Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Asking for some advice
736 9 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

Hello guys, i've had my P3S for about 7 months now, and now thinking about getting a phantom 4. Is there anything I should know as looking at previous threads there's been some sketchy things going on with the P4 and wondering if there is anything I should be worried about. I still am going to get the P4 regardless but just trying to prepare. Thanks for your time, have a good day ;)
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

My advice: wait until DJI solves the firmware issues
2017-7-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

If your P3S is working well, stick with that until the multiple issues with the P4 are resolved.  I am one of the lucky ones who didn't do the updates and I can still fly reliably. Many others were not so lucky, as you can read here on the forum.
2017-7-22
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have no issues at all with my P4, so upgrade safely. I would choose the P4P though, due to its advanced optical system and surround obstacle sensing.
2017-7-22
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No issues with my P4 after the FW update.  Love the new Tripod Mode.
2017-7-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

To properly answer your question, it might help if you say what you use your P3S for. If it is for photography, then thje P4Pro would be better, but if just for fun flying, then the P4 would suffice. But as others say here, wait until the current mess is sorted out.
2017-7-22
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have both a P4 and P4P, both are great, although the P4P camera is superior.  I have not updated to the latest firmware due to the  many issues raised on the forums, although all former updates were fine.  For now, I find both of them to be dependable and they will do pretty much of what is asked of them within their specs.
2017-7-22
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

I have the P4 and love it.  My update went fine with no problems.  That being said I wish I had waited just a few more months and got the P4p for reasons already stated.
2017-7-23
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

I have the P4 and love it and have on occasion thought about upgrading but even with my update going well (no problems) I am going to wait awhile. 
2017-7-23
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

About a year ago I updated from P3p to P4p with the intention of selling my P3 but then I found the "follow me " mode on the P4 still doesn't work properly after 12 months and up-teen updates so now I've kept the P3.   
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules