07DDD7H, no problems after updating and flew without IMU calibration , did IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration as i always had camera bobbing around when pointed straight down and fixed now, also noticed that my Samsung tablet not getting heated up like before (actually shutdown on me once on old firmware app 1.80, went thru two RCs, battery charging issues and i strongly belive the 1.80 the problem ) hope they can get this sorted out quickly for the ones experiencing troubles

Aloha Driller,

Same with me.  No problems.  S/N 07DDD4Q.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
madbushranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 929196 ft
Australia

07DDD4B - IMU calibration following update via Mac - No problems here. Fixed the dreaded titled horizon and altitude drops.
2017-7-22
Use props
Snap-man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8770 ft
South Africa

Mine is 07DDE330R
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 22:24
Aloha Pareja,

What is the beginning of your serial number for your P4 aircraft.  Inside the battery bay.  Mine is 075554Q.

Aloha Cetacean, the serial number beginning is 07DDD4P
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 23:24

Aloha Pareja,

Well, my theory on the 07DDD__ S/N went bust.  Does not fit.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jester Posted at 2017-7-22 06:57
That's good to hear, can you take a look at your serial number as well and see if it is in the 5R lot? I didn't have any video issues during these flights

Aloha Jester,

What about a test with Litchi?  Maybe the new firmware and DJI GO 4 have an issue for some but Litchi may not?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 00:19
Aloha Pareja,

Well, my theory on the 07DDD__ S/N went bust.  Does not fit.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I go on thinking that the problem is the firmware itself. Too many changes in the same update, too much for the hardware.
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 23:24

Aloha Pareja,

Yeah, well, there goes my theory!  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-23 00:27
I go on thinking that the problem is the firmware itself. Too many changes in the same update, too much for the hardware.

Aloha Pareja,

Hey, that may be something.  What you are saying is why DJI had to separate the DJI GO off from the new DJI GO 4 app.  It could be that the flight algorithms have gotten too complex for the older devices.

BTW, have you noticed any points made about Android vs iOS devices having that problem?  My device is a nVidia Shield K1.  You may be on to something.  We need to explore this.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 02:11
Aloha Pareja,

Hey, that may be something.  What you are saying is why DJI had to separate the DJI GO off from the new DJI GO 4 app.  It could be that the flight algorithms have gotten too complex for the older devices.

I fly with an iPad 4 mini, I will test my Huawei smartphone, it used to work with DJI Go, but I haven't test it with DJI Go 4
2017-7-23
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 02:11
Aloha Pareja,

When I was forced into the DJI GO 4 app my Navida Shield tablet was rendered useless. I loved it up to that point. I couldn't get more than 30 seconds of video. It was a mess. I purchased a ipad Mini 4 and never had any issues until this latest firmware.

That said, I can see video issues with the app and tablet used, but you don't need the app up and running to fly the aircraft. So that part is out.
2017-7-23
Use props
JanF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1053865 ft
Norway

Icer Posted at 2017-7-22 12:39
Hi,
Mine is 07DDD4J - firmware v02.00.0106 - bug with unstabile flight and shaking.

Mine is also  07DDD4J and no problems whatsoever. Updated drone first then Controller, both smooth. Did not calibrate anything.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

JanF Posted at 2017-7-23 08:51
Mine is also  07DDD4J and no problems whatsoever. Updated drone first then Controller, both smooth. Did not calibrate anything.

I make all that in instruction. DJI Go last version, assistant2 last version.
1. Update RC
2. Update P4
3. IMU calibration and other things.
4. Test flight - terrible non stable - shaking.
5. Make 17-20 times firmware refresh with all different ways for calibrations and other things that i find on this forum. Always have same result - shaking and engines very fast change small amount rpm, making noise like rr-rr-rr. I try anything! Before i flight half year without any problems.
Now i try downgrade firmware, and all shaking and unstable flight is gone, at this moment i am 100% sure that it is firmware issue.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 22:42
Aloha Icer,

Well, you just blew my theory to.  I thought the P4s with s/n starting with 07DDD were not having problems.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  Mine is 07DDD4Q, no problems.

Hi Cetacean, i make upgrade using windows 7 OS by using asisstant2. You also use win7?
2017-7-23
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

JanF Posted at 2017-7-23 08:51

One with Flight issues:

I too updated drone first then controller, so the order does not seem to matter.

I updated drone with A2, controller with GO4.

I have also done a factory reset/refresh (whatever it's called) on drone and updated firmware via GO4, still issues.

This could be not so much a "manufacturing" date, but a IMU manufacturing date.

Wondering other examples....I have not updated in over a year, this was the first one. Could there be a missing "link" because of an update that was previous? If you are not having problems, when was the last time you updated prior to this? Having problems, did you skip the last few updates (not sure how many there were in the last year)?
2017-7-23
Use props
fans9660f229
lvl.2
Croatia

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 09:06
I make all that in instruction. DJI Go last version, assistant2 last version.
1. Update RC
2. Update P4

Hi how did you manage to downgrade your firmware? I have all the issues with my P4 and I really would like to downgrade mine. Can you help me?
2017-7-23
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

G Davidson Posted at 2017-7-22 09:20
I don't have flight stability issues on my P4 (serial no 07DDD3J) and I did calibrate the IMU afterwards.

However, you mentioned turning the P4 around on the second last step which is something I did not do but it gave me pause for thought as I suspected the diagram might not be quite right or open to interpretation. i.e. I laid the P4 back on its battery without turning it around.

Did you do this "wrong" calibration after you had issues with your P4 and it fixed the problems?
Did anyone else try it?
Beside the wobbling during Intelligent Flying Modes the video feed is bad. And this has nothing to do with the IMU, I think.
2017-7-23
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-23 10:26
Did you do this "wrong" calibration after you had issues with your P4 and it fixed the problems?
Did anyone else try it?
Beside the wobbling during Intelligent Flying Modes the video feed is bad. And this has nothing to do with the IMU, I think.

I did the "wrong" calibration before I flew the P4 for the first time after the firmware update.  In terms of video feed, this should have no effect on it. I can say I'm beginning to suspect my video feed is less stable than it used to be - tend to get little live video freeze ups from time to time in an open fairly unpopulated area.
2017-7-23
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

G Davidson Posted at 2017-7-23 10:39
I did the "wrong" calibration before I flew the P4 for the first time after the firmware update.  In terms of video feed, this should have no effect on it. I can say I'm beginning to suspect my video feed is less stable than it used to be - tend to get little live video freeze ups from time to time in an open fairly unpopulated area.

So you don't know if anyone having issues re-did the IMU calibration like in this video and if that helped or not?
2017-7-23
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-23 12:14
So you don't know if anyone having issues re-did the IMU calibration like in this video and if that helped or not?

Correct - I was hoping that my post would encourage someone to try the "wrong" way and report the outcome.
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-23 02:34
I fly with an iPad 4 mini, I will test my Huawei smartphone, it used to work with DJI Go, but I haven't test it with DJI Go 4

Aloha Pareja,

Keep me posted.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-23 06:42
When I was forced into the DJI GO 4 app my Navida Shield tablet was rendered useless. I loved it up to that point. I couldn't get more than 30 seconds of video. It was a mess. I purchased a ipad Mini 4 and never had any issues until this latest firmware.

That said, I can see video issues with the app and tablet used, but you don't need the app up and running to fly the aircraft. So that part is out.

Aloha AIM,

Have you heard about resetting the nVidia Shield K1 back to Android 6?  People who have done it are having no problems.  My own nVidia Shield K1 is doing much better with the latest releases.  These releases are from DJI, Android and nVidia.  All three are working on our problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 09:09
Hi Cetacean, i make upgrade using windows 7 OS by using asisstant2. You also use win7?

Aloha Icer,

My PC system is Windows 10.  So far there are no problems.  Can you get Win 10 in Latvia?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 13:53
Aloha Icer,

My PC system is Windows 10.  So far there are no problems.  Can you get Win 10 in Latvia?

Aloha Cetacean,
In Latvia we can also get win 11 , but this still not solve problems with P4 new firmware bugs.
Maybe not all the P4 users see "shaking" problem. Of course P4 still flight. But flight quality for many users now is like pica with 4 propellers with "go pro" on board.
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 14:11
Aloha Cetacean,
In Latvia we can also get win 11  , but this still not solve problems with P4 new firmware bugs.
Maybe not all the P4 users see "shaking" problem. Of course P4 still flight. But flight quality for many users now is like pica with 4 propellers with "go pro" on board.

Aloha Icer,

Mahalo for the update.  Does your P4 have Tripod now?  Does Tripod stabilize your flights?

I did not know there was a Win 11?  

http://www.techradar.com/news/so ... -windows-11-1293309

My apologies if there was any disrespect in my comments.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

I would careful announcing your up went fine. This forum is only for folks that have had bad experiences. Only kidding I guess, I like you post and think it's great to try and find out while some had issues
2017-7-23
Use props
BigN
New
Flight distance : 81601 ft
United States

I just picked up my P4P on Friday.  I did the update, no recalibration.  I have three batteries.  The second and third did not ask for updates.  I do get a ready for flight notification and a "take off."  I had some video trouble today, with green screen and such, but my iPad was also overheating in the sun.  I flew on a cooler day in the shade and had no video concerns on my iPhone.  I don't have my serial number handy right now.
2017-7-23
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Latvia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 15:11
Aloha Icer,

Mahalo for the update.  Does your P4 have Tripod now?  Does Tripod stabilize your flights?

Hi Cetacean,
About win 11 it was just a joke.
In firmware v02.00.0106 I also have tripod function but not test it because stop flying after first 10 minutes of very unstabile/shaking flight. In one moment my drone just be near to make flip. Also I find that all motors get very hot during shaking and rr-rr-rr sound. After downgrade to 01.02.0602 all problems with shaking and motor rpm disappear and P4 very stabile.
Thanks.
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Icer Posted at 2017-7-23 22:55
Hi Cetacean,
About win 11 it was just a joke.
In firmware v02.00.0106 I also have tripod function but not test it because stop flying after first 10 minutes of very unstabile/shaking flight. In one moment my drone just be near to make flip. Also I find that all motors get very hot during shaking and rr-rr-rr sound. After downgrade to 01.02.0602 all problems with shaking and motor rpm disappear and P4 very stabile.

Aloha Icer,

So, the downgrade sounds like the recommendation right now.  With the downgrade, do you still have Tripod?  Somehow, my DJI GO 4 is ver. 4.1.3 not ver. 4.1.2.  So, I do not have Tripod on my P4.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules