How to transition from Ground Station back to controller?
1320 5 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gedrism
lvl.1
United States

Hello!  When a mission is over, how to you transition from Ground Station control back to the controller for landing?  I've tried using the keyboard, but I don't like the sensitivity and it lands too harsh.
2015-3-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

S1 switch on Tx. Flip from GPS to Atti and back to Gps mode, then you are in control.
2015-3-22
Use props
gedrism
lvl.1
United States

Thanks!  Does the ground station have to been in any certain mode or does this basically pull control back regardless of what the GS is doing?  Thanks again!
2015-3-23
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Once you upload waypoints and hit the go button the Phantom is in autonomous mode and will fly the waypoints. To cancel them out you have to gain control of it with the S1 switch. Not sure what you mean by mode. The GS can lose connection with the Phantom but it will continue to fly waypoints and you still have the ability to take over with the S1 switch.
2015-3-24
Use props
gedrism
lvl.1
United States

Thanks again Raybro.  Yeah, I have to get my head around the fact that the mission is uploaded to the drone and the GS doesn't control it 100% of the time.  I was wondering what kept the GS from taking back over once you moved back to GPS mode, but what you said makes sense.  The Phantom is basically operating on its own after you click Go and you are just having it stop with the S1 switch.  Got it!
2015-3-25
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

I usually use the GPS/Atti/GPS switch to regain control to bring the beast home after an autonomous flight.

Most of the time I remember to place the throttle in the hover position BEFORE I flip the switch to fly manually.

The other times I get a nasty reminder when the UAV starts to drop out of the sky because the transmitter throttle is at zero.
2015-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules