DJI GO app just keeps crashing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154206 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so i updated my P3P a couple weeks back. Seemed to update ok and the txt file stated success. But the GO app just keeps crashing now.
I can open the app, connect the RC....all no problem. As soon as I turn on the aircraft and it connects the app crashes.....every time......on my iphone 6s+ and my iPad Air 2. Today I checked it on my girlfriends iPhone 5s and it crashed immediately.
DJI support over the phone has been unhelpful, and for two weeks now I have been engaged in the most dreadful dialogue with DJI Support through FaceBook. It takes hours and hours, sometimes days to answer, sometimes the answers I wait 2 days for are simply 'oh it should work'! Really? I know it should, but it doesn't!
I'm now at my wits end with this thing. I've tried reinstalling, signing out and signing in, changed connecting cable, literally everything I can think of (too much to list here) but still it crashes.
Now I'm convinced the aircraft hasn't updated properly, or there is a bug in the firmware. DJI Support has checked the txt file and claim nothing is wrong. But there clearly is.
One thing I've noticed is that the dates on the txt file are all wrong. DJI have told me this is nothing to worry about. I don't know how true that is, and it might not even be relevant.
Something on the aircraft is incorrect and conflicts with something on the app....I don't know really as I'm not an expert but it is really strange how it connects to the RC and is stable, sometimes I'll wait 10 minutes just to check it, but as soon as I start the aircraft it crashes.
The aircraft seems to operate perfectly with Litchi and the app doesn't crash.

I desperately need this aircraft flying this week. It worked perfectly fine before the firmware update. I have been in this surreal nonsense conversation with DJI for over 2 weeks now with them just repeating 'restart your phone', then two days later saying 'have you tried restarting your phone?'
What has happened?
Does anyone have any ideas? Or maybe DJI themselves can offer me 'real' support.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Since the app works fine when it does not connect to the drone, just to verify, had you tried to upgrade the drone once again? If not yet, please try, here's the upgrading tutorial for your reference:
For the iOS devices' crash, could you please export the crash logs of the app, provide the firmware version of your drone and RC with me? I'll transfer it to our engineer for analyzing.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
Coz I learned that you need to use the drone this week, I would suggest that you can try to connect the drone via an Android phone at present.
2017-7-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Can you verify that the RC is connected to your aircraft? You say the app crashed when you powered up the phantom. I for one always turn aircraft on first, then RC, then connect the cable to my tablet. Doubt that has any bearing on your issue, but wanted to offer it up. Apparently you were ok before the upgrade so whatever you were doing worked for you. It seems as though if Litchi does work for you, you can still fly. I understand that you want to the Go app working. I am not an I-phone guy, so I'm sorry I cannot offer much as far as your device, but just wonder if you could borrow an android device to just try it. May do the same thing???? You say the text file says success, but that doesn't mean your RC is upgraded correctly. Are you confident your RC was also upgraded? I can't explain the app crashing, but are the lights on your phantom red in front and green in the back. If the back lights are yellow, you have connection issues between the aircraft and the RC. You said Litchi is ok, but have you actually flown with it? Sorry for the questions but the more information you can give the better people can help you.
2017-7-24
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Sweden

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-7-24 04:48
Can you verify that the RC is connected to your aircraft? You say the app crashed when you powered up the phantom. I for one always turn aircraft on first, then RC, then connect the cable to my tablet. Doubt that has any bearing on your issue, but wanted to offer it up. Apparently you were ok before the upgrade so whatever you were doing worked for you. It seems as though if Litchi does work for you, you can still fly. I understand that you want to the Go app working. I am not an I-phone guy, so I'm sorry I cannot offer much as far as your device, but just wonder if you could borrow an android device to just try it. May do the same thing???? You say the text file says success, but that doesn't mean your RC is upgraded correctly. Are you confident your RC was also upgraded? I can't explain the app crashing, but are the lights on your phantom red in front and green in the back. If the back lights are yellow, you have connection issues between the aircraft and the RC. You said Litchi is ok, but have you actually flown with it? Sorry for the questions but the more information you can give the better people can help you.

I haven't flown with Litchi but it connects fine and goes to take off (although I haven't).
Doesn't matter what order I do my start up, as soon as the aircraft connects the app crashes.
The txt file says uograded, and DJI Support on FB say they have checked it and it has. Although I'm not so sure. I was convinced it was a firmware bug but I don't know. I think I'm going to quickly go out and check it flies on it's own (without any app) and Litchi. That would pretty much confirm if the fault lies with the aircraft or the app I guess.
Thanks for your help
2017-7-24
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 01:04
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Since the app works fine when it does not connect to the drone, just to verify, had you tried to upgrade the drone once again? If not yet, please try, here's the upgrading tutorial for your reference:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuhdZ4l18Q&index=9&list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEBFEM6Jc_nLk0zfyPtS
For the iOS devices' crash, could you please export the crash logs of the app, provide the firmware version of your drone and RC with me? I'll transfer it to our engineer for analyzing.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.

Ok I will do that. Thank you for your help. Do I export ALL crash logs for DJI GO? There is rather a lot of them, or just the latest?
2017-7-24
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 01:04
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Since the app works fine when it does not connect to the drone, just to verify, had you tried to upgrade the drone once again? If not yet, please try, here's the upgrading tutorial for your reference:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuhdZ4l18Q&index=9&list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEBFEM6Jc_nLk0zfyPtS

Yes I have updated the firmware again. The GO app is version 3.1.13. The aircraft is 1.11.20. The RC is 1.9.2.
Is that correct?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FlyingLocksmith Posted at 2017-7-24 07:10
Ok I will do that. Thank you for your help. Do I export ALL crash logs for DJI GO? There is rather a lot of them, or just the latest?

Please export all of it if it is possible. Thank you.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FlyingLocksmith Posted at 2017-7-24 07:21
Yes I have updated the firmware again. The GO app is version 3.1.13. The aircraft is 1.11.20. The RC is 1.9.2.
Is that correct?

Yes, they are all up to date. Thanks for the feedback.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules