3757 43 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-26 06:56
In other threads, I posted some results of RTH in gesture mode (no phone or RC).  Apparently the compass and GPS are used and relevant in gesture mode, as the craft will in fact RTH to original launch point.  This lead to the speculation:  What happens when you palm launch in a location which is causing a great deal of disturbance to the nav systems (gps and compass)?  Does the user know?  When using the app, the user is alerted.

My suspicion is that even when in gesture mode, the craft is just as susceptible to gps and compass issues.  I need to read the manual:  Do the led lights indicate when compass and gps are sound/good?

You would be correct, it is still susceptible to a fly away. And no, zero indication to the pilot (at least, on that firmware)
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_q7MFKcE4wOSX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133402 ft

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-22 09:24
Picture of broken Spark. Needless to say I'm shaken by this. Not just that it is broken, I'm sure that will be resolved by DJI, but that such an issue can happen on a device designed to be operated without a linked controller. Not sure I will trust this mode ever again!

I just bought the Mavic pro after update it happened to me too and  I thought that it was something I was doing wrong... thank goodness nothing happens but this has to be solved...sorry about your spark but I
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_q7MFKcE4wOSX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133402 ft

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-22 09:24
Picture of broken Spark. Needless to say I'm shaken by this. Not just that it is broken, I'm sure that will be resolved by DJI, but that such an issue can happen on a device designed to be operated without a linked controller. Not sure I will trust this mode ever again!

I just bought the Mavic pro after update it happened to me too and  I thought that it was something I was doing wrong... thank goodness nothing happens but this has to be solved...sorry about your spark but I
2018-10-12
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I will never ever use gesture mode...  after reading your experience and others, I wont even try it with the phone only.... I have never flown without the RC and OTG.  Even still, I have had an ATTI experience which I was able to handle, but its made me nervous ever since, it was my own fault in that instance, I set the running spark down moentarily on an old well head on our property, which must have had rebar in it... then I picked it back up to hand launch, which almost immediately produced IMU and compass errors about 30 seconds after take off.

I never fly near people or cars, this story makes me even more determined to avoid them.  Good luck with your future flights.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules