Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bringing Spark on flights? Drone laws?
2181 2 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taimingkoh
lvl.2
Singapore

Hi everyone!

In August I'll be doing quite some travelling around Europe. I'll be starting with Italy, then moving on to many more countries.
I'd like to know if any of y'all has encountered any problems bringing Spark on flight, be it battery issues, lipo bag or even RC. "Should the batteries be dsicharged and etc."

And also, drone laws are constantly popping up (hard to keep up) so has anyone encountered any problems flying the Spark in other countries? Would like to hear from people from Europe as you'd know the drone laws best. I'd think the Spark being so small, might not raise much of a suspicion as compared to the Mavic or Phantom.

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated!!
2017-7-23
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check with the individual flight company, some have different rules. Most lay down - No more than 2 batteries, they have to discharged to under 50%, batteries separated with protected contacts - just buy some Lipo bags to keep them sepatate. It's new to most but pays to do your research or contact them. I contacted our company prior to flying to Lanzarote soon and they were very helpful. It took them a while to find the correct advice but it shows I'm doing the right thing. Be prepared for the Spanish Inquisition at the airport security. Do not be tempted to pack any batteries in the hold baggage - a big "NO". The temp changes during flights can make Lipo's do strange things. Cabin baggage only my friend. In regards to the suspision element - it's a drone and won't depend on type. Size maybe if its a massive octocopter but you should be good. Hope this helps.
2017-7-23
Use props
taimingkoh
lvl.2
Singapore

Thanks a lot for that. When you mention 2 batteries, is it 2 spares? Cause I'm intending to 3 bring a total of 3 batteries. 1 on Spark, 2 as spares.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules