Poor quality video reception with Ipad mini 4 !!!
2311 20 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86053 ft
Italy

Hi to all friends,
I just bought the phantom 4 pro.
I connected the remote control via USB to my ipad 4 mini, I installed the DJI GO 4 app and set all the settings for the best. I've  updated the drone firmware, I restarted it etc etc but I noticed the  quality of the video is bad, the screen often gets green, the video signal is intermittent, even 1 meter away !!! What is the problem? The ipad 4mini is compatible with DJI GO 4 !!!
I ask for help...
2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

The reason might be an incompatibility with the iOS 10.3.3 operating system of the IPAD 4 mini?
2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

Thank You! I didn't know this problem !!! So the problem is updating the iOS 10.3.3 operating system of the IPAD or is the latest phantom 4 pro DJI firmware?
2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

Which tablet works best? I bought IPAD 4 mini because everyone in this forum had recommended it to me and instead it's all the other way !!!! :-(
2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

Can I fix the problem with downgrade to the previous firmware?
2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

Which tablet works best?
2017-7-23
Use props
stephen.staplet
New
United Kingdom

I updated the firmware on my phantom four and had the same results a bad signal to my IPad. Now the phantom itself would still fly ok but not much use without a feed with just the same as you a green screen. The phantom is in the process of being repaired and the reason given for the problem is incompatible software. Now the question that I am asking myself is this is DJI a high end company or just some guys who got lucky at the start of the drone craze and are now in it over their heads. They come up with the updates so it is up to them to test before releasing it and I will not expect the excuse it must be a problem with whatever device you are using you no what your customers use or should it is up to you GET IT SORTED.
2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

2017-7-23
Use props
fans155fc8dc
lvl.1
Italy

Guys, I thank you, but I wanted to know which tablet device (android) works well with the phantom 4 pro ... ;-)
2017-7-23
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

fans155fc8dc Posted at 2017-7-23 13:58
Guys, I thank you, but I wanted to know which tablet device (android) works well with the phantom 4 pro ... ;-)

The Ipad mini 4 works best. Try resetting your firmware and re installing, I was having this issue, and now it is gone. With an Ipad mini 4 you should have zero lag or green screen. I'm running a P4Pro with a mini 2 on old firmware and it doesn't lag at all. You have to forgive people not answering your questions, People like "Pat" shouldn't have or ever use a drone, and when they have a problem, instead of being rational, they use every opportunity to talk about how bad dji is, which is easily seen, because he just ignores your question and keeps prattling on. There are only a handfull of people on these forums that you should pay attention to. Sadly anyone can buy and fly a drone, unlike the days where you had to have skill to go fly a plane or helicopter.

Also, this is a bit outdated, but may help you out. https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -performance.48388/
2017-7-23
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-7-23 15:54
The Ipad mini works best. Try resetting your firmware and re installing, I was having this issue, and now it is gone. With an Ipad mini 4 you should have zero lag or green screen. I'm running a P4Pro with a mini 2 on old firmware and it doesn't lag at all. You have to forgive people not answering your questions, People like "Pat" shouldn't have or ever use a drone, and when they have a problem, instead of being rational, they use every opportunity to talk about how bad dji is, which is easily seen, because he just ignores your question and keeps prattling on. There are only a handfull of people on these forums that you should pay attention to. Sadly anyone can buy and fly a drone, unlike the days where you had to have skill to go fly a plane or helicopter.

I"m having similar issues and have been happy until now. I removed and reinstalled the app on a Mini 2 and did not help.

Resetting the firmware? Is this on the AC, Controller or APP.. are there instructions on this?

Thanks!!
2017-7-23
Use props
VetteVert
New
Flight distance : 74846 ft
United States

Try disabling caching and turning on airplain mode.  Fixed these issues for me (ipad mini 4)
2017-7-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am using an Ipad Mini 4 IOS 10.3.3 on my P4Pro and I have not had any of the issues you mention.
However, I basically stripped all unnecessary apps off it, no email no messaging etc. It does have wifi and cellular which I leave on. Bluetooth is turned off.
Have you tried a different cable? The one I use is a lightning to USB cable which I got from DJI.
Do you know if it is using 2.4 or 5.8 and how good is the signal?
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sometimes get a compatibility message on my Mini 4 on start but goes away with no issues with lag, screen quality or capture on vid or stills. Not downloaded new firmware for a while as the current is stable and good. Status says latest FW on start too, so not upgrading any time soon.
2017-7-24
Use props
andy.suhl\
New
Flight distance : 775240 ft
United States

Was having bad freezing / green screen issues on iPad mini. But flew yesterday which was an usually cool day. No problems at all So I think it's a iPad heat issue
2017-7-26
Use props
kewald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130892 ft
United States

andy.suhl\@gmai Posted at 2017-7-26 11:40
Was having bad freezing / green screen issues on iPad mini. But flew yesterday which was an usually cool day. No problems at all So I think it's a iPad heat issue

I have the same issue in hot weather.   Ambient temp above 90 F will make it start lagging and as the iPad warms up more from processing it gets worse.  Didn't happen until the latest software update.  Probably the GeoFencing stuff taking up too many processor cycles.  Wish they would hurry up and fix it!  Can't fly early in the day because the sun is too low.  Catch 22.
2017-7-26
Use props
andy.suhl\
New
Flight distance : 775240 ft
United States

Is there any way to disable geofencing or dial down screen resolution? Thinking if computer does less processing will not heat up as much. It is summer after
All!
2017-7-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

andy.suhl\@gmai Posted at 2017-7-26 16:59
Is there any way to disable geofencing or dial down screen resolution? Thinking if computer does less processing will not heat up as much. It is summer after
All!

The geofencing calculations are done in the aircraft, so they do not impact the transmission. If you have a P4Pro then yes, there are menu options to lower the tyransmission bitrate.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules